Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Looks like that's it, my friends

This is a discussion on Looks like that's it, my friends within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Looks like I'm done now. Looks like about 20 years of gaming have finally come to an end. I'm sad, ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Looks like that's it, my friends

Looks like I'm done now. Looks like about 20 years of gaming have finally come to an end. I'm sad, because I feel the excitement is gone, this time for good.
    Maybe some of you remember I posted something similar a few months ago, about gaming fatigue and stuff, and somewhere I said the only game I feel hyped for was Batman Arkham City. Well, it's an awesome game, but I haven't finished it fully yet, and don't know if I ever will. Actually I'm calculating the value of my console, games and accesories right now!
    It was awesome, but it seems that the time has finally come. Howevere, I would really appreciate any feedback you could send. Thank you

PRO Member

I'm unfamiliar with the back story here but, it's sad to see you pack up

May I inquire as to why the, seemingly sudden, change of heart?

PRO Member

Maybe you're just burned out from gaming and need a long break. It happens with all sorts of things in life. I wouldn't make a hasty decision and sell all of your gaming stuff right away... that could be an expensive regret later if you get the itch to play videogames again.

Nope, nothing

I think I do recall the thread you made before, especially about you saying Arkham City being the only game you're enjoying.

It's crap that you feel like you're done with gaming, I suppose none of us can change your mind, you either enjoy something or you don't.

Good luck out there

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't know if you're taking the right decision here...
    Try something new , a PS-Move set or a 3D-TV perhaps.

Revelations 19:16

I wouldnt say quit, i'd say take a break/vacation from gaming. That way if you decide to return you still have all your stuff available. Im 30 now with 2 little girls so i have to take breaks from time to time, and when i return, it feels pretty good!
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

PRO Member

If you're not happy or not having fun anymore, then maybe it is time? It sucks but there is most likely a point in time for everyone. Good luck with whatever it is you've got in store.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 4 - Silver

It looks to me like you've made up your mind on the situation already, so all I can say is to definitely re-think the selling all you stuff because what theyre gonna give you for it is next to nothing... and just in case you do happen to have any regrets you wont have to pay 4-5x more to re-purchase what you sold....

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I also wouldn't just sell everything right away. First take a long break and just see what the future has to offer. If then your still not excited, you can go through with it. That's my advice
    Awesome sig made by Bladia

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm curious. Why are you posting this?? And why am I reading this thread?

Regional Manager of War

My advice is don't sell your stuff just yet because just like snow mentioned they will give you nothing. I suggest taking a break because it happens to the best of us and at one point I only played games maybe 3-5 hours a month, this is when I owned a 360 back in 2008. Than I purchased a PS3 and gaming came back into my life. Good luck on what you decide, just don't rush into this.

Game on....

I have been gaming for over 20 years and i have never once wanted to stop gaming. Sure i have thought about the amount of time i have put into gaming and questioned if i could of used the time more constructively but i don't regret gaming at all. Gaming is a stress reliever and great fun. No other entertainment can take me away from reality as well as gaming for hours at a time.

Retired

Don't give up yet, just take a long or short break, if you disagree, then good luck man.

Mr. X

If you don't want to play games then you don't have to. It's not like there's a gun to your head. I would advise against selling all your stuff though.

I remember a time back in the PS2 days when I just stopped caring about games. I hardly ever played anything for around a year and then gradually the gaming bug just clawed its way back. You never know how you'll feel in the future and you'd be really gutted if you got rid of all your gaming equipment for a quick buck and then wanted to play again.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

The One and Only

Oh no, we're losing another gamer to the real world.

I do recall an older thread about you getting gaming fatigue, and it was only a matter of time before you decided to pack it up. I hope one day you decide to return to gaming for a little bit, it doesn't have to be from the PS3.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

I can't even imagine stop playing games. Been playing them all my life nearly. There has been brief points where I didn't want to play as much as others. Usually that's just because I'm bored with the games I've got at the moment and want a new one. Right now I don't think I will ever stop, who knows.

Winter Is Coming

The only reason to play games is for enjoyment, clearly you're not enjoying it so just quit.
    I would advise against selling your stuff though, just box it up and keep it to look back on someday. I still own my ps1 and ps2, I wouldn't consider selling them.

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

worlds biggest welch fan

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    I have been gaming for over 20 years and i have never once wanted to stop gaming. Sure i have thought about the amount of time i have put into gaming and questioned if i could of used the time more constructively but i don't regret gaming at all. Gaming is a stress reliever and great fun. No other entertainment can take me away from reality as well as gaming for hours at a time.

agreed timeless,
    breaks are good I take them from time to time or change up the genres to keep it fresh.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 6 - Silver

you feel the need to announce this like it would hurt anyone or anything.... oh no random forum member is quitting gaming for good... good thing I packed a lunch

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I remember the time we boosted Bomberman Ultra together good times

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast