SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel

This is a discussion on SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Fresh on the heels of the announcement of SEGA's serious financial hardship comes interesting news for fans of the company's ...

Check Those Corners

SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel

Fresh on the heels of the announcement of SEGA's serious financial hardship comes interesting news for fans of the company's Valkyria Chronicles series.

According to Andriasang, SEGA has trademarked the title "Valkyria Duel" in Japan. Whether or not this game is associated with SEGA's well-known Valkyria franchise remains to be seen, and it's unknown if SEGA intends on releasing a game with this title at all, or is simply protecting a possible future foray into widening the series.

The Valkyria series began on PlayStation 3 with Valkyria Chronicles in 2008. Two years later, in 2010, its sequel came to PSP in the form of Valkyria Chronicles II. Valkyria Chronicles III came to PSP in Japan in 2011, though there are currently no plans to bring it to the west.

Source: IGN.com SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel - PS3 News at IGN
    Do you think they will keep the series going or just keep it safe from other companies? I think they should keep making games because I still play them on the PSP every once in a great while.

INTJ

Still only for a shitty portable platform instead on the ps3 where it belongs.

just watch

sega - because we love to waste money

Check Those Corners

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Still only for a shitty portable platform instead on the ps3 where it belongs. just watch sega - because we love to waste money
    Sega is run by ignorant people and would most likely make one for the Vita if they decide to keep it going, otherwise, its going down the shitter like every other Sega game.

INTJ

total war games were never terrible

prove me wrong

edit:

http://www.destructoid.com/sega-hit-...s-224817.phtml

convienient

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm somewhat looking forward to this. If it sounds like it is, it's probably is multiplayer based Valkyria Chronicles.

I had some fun playing co-op and versus in VC2, so I'm actually wondering about this. But if it's for the Vita or PSP, then fuck. But if it works, then I'm down with it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just played the one for PS3 and loved it. I just hope they release a new one for PS3 soon.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

Worst move ever was putting it on the psp I had no second thoughts which i would sell out of my psp and ds..even though i had crisis core kh game on psp valkyria chronicles 2 and parasite eve 3...I just did not enjoy them all those games should have been ps3 titles.

Legend...Nuff Said

Hoping they bring another VC game to the PS3 or at least put trophies in the first one.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!