Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

What genre do you suck at the most?

This is a discussion on What genre do you suck at the most? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by omnislash Or just pick top tier characters like Vergil in UMVC3 (cheapest ass fuck where almost all ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Singularity in a Super Massive Black Hole

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Or just pick top tier characters like Vergil in UMVC3 (cheapest ass fuck where almost all of his moves are safe on block) and use them. Kidding aside that is pretty good advice but after that it's playing everyone because everyone fights different and learn how to beat certain spamming and cheap tactics with your character. Of course if your playing against pros than your pretty much screwed as they play the same game over and over again, know which moves are safe on block, know which moves are faster animation with their character to beat out whatever you do. We trophy hunters do switch from game to game.

On topic Music games but I did platinum Child of Eden which is a musical on rail shooter but the musical part is way harder as you score pts to the beat of the music. More challenging than even fighting games to plat IMO.
    Very true lol I, however, never go to that extreme, so I never become super good at them. I think it would be different if I had a regular sparring partner or something. I get good enough to hold my own against a mediocre player, and that's good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy-Page-666 View Post
    Spunkgargleweewee is a term invented by an immensely cynical games critic by the name of Yahtzee, who I think is frickin hilarious if taken with a pinch of salt. He does a weekly video review called Zero Punctuation. I think this is the first time he uses it:

Medal of Honor Warfighter & Doom 3 BFG Edition | Zero Punctuation Video Gallery | The Escapist

That basically covers it, the generic, sequelly, brown and grey shooters with a 3 hour campaign where you fight about 1000 enemies that may-or-may-not be the bad guys. Like CoD or whatever and I'm really not too keen on that genre, unfortunately most of my mates play nothing but that or Fifa so it often gets forced.

I'm not sure where the term twitch shooters comes from or even if I just made that one up. I call the modern realistic type shooters "twitch shooters", that is, regenerating health, lots of crouching behind cover, quick scoping and firing off a short burst. So twitch. because it relies mostly on quick reflexes. I'm not too good at explaining it so think of the fundamental difference between say Half Life and Modern Warfare.
    Ahahahaha that dude is hilarious! I agree Spunkgargleweewee is not for me! I don't mind twitch shooters (except for the Spunkgargleweewee ones), except that the remainder are often infused with rpg elements like Borderlands... and while it's a good game for a minute, it's not designed for a completionist like me. I get bored within a couple hours and if anything impedes me from playing the game for a couple days, I have no incentive to go back into the experience. Whereas someone like any of my former friends who just runs through a game spasmodically not bothering to collect anything that isn't readily in front of them or even to explore the entire world they are given, will eat it up because they won't even realize they haven't done all of the side quests by the time they've finished the game and shelved it for good, never to play it again. I just never got that mentality. At the most basic level, a large team of people worked very hard to develop this world to get my jollies off for a couple hours... the least I could do is explore it and see what it has to offer and sample all of it's mechanics. What's the point of selecting the same style you play every such game in, and running through the game in the same way, skipping all the dialogue and cutscenes (and half the time your objectives)??? By the time they're done they've got like 50% done in a game. It might take me an extra week or two, but I'll have 100% and have done things they had no idea even existed!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Real time strategies are my worst genre of gaming. I'm just so damn slow at it! Otherwise I wouldve gotten into the Warcraft III craze

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

Lvl 3 - Bronze

anything online

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think im above average on most game types but in saying that I have to work at each game to get to that level, its just a matter of working out the "niche" for each game. but answering the question I would prob go with as rpgs my wost of the lot as I don't have the patience to play "life" when I can live it outside lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I used to be decent at a few fighting games in the 16-bit era, but no longer. I really have no interest in taking the time to learn all those combos and become really proficient at it.

(I do love some SSB though. I'd probably still lose in a public match, but I'd at least have fun doing it.)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Fighting, racing, and FPS games. Terrible at all three.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910