Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grand Theft Auto V release date "possibly" leaked by animator CV

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto V release date "possibly" leaked by animator CV within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Its hard for any game command much anticipation or speculation without ever having shown a sample of gameplay or even ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Grand Theft Auto V release date "possibly" leaked by animator CV

Its hard for any game command much anticipation or speculation without ever having shown a sample of gameplay or even an official detail, but when its got Grand Theft Auto in the title thing get much easier. Were still presumably months away from the official release ofGrand Theft Auto V, but another developer document has surfaced from within Rockstarhinting that players will be revisiting the streets of Los Santos no later than October 2012.
    Anyone has who has been keeping abreast of GTA V news knows that predictions on release windows have been more than a little varied. The leaked schedule of one UK retailer plans for an autumn 2012 release, while some analysts are predicting that it would be in the best interest of Rockstar Games to push the launch back all the way to May 2013.
    The latest hint comes courtesy of Rockstar North animator Alex ODwyer, whose CV has made its way online. Among the various finished games in ODwyers work history is none other than Grand Theft Auto V, again listed with a release window of October 2012. ODwyers CV has since been deleted, but not before the cat was let out of the bag.

While this is far from a confirmation that GTA V will be released in October 2012, it does reinforce the notion that a Halloween launch has been planned internally for some time. Its entirely possible that the delays which struck the developers at Rockstar have since pushed the release past autumn and into 2013, in which case everyone would have been right at one point or another. That is a sizable delay, but with Rockstar pulling in support from 2K Czech the finished product is likely getting the attention it deserves.
    An October release window would place GTA V directly in the lead up to the holiday blitz, causing some to speculate that the delay was orchestrated to remove it from other holiday releases. However, its hard to think that it wouldnt completely crush whatever competition it was placed against. Whether the delay was due to a sales decision or development issues isnt clear and likely never will be but the most interesting question going forward will be just how closely Max Payne 3 and GTA V launch to one another.
    Fans are still free to hold out hope that an October release is possible, but if thats the case then Rockstar had better start releasing information on the game. If nothing else, startconfirming or denying all these pesky rumors that wont stop circulating.
    Grand Theft Auto V could be released as early as October 2012, or as late as May 2013 for the Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Wii U.

Source: Grand Theft Auto 5′ Release in October, According To Employee CV | Game Rant
    I don't really think it's true since the nascar 2011 release date mentioned is wrong according to THIS Besides, why does GTA V the only game with a specific release date? (Besides nascar)

Nope, nothing

Could be true, although it seems a little soon for me, I reckon we will find out the release date at E3.

Oh and you should have posted this in the GTAV section Grand Theft Auto V

Lvl 3 - Bronze

cant wait for it

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

doesnt seem likely. ill wait till e3 for some gta info. if the game is a no-show then im betting its not coming out this year

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 4 - Silver

It seems real since a lot of games are coming out later this year.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Seems way too soon. I'm banking on a Spring 2013 release, but we'll see what they say at E3.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Check Those Corners

Too soon. E3 will EXPLAIN.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'd rather wait till next year and see a well-developed game with no hidden-on-disc content than a buggy version this year that would need a lot of patching later like BF3 an Skyrim.

I just want to see gameplay. I doubt the game will look amazingly well on consoles (RDR does but GTA is different) so I need to evaluate whether I'll be needing a new computer to play it.

In any case, if it is indeed released this year then I'm gonna be broke by December. So many good games in 2011 and 2012....

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Gotham's Reckoning

I for one wish it would be released this month (unlikely I know) but Rockstar these last few years at least have had only one game release a year and seeing as Max Payne 3 is just around the corner, I wouldn't expect to see it until at least Spring 2013 at the earliest.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

May 2013, mark my words

Up the Irons!

I don't see it being released this year. Although I really wish it is released this year.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Local Drunk

I don't think we see GTA V this year, probably next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    May 2013, mark my words
    Consider them marked.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 4 - Silver

Probably next year in April or May

Kiwi Defender

Sounds like a possibility, but I doubt it'll happen. I expect it to be released in the first half of 2013.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Deathly Rhythm

I don't think the Oct date is true, why? because it would hurt Take Two in sales for Bioshock Infinite, two big epic games coming out the same month, I don't think 2K would do that, but I think the May 2013 is true though
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

The One and Only

I've noticed the same year a GTA game gets released, a Midnight Club game is released the same year. So if there's a GTA V this year (or next year), then there could be a Midnight Club game coming out soon!

Only one can dream though.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

The Deathly Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I've noticed the same year a GTA game gets released, a Midnight Club game is released the same year. So if there's a GTA V this year (or next year), then there could be a Midnight Club game coming out soon!

Only one can dream though.
    u mean only two can dream lol haha
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

The Bushiest Pig

Didn't Rockstar mention Gang Rivalries will carry over from Max Payne 3 to GTA 5 and vise versa? I wonder if that's a hint to it being released this year, which makes the October 2012 date seem reasonable, or if it will be an incentive for played to keep playing Max Payne 3 when it's like a year old?
    Last edited by Bushpig94; 04-08-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Didn't Rockstar mention Gang Rivalries will carry over from Max Payne 3 to GTA 5 and vise versa? I wonder if that's a hint to it being released this year, which makes the October 2013 date seem reasonable, or if it will be an incentive for played to keep playing Max Payne 3 when it's like a year old?
    The article says October 2012, not 2013 .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    The article says October 2012, not 2013 .
    Fixed it Naggles
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast