Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PS3: The First Console to Offer Amazon Instant Video

This is a discussion on PS3: The First Console to Offer Amazon Instant Video within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PS3: The First Console to Offer Amazon Instant Video – PlayStation Blog...

Lvl 8 - Gold

PS3: The First Console to Offer Amazon Instant Video

INTJ

amazon had a on demand service?

PRO Member

Uh oh... looks like Netflix isn't the only kid on the block anymore.

INTJ

netflix is still better.

netflix has MST3K.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    netflix is still better.

netflix has MST3K.
    True story today.... let's see what happens and re-evaluate "tomorrow".

Revelations 19:16

Ok so i downloaded the software...and trying to link my amazon account to the device, but there is no "register device' option on the ps3 amazon app that their instructions indicate???
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Quote Originally Posted by djthaiboxer View Post
    Ok so i downloaded the software...and trying to link my amazon account to the device, but there is no "register device' option on the ps3 amazon app that their instructions indicate???
    Nevermind...quit the app, signed out/back into the PSN, loaded app...and there is the option, lol

PRO Member

Do I understand this correctly? Instant streaming is a part of Amazon Prime, which is $79/year? Right now, I pay $8/month ($96/year) to Netflix and I am getting disappointed with their streaming selection. Plus there are other benefits to prime....

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    Do I understand this correctly? Instant streaming is a part of Amazon Prime, which is $79/year? Right now, I pay $8/month ($96/year) to Netflix and I am getting disappointed with their streaming selection. Plus there are other benefits to prime....
    but netflix has king of the hill, top gear, lilyhammer, arrested development (which netflix is recording a new season and a movie for), and mst3k

what more do you need

PRO Member

but netflix has king of the hill, top gear, lillyhammer, arrested development, and mst3k

what more do you need
    I'm going to see what Amazon offers, but out of the shows you've listed.... I would only watch Arrested Development.

INTJ

I'm going to see what Amazon offers, but out of the shows you've listed.... I would only watch Arrested Development.
    you should watch arrested development at least

it's hilarious as hell.

lilyhammer too if you can handle random language changes every now and then (tends to swtich to norwegian and english because it's placed in norway, but there's subtitles for the Norwegian parts)

not to mention netflix has the giant supply of documentaries that are fun to watch (like the yes men for example) and discovery channel shows.

Kiwi Defender

Interesting. I was wondering when someone was going to offer Netflix some serious competition.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

you should watch arrested developmentat least

it's hilarious as hell.

lilyhammer too if you can handle random language changes every now and then (tends to swtich to norwegian and english because it's placed in norway, but there's subtitles for the Norwegian parts)
    I have watched a few episodes of AD and I really liked it... but then it got canceled. I wasn't aware of it being on Netflix, so thanks for that... I was looking for a new show to watch at work. I'll look into the others.

BTW, I just browsed the TV shows on the Amazon streaming, and it is worse than the selection netflix offers. I'll keep an eye on it in the future.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Not sure if it's just a UK thing, but my ps3 allows Netflix and LoveFilm [which is an amazon owned company]. I assume that this is the same thing, with a 5.99 a month a price tag... :s That is MUCH better than Netflix (I've had both, cancelled nf), and allows tv shows and films by post or streaming. Although for most tv shows there is also the bbc iplayer and the itv player too...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

INTJ

I have watched a few episodes of AD and I really liked it... but then it got canceled.
    netflix is actually recording new episodes and stuff for it

'Arrested Development' Revival: Entire Cast Confirmed For Netflix Series With Original Writers

It's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13. VERY excited!

So far i like Hulu better...Amazon may give you the first season or 2 free, but charge by episode for the rest, where Hulu gives you all seasons for free.

I think it just depends on what you are looking for. Like Netflix will have a few old seasons, Hulu will have some of the newer ones, and Amazon may just pick up the slack with other networks. Either way, even the Combination of all 3 (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon) a month is still cheaper than my cable bill was when i had cable.

INTJ

hulu is terrible

if i pay for their service and i still get adverts, whats the point

how bout netflix where you never see a single ad.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by djthaiboxer View Post
    So far i like Hulu better...Amazon may give you the first season or 2 free, but charge by episode for the rest, where Hulu gives you all seasons for free.

I think it just depends on what you are looking for. Like Netflix will have a few old seasons, Hulu will have some of the newer ones, and Amazon may just pick up the slack with other networks. Either way, even the Combination of all 3 (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon) a month is still cheaper than my cable bill was when i had cable.
    I've really considered canceling my cable but just can't get myself to do it. My internet is on my cable and the bill is just ridiculous.

I've really considered canceling my cable but just can't get myself to do it. My internet is on my cable and the bill is just ridiculous.
    We cut cable over a year ago. Cable combined with my internet was around $130 a month...so we just decided to go with Netflix and Hulu, and now checking out Amazon.

I mainly went through and checked out some AMC shows on amazon, like Breaking Bad, where the first 3 seasons are free on Netflix, but cost on amazon, even for Prime member.

Might as well just stick with Vudu for these episodes that cost...

Legalize it...

hulu is terrible

if i pay for their service and i still get adverts, whats the point

how bout netflix where you never see a single ad.
    Thats what I told my friend and he defended it. Hes like "oh its 30 seconds, its not bad". If its free then sure 30 seconds is fine, but on a paid service its BS...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast