Possible YLOD

This is a discussion on Possible YLOD within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; First off I have used the search function to look for threads related to my problem but they are either ...

Gotham's Reckoning

Possible YLOD

First off I have used the search function to look for threads related to my problem but they are either closed or none of them have a problem that I have right now and I say possible because I have never experienced the YLOD before.

It started two days ago while playing Dead Space, my PS3 turned off by itself while I was in the game I was annoyed but took no notice of it and started it up again. Then later while playing DS it turned off again so I assumed it was overheated as I was playing it for most of the day and just left it off for the night aswell as the next day.

Now today I was playing Borderlands Co-op for a couple of minutes and after a while the host left the game so I decided to go and do some XP but while choosing my character my PS3 turned off again and when I switched it on it was going to give me the "Your PS3 Wasn't Turned Off Properly" screens when it turned off again but this time when I switched it on I see a green light for a split second and it turns off and it keeps doing this every time I try switching it on.

First off I have saves of the games I am playing at the moment (well the ones that allow me to copy onto my USB anyway, *cough Bayonetta *cough) but today while playing Borderlands Co-op, I got this really awesome shield which I think was dropped by someone who works at Gearbox (I think) and I really want to update that save and two, my Borderlands disc is still inside my PS3.

What should I do?

EDIT: I don't have PS Plus so the online cloud storage is not an option for me if I do get my PS3 working and plan on saving the non-copyable saves .
    Last edited by gamelord-2007; 04-02-2012 at 01:52 PM.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Death is Awaiting....

Sounds to me like your PS3 is fucked.. leave it off for a few days then try to turn it on and backup your saves. Sounds like it's on the verge of dying Sounds like the symptoms of overheating or something to do with the power supply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

PRO Member

I did a reflow of mine and it gave it about another 2 weeks of life before it forever slept. I was able to back up many saves and I used the PSPlus online storage for as much else as I could.

Sorry to hear it man, it is a pita but you will recover.

edit: also if it is truly dead and you need your disc, you can disassemble and open the BR drive and get your disc back. I had to do this for my Skyrim disc
    Last edited by Pepticacid; 04-02-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: add info

Gotham's Reckoning

Well I made a little progress. I managed to get the Borderlands disc out through a video I came across on Youtube while browsing for a soloution to my problem. I'll post the video here if anyone ever gets the same problem as me.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18