Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

blu ray drive is dead :(

This is a discussion on blu ray drive is dead :( within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have the exact same problem right now as well Johnny. Thankfully my brother has been leeching a room off ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

I have the exact same problem right now as well Johnny. Thankfully my brother has been leeching a room off me in my apartment at the moment and i can still play my disc games on his ps3 lol. I've also been looking into getting this one fixed, although I've also thought about just straight out buying a new system as mine in almost 4 years old now.

With all the information in this thread I have now opened myself up to the possibilty of doing it myself, just gotta do some more reasearch into it. Anyways thanks guys, and I wish you the best of luck Johnny, because believe me I truly know how aggrivating it can be to only play psn games

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by snow2288 View Post
    I have the exact same problem right now as well Johnny. Thankfully my brother has been leeching a room off me in my apartment at the moment and i can still play my disc games on his ps3 lol. I've also been looking into getting this one fixed, although I've also thought about just straight out buying a new system as mine in almost 4 years old now.

With all the information in this thread I have now opened myself up to the possibilty of doing it myself, just gotta do some more reasearch into it. Anyways thanks guys, and I wish you the best of luck Johnny, because believe me I truly know how aggrivating it can be to only play psn games
    Read the last post on the first page. All the information you need to DIY.

PRO Member

Goodbye to the beloved PS3. It had a good heart after its upgrade when its heart grew over 10 sizes from 40 to 500. Some people referred to it as the Grinch for this, however it preferred Frankenstation 3. Frankenstation may not have been as slim as other PS3s and was often referred to as a fatty but it was for the larger size she was remembered as an original. She would often let anyone on her and put anything they felt like it in her. She was a good system, even though she murdered my Street Fighter 4 Fight Stick. While she may not be completely dead, she is as good as. She will always be in our hearts and minds. Farewell Frankenstation 3, you will be missed.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post

Goodbye to the beloved PS3. It had a good heart after its upgrade when its heart grew over 10 sizes from 40 to 500. Some people referred to it as the Grinch for this, however it preferred Frankenstation 3. Frankenstation may not have been as slim as other PS3s and was often referred to as a fatty but it was for the larger size she was remembered as an original. She would often let anyone on her and put anything they felt like it in her. She was a good system, even though she murdered my Street Fighter 4 Fight Stick. While she may not be completely dead, she is as good as. She will always be in our hearts and minds. Farewell Frankenstation 3, you will be missed.

LMFAO!!!!! that was freaking great dude. although she may not be totally dead she is on her way. sucks she took out your street fighter stick but she knew her time was short and i guess needed a friend in the elephant graveyard. gamestop offered me $115 for her today so i guess i'll take her in and trade towards a 320 slim as soon as i can scrounge up the rest of the money. won't be easy but i'll figure it out someway lol

and to everyone else thanks for the comments and DIY tips but trust me.....i am not a DIY type of person. i was surprised i was able to upgrade my hdd myself without messing that up and that's freaking simple.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    LMFAO!!!!! that was freaking great dude. although she may not be totally dead she is on her way. sucks she took out your street fighter stick but she knew her time was short and i guess needed a friend in the elephant graveyard. gamestop offered me $115 for her today so i guess i'll take her in and trade towards a 320 slim as soon as i can scrounge up the rest of the money. won't be easy but i'll figure it out someway lol

and to everyone else thanks for the comments and DIY tips but trust me.....i am not a DIY type of person. i was surprised i was able to upgrade my hdd myself without messing that up and that's freaking simple.
    Then make sure you atleast deactivate your accounts through the Sony site so you can keep your 2-5 Ps3 slots.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Check Those Corners

At this point in time, I would most likely just save up for Orbis (PS4) if my PS3 was to break. Even though I still have 2 years left on my warrenty. But after that if it happens, I will save up. But in your case, you can repair it for a cheap price. The closest store that I have that would repair PS3's costs $250. I would rather do it myself. But, your lucky to have a repair so cheap. Good luck

Chuck Norris Approved.

Well Johnny, like I said make the 2 hour trip and hang with me. Ruckus can baby sit your son. Anyways when you get ready to start Dungeon Defenders just give me a shout and I will help you learn the ropes so to speak. Then when you need to wrap of the tough insane challenges and what not I will also be there to help you brother.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12