Problem with my PS3

This is a discussion on Problem with my PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Guys strange thing happened to my PS3 few weeks ago, i thought its the dust but today i found every ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Problem with my PS3

Guys strange thing happened to my PS3 few weeks ago, i thought its the dust but today i found every game i played has scratches
    this what happen when i insert a game

BTW MGS collection cracked from the center circle its useless now

Note : the " tick" sound is from UPS not from PS3
    Last edited by hawkiq; 04-05-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

PRO Member

That sounds horrible! Your BD drive must be hosed. Is the drive damaging the discs (i.e. causing the scratches)?

Revelations 19:16

Sounds like something is catching in the rotation, like something may be warped? Idk...maybe its time to play ps3 doctor and open it up and see.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    That sounds horrible! Your BD drive must be hosed. Is the drive damaging the discs (i.e. causing the scratches)?
    i think so, because when the MGS HD cracked i thought its the case problem, but today i found PES 2012 has scratches on label face ( the upper ).

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

PRO Member

Wow. First of all, don't put any more game discs in the PS3...

It sounds as if the internal components of the BD Drive warped (overheating?) and is now officially a hazard to your collection. If you are handy and courageous enough, you may want to open it up and see what's going on in there. You can probably replace the drive yourself fairly cheaply. Otherwise, I would look into having either Sony or a Gameshop repair it for you.

Negator

It sounds like the drive arm is out of alignment/calibration. You can easily re-calibrate the BD Drive, just follow a YT vid.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

The Old Guy

That was the same thing mine was doing. Thought it was the laser, so I replaced it... no dice. Possibly it can be fixed, but I gave up and just bought a new PS3.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

There is a screw gear that pulls in the disc. This might be damaged. Pull it open and take a look (take plent of pics! I'm curious!)

MK Plat = Overrated

There is only one screw gear in the PS3 BD Drive at it is used to move the laser, not the disk. The disk is brought in by four rollers. The plastic white gears that move the rollers are on the opposite side of the mechanism throwing that possibility out the window. It may be that there is a component out of alignment causing the disks to scrape on the laser housing. The laser housing has many jagged, strong edges that are more than capable of destroying a disk.

Either open up the BD Drive and fix it yourself or pay somebody to do it for you. Refer to YouTube videos on how to accomplish this task if you do it yourself.