Lost data since got new system

This is a discussion on Lost data since got new system within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pissed off atm. Got bored of Uncharted 2 MP, so decided I'd go back to ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Lost data since got new system

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pissed off atm. Got bored of Uncharted 2 MP, so decided I'd go back to LBP2. This was first time I'd played it since having my new system [320gb slim from a 60gb phatboy] and having done a data transfer to it. Loaded it up, and it can only find my save file from LBP. I had 3 levels left to ace and a few other things to clean up. Now I have to start again. I was told to back up the save before I transferred, so I did. It is even there in my game data. I have got to my pod to try and import it but it can only find the Little Big Planet save file. Fucking thing.

So I got pissed off with the thought of having to start again, so loaded up Uncharted Drakes Fortune to try and blast through crushing in order to finally platinum it, and surprise surprise the data is gone for this too As much as I love Uncharted series, I'm not exactly ecstatic to have to complete the game on hard, AGAIN, just to load up crushin...

Has this data loss happened to anyone else? I thought a data transfer was meant to transfer ALL data? I haven't noticed any other problems other than having to resync my trophies several times...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

never had this problem. you shouldve bought ps+ and uploaded your data to the clouds lol

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Honestly I am not sure what your problem is. It should have all carried over. Try transferring it again.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ps+ isn't an option for me, I can't afford it atm. And like I said, I did back it up beforehand anyway, so it should work...

And nope, can't retransfer it because I sold my phatshit Guess I don't really have a choice but to re-start it all do I?

Suuuuucks.
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    [

Legalize it...

Man that sucks. I just did an transfer from a 80GB to a new 320GB and am scared to put in LBP 2 now lol. I have it all done, but still its the point that it should have worked...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yeah it's annoying as shit. I would assume that it would work as the data is right there on my system. But obvs not Hope yours works man!
    [

Lvl 4 - Silver

how did you transfer it?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Using the data transfer option. With an ethernet cable. Everything else is backed up so I don't understand why this wouldn't..
    [

Lvl 4 - Silver

is the data still on your old one?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Nope. Formatted and sold.
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

That's weird, very weird. I did the data transfer about 2 years ago and everything went over fine except that for almost every game i'd have to re-sync my trophy list (which was only a minor inconvienience). Have you tried looking on, say, sony's website for anything on this? Or perhaps Littlebigplanet 2's website?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yeah I have had to resync trophies about 10x, but nothing major. But I couldn't see anything about it on LBP's website, haven't got round to it on Sony's yet..
    [

Lvl 4 - Silver

im sorry dude.if you hadnt done that,you could used a external harddrive.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2425 View Post
    I did the data transfer about 2 years ago and everything went over fine except that for almost every game i'd have to re-sync my trophy list (which was only a minor inconvienience).
    Mine did that at first too, but not it works fine...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Bit late now I guess, but I know for the future if it happens again... Guess I got no choice but to replay it again really. Just annoying.

Thanks for the replies guys
    [

Lvl 4 - Silver

this happened to me,but i used an external hard drive. i deleted my data by mistake. luckily i got some new games,so i had something to play without having to start all over.so you can either replay your games or just save up and get some games you have always wanted.

best of luck