Is Two the new One

This is a discussion on Is Two the new One within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the sequel to some games change the protagonist's choice of ...

PRO Member

Is Two the new One

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the sequel to some games change the protagonist's choice of weapon from Single to Duel Wielder.
    I noticed it a lil pattern in these game series (SW: Force Unleashed, Dark Siders, and the Final Fantasy 13 series), which and digging through my games and i also noticed it in Kingdom Hearts.

Each one of those game has you starting off the series with the hero wielding one blade/ weapon (not to be confused with switchable weapons or a secondary weapon, they have to hold two weapon for most of the game), then the sequel is relased/announced and has new/old protagonist now holding two weapons.

is it just me thats thinking to much into it or is there a real pattern here...if you know of any other games that fits this pattern that i havent mentioned post the title..

Is two better then one??
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 10 - Platinum

dual wielding seems like a cool concept so now it gets tossed into everything just like zombies