Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PS3: The First Console to Offer Amazon Instant Video

This is a discussion on PS3: The First Console to Offer Amazon Instant Video within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 Thats what I told my friend and he defended it. Hes like "oh its 30 seconds, ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Thats what I told my friend and he defended it. Hes like "oh its 30 seconds, its not bad". If its free then sure 30 seconds is fine, but on a paid service its BS...
    Agreed. 30 seconds is worse than the ads on Youtube, which you can actually skip!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    amazon had a on demand service?
    Yah, for a long time now. But the only access I had to it was the Roku at my Mom's and Dad's house, and my computers..... I'm not going to watch a movie on a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Interesting. I was wondering when someone was going to offer Netflix some serious competition.
    BlockBuster's online service, crackle, and Hulu~... But I still preferred Netflix due to it being offered on the Ps3.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    BlockBuster's online service, crackle, and Hulu~... But I still preferred Netflix due to it being offered on the Ps3.
    Never heard of Crackle, and wasn't BlockBuster's online service dead ? I did forget about Hulu, though.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

After reading all the posts, I'll still keep my netflix service. I like it a lot and can run it on the wii too. I only wish they'd update shows more often. Some of the shows I like (Eureka, Psych, Burn Notice) are two to three seasons old. But you get what you pay for and I only pay $7.99 a month. I love watching all the old Top Gears that I missed. I didn't get into the series until the last couple of years. I also use the over the air HD signals for all the shows I like on the major networks and record them using my PC. I then stream those to my PS3 and watch them on my T.V.!!!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Thats what I told my friend and he defended it. Hes like "oh its 30 seconds, its not bad". If its free then sure 30 seconds is fine, but on a paid service its BS...
    how is it bs,that 30 second ad helps keep the cost of the service down,if they didnt have ads they would charge more for the service.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

lol 30 seconds is literally nothing.

i've had the amazon service since it started as i'm a prime member but i've never used it since they don't really offer anything that netflix doesn't. i'd much rather have the HBOgo that 360 has.

Kid, not loser

Just checked out Amazon, and there is not much selection for the Prime. Everything seems like you gotta pay for.

I have netflix and Hulu also, and I love netflix, hate Hulu. Hulu now has ads that are a minute long. Watching shows like the office you have to watch 4 ads and 4 minutes an episode makes that 52 minutes a season. Not much to other people but thats a lot of time taken for what I pay for monthly. Also, there is more on the free version of hulu on regular comps, and less on hulu plus, which really pisses me off. Then there is no tracker of which episodes you watched, which also really pisses me off. Only like hulu for having shows updated daily, and that is all.

Netflix has everything I want that hulu has and doesnt have(besides updates daily). Now, I only have hulu cause I stole the account from my mother

An old-fashioned cowboy

I've only ever bought one thing of amazon instant video, Season 1 of the Walking Dead and the only reason I bought it was because it cost me $1 dollar. I miss that dollar.

Crocodile Hunter

why does this shit never happen in australia -.-

Sig by Apokolypz

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    why does this shit never happen in australia -.-
    Don't worry, you're not the only one that suffers due to where you live .

Toggle Spoiler

Crocodile Hunter

Don't worry, you're not the only one that suffers due to where you live .
    and the guys bitching about the 'long' ads, clearly they have never watched aussie tv or even foxtel/austar

Sig by Apokolypz

Harvester of Souls

This is pretty sweet and combined with fact of amazon prime and benefits of that when not using Netflix anyways, win-win for me. Sure Netflix is better, but anything not on this, can just rent or find elsewhere.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

Never heard of Crackle, and wasn't BlockBuster's online service dead ? I did forget about Hulu, though.
    Crackle is a free streaming service with like 15-30 second commercials every now and then. Umm, last time I checked(atleast 3 months ago), BlockBuster's online service was still alive. I was considering it but didn't. Because Ps3 didn't have the application lol. Never cared for Hulu. But I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and get free movie streams. This will be a nice addition .
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

NSFW

USA:
    Netflix vs. Amazon in an awesome head to head battle!!!!!! Who will be the winner?

Europe and Australia:
    *Complete silence*

When can we get some of that streaming pie?

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    USA:
    Netflix vs. Amazon in an awesome head to head battle!!!!!! Who will be the winner?

Europe and Australia:
    *Complete silence*

When can we get some of that streaming pie?
    If your country/provider doesn't block out the sites, a lot of the networks offer their shows via direct stream. Also, there's always Frostwire/Torrents for those shows that aren't offered via streaming through their web sites.

I haven't heard of this new PS3 app. I actually asked Amazon about this six months ago over the phone. Of course, that wasn't why I initially contacted them, however, the customer rep said that a lot of people like myself had been requesting it. They said that they would add my request to the pool. I guess the squeaky wheel really does get the grease. Awesome! I love Amazon.

Saints Row IV

why this thing doenst come out in Europe
    Americans enjoy all the new things
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

PS3 may be the first, but this app has some issues... Its not incredibly intuitive how to link this app to your existing amazon account.

I may drop netflix for this, we'll see. I'm going to keep both for a few months and see what happens. Netflix is doing some things good, but youre just lying to yourself if you aren't admitting their really lagging on the movies front.

Amazon on the other hand already has a better selection than Netflix in that department.

At the very least I'm hoping this puts pressure on Netflix to get their shit together.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    PS3 may be the first, but this app has some issues... Its not incredibly intuitive how to link this app to your existing amazon account.

I may drop netflix for this, we'll see. I'm going to keep both for a few months and see what happens. Netflix is doing some things good, but youre just lying to yourself if you aren't admitting their really lagging on the movies front.

Amazon on the other hand already has a better selection than Netflix in that department.

At the very least I'm hoping this puts pressure on Netflix to get their shit together.
    Interesting opinion. I'm trying the one month free trial of the Amazon Prime service. I'm finding that you can find a lot more movies, but still a majority of titles (at least upon my first usage with Amazon Prime via the PS3) was not part of the unlimited streaming service, rather for pay. Titles like Breaking Bad seasons 1-3 are available to Nexflix subscribers at no additional cost other than the monthly subscription fee whereas it is still sold as a cost via Amazon Prime.

The only other thing that bothers me about Amazon Prime is I couldn't find an area to activate subtitles, whereas on Netflix those are available. I'm not entirely sure, as I haven't fully explored Amazon Prime yet. My wife and I are currently watching episodes of Lost, and we need to keep the volume down when our daughter sleeps.

So there may be more titles via Amazon Prime, but it still looks like many titles are not part of the unlimited streaming service.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

cool, now bring this service over to canada. thank you

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lord of all Goat-Men

Shitty service in Aus is why I chose to fulfill my new media needs by "other" means...
    Give us the same content for the same price, and then we'll talk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast