Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looks like that's it, my friends

This is a discussion on Looks like that's it, my friends within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I agree with timeless also.Ive been gaming for quite some time now and i have never once regretted how much ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I agree with timeless also.Ive been gaming for quite some time now and i have never once regretted how much time i have invested in gaming over the years.But if this is the decision you have made then thats cool.If your not enjoying it then i can appreciate that.I would say though (like others) dont sell your stuff as a break maybe good for you and you could end up regretting it later on,but whatever you decide on,best of luck to you sir

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Ahhh, I hate these topic cause it makes me think myself but I'm only 20 now. I just hate how the industry is (Simcity 5) you must be online just to play wtf. Online passes, all this talk about no used games..

Signature by DaRe_xLw

illegal in 9 countries

I've been gaming for 34 years. There have been periods where I've focused my energy on other endeavours and I've been absent for months or years at a time. But the one constant throughout my time on planet Earth is that I am a gamer.

Gaming is a pastime, just like reading books, watching movies, listening to music or participating in sport. There are times when the passion wanes, but the interest is always renewed.

Read a book, catch a flick, go to a concert, learn to scuba dive or ride bareback on a beach with Fabio. Maybe not the last one...but you get my point.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder - some other game will catch your attention sooner or later and you'll regret it if you pack up your goodies and pawn them off for a pittance.

Lvl 9 - Gold

It would be sad to see you give it up completely, bud. Like so many others have said, don't be hasty in getting rid of all your gaming gear - what you get for it won't be anywhere near what you paid for it. Box it up for 6 months, a year, however long you want - then if you do feel the urge to replay a favourite game, or to buy a new one that piques your interest, you'll still have all your gear handy. If you sell it off and then decide to play something somewhere down the line, you'll have to buy a new system, and the price of doing so may put you off doing it! If nothing else, you'd lose all your save data and have to start over again from scratch, and that'd be a shame if you've invested lots of time into certain games, as you obviously have done with GTA IV.

Take a break and see how it goes.

PRO Member

Well I don't know whats the story but I know if next gen gaming brings in the no used games policy I won't be far behind you.

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

This is dumb, why would you post on a public gaming site that your are going to quit gaming. Seems to me like you just want attention.
    Well, now you have it - time to go back to gaming.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I remember the thread you posted before, shame you got fatigued sir, it can so easily happen.

When i knew i was going to be a Dad, i knew my days of gaming for 10 hours a day were coming to a close, i worried i would get impatient with longer games and just end up quitting gaming.Hell, i was pretty sure it was over.

8 months on from the birth of my son and if anything, i find a reappreciation of gaming, i don't speed through things, trying to get to the next game, i take my time and with only a couple of hours a day, i make games like Skyrim last nearly 5 months, much like i did with games back in the SEGA Megadrive days, also managed 3 Platinums too!
    Can't imagine life without games, at 24 years of playing, it's been a fixture in my life for a long while and i enjoy it just as much now as i did when i played Chubby Gristle on the ZX Spectrum.

Legend...Nuff Said

If your not having fun anymore, take a break. Unless your hurting for money or space I'd suggest not selling your stuff because A) you'll get nothing for it B) you might regret it later C) it'd cost you more to buy it all back.
    I've seen it happen with lots of friends who used to play Magic cards. They said they'd stop, sold their stuff, and then complained how much it cost to buy all that stuff back. LOL

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

ybt
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

I felt the same about trophy hunting about a year ago, I didn't feel like spending a lot of time grinding for a pixel reward, then I just stopped playing for trophies, after some games I realized that trophies added something to the game, (just in case I ketp the games) but still felt kind of tired about videogames, in fact I only used my ps3 to charge my ipod or watch movies. now I'm enyoing games again, even though I only play like an hour every 2 days. It happens to all of us, I'm 28 now, have my own company, married to a wonderful woman. I miss the days I could spend a whole day playing, but I don't want them back, now videogames are a complement to my life to release stress from work or have a little fun, and not my life as it used to be, I sometimes spend a week without playing, you can balance your life between a hobbie an your games. greetings

United Military Gamers

Don't get rid of your stuff yet, take a break maybe a long break.....once you get rid of your stuff you will resent yourself for doing it later........

United Military Gamers - like us on Facebook

Buy my book, Alteration

Your choice, man. If you're done, we can't stop you. I hope you have a good life away from the controller.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

Just like everyone else said, im am old dude(39) i have three teenager, first grandchild on the way, 40 hr a week job, side jobs and i volunteer to help others. But i use my system as stress relief. i stopped for along time while PS2 was phasing out but kept the system. Then got the PS3 now im back at it. I will get bored with it take a break, then i will see some odd game someone else was playing and try it. Just box it up for a few months before you sell it. the prices cant get much lower than they are now?

This _ _ _ _ is getting Serious!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I say just take a break. Not trying to change your mind or anything, but big breaks really do help. All in all, it's your choice, and hopefully you make a choice you won't regret.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd00d View Post
    This is dumb, why would you post on a public gaming site that your are going to quit gaming. Seems to me like you just want attention.
    This.

(.............)

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i wonder how long it will take for you to come back......

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

gaming should be a pleasure, not a job. if you don't feel like doing it anymore just move on, I dont see a problem.
    plus, nothing stops you from ever coming back if you get hyped for another game. I'm an old gamer too, been doing that for 20 years and I still love it. dark souls just showed me this last month that you cant get this kind of enterteinment anywhere else.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I really appreciate your feedback! I'll take your advice and won't sell my gaming gear (at least for now)

Quote Originally Posted by x_Fenrix_x View Post
    I'm curious. Why are you posting this?? And why am I reading this thread?
    I'm posting this looking for advice from fellow gamers. Whay are u reading this? just u know dude

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    you feel the need to announce this like it would hurt anyone or anything.... oh no random forum member is quitting gaming for good... good thing I packed a lunch
    Oh no, random forum member is criticizing me! I'm not "announcing" anything, just I wanted to hear opinions, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Well I don't know whats the story but I know if next gen gaming brings in the no used games policy I won't be far behind you.
    That's true! those restrictions on next-gen make things look SO bad!

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd00d View Post
    Again. looking for some advice. Attention for what? if you read my initial post, at the end I say I would appreciate FEEDBACK. Looking 4 feedback and advice, not attention.
    Last edited by SkinnZero68; 04-05-2012 at 05:12 PM.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnZero68 View Post
    Again. looking for some advice. Attention for what? if you read my initial post, at the end I say I would appreciate FEEDBACK. Looking 4 feedback and advice, not attention.
    Don't even entertain these jokers. People would rather talk shit than just move along to a subject they care about.

On Topic - I've been there man. I took a nice long break in between system generations. I only got back into it a year ago. I must have been away from gaming for a couple of years at least. Just pack your shit up in a box or boxes and store it away somewhere cool and dry. You'll pick it back up eventually. Even if not this generation, maybe the next (unless these companies totally fuck it up). Even if you don't pick it back up, it's all good. Find another hobby. Build model train sets. Restore a car. Take up a musical instrument. Do what makes you happy.

PRO Member

Well good luck out there but be careful.....

I hear its scary out there....there is thing called sunshine....dont know what it is, but i bet its like a monster you would find in the end of Devil May Cry

Check Those Corners

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    you feel the need to announce this like it would hurt anyone or anything.... oh no random forum member is quitting gaming for good... good thing I packed a lunch
    I sense the fact that you don't understand why people post this kind of stuff. First off, everyone on this site is like one big giant family who enjoy gaming. We all help each other, and do one thing we all know and love. Not meaning to be rude, but people on here care for each other. Also, people who have been gaming for 20 years? Thats like an achievement man. Everyone on here treats each other like there in their own family. Not meaning to be rude though, so don't take it the wrong way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast