EA Uses Homophobes for Boycott Scapegoat, Puts Up Pro-LBGT Petition then Proceeds to bot it

This is a discussion on EA Uses Homophobes for Boycott Scapegoat, Puts Up Pro-LBGT Petition then Proceeds to bot it within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; TL;DR http://i.imgur.com/sURQd.jpg Long version: So here's the thing, EA Got this wonderful shiny award shaped like a pile of poop, ...

INTJ

EA Uses Homophobes for Boycott Scapegoat, Puts Up Pro-LBGT Petition then Proceeds to bot it

TL;DR

http://i.imgur.com/sURQd.jpg

Long version:

So here's the thing, EA Got this wonderful shiny award shaped like a pile of poop, it is known as the award you get for getting the "WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA".

EA Can't handle being nice about this at all. So the next logical step is to blame this on someone instead of changing their actions.

They recently got a bit of heat from a few shitty christian groups due to the TORtanic having gay relationships, EA Said "Hey lets make that our scapegoat" then proceeded to claim that The only reason people hate EA right now is because they hate gay rights.

The next obvious step is that they put a petition up that claims they are a Champion of Pro-LGBT Rights, which you can find right here:

All Out

Electronic Arts (EA) -- one of the largest video game makers in the world - is the target of a hateful boycott campaign. Why? Because they approved a gay romance story in one of their partner BioWare's most popular games: Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Anti-gay letters are flooding Electronic Arts headquarters, calling for a boycott. Without our help the company, its staff and more than 100 million registered players could be pushed to the dark side if the forces of hate get the last word.

Master Yoda wants to make sure Electronic Arts knows anti-gay haters don't win the game. Add your name to Yoda's letter urging the company to stay away from the dark side. Yoda himself will deliver the message directly to the headquarters of Electronics Arts in Redwood City, California.

And to top it all off, EA Is using Internet Bots To Fake Sign most of the petition. They currently disabled it right now but there's tons of pictures showing their terrible acts (like the one in the TL;DR).

examples:
    http://i.imgur.com/jIfao.png
    http://i.imgur.com/2KSAe.png
    http://i.imgur.com/WKcB2.jpg

This is fucking disgusting. Instead of listening to complaints they claim anyone who doesn't like them as homophobes and then tries to be Pro-LGBT To hide the fact they are a giant piece of shit company who can't do anything right.

And about the LGBT Shit In games, There are Great ways to handle LGBT Stuff (Fallout New Vegas), And then there are terrible ways to handle it (Bioware).

The best part about this whole entire LGBT fisaco was that Bioware and EA were against it in 2009: BioWare Flap Raises Questions of Homosexuality in The Old Republic: News from 1UP.com

This is terrible what EA has done.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I like them, not satisfied with just this year´s award, they already aiming for the next year.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    I like them, not satisfied with just this year´s award, they already aiming for the next year.
    you can't win the award again after you win.

otherwise a ton of other companies would be on that list again every year.

illegal in 9 countries

I'm a little perplexed by Bioware's obsession with gay relationships in their games of late. I killed off Kaiden in ME1 just so I didn't get that awkward walk-up, gooey-eye cut scene. That made me uncomfortable as it is, so I'm definitely not going to be bumping uglies with him in ME3.

<sarcasm>
    As a left-handed gamer I'm offended that I'm forced to fight right-handed in games. If there's a male / femshep and straight / gay orientation to satisfy minority gaming groups, why am I continually alienated in video games because of my handedness?

Where's the petition for left-handed avatars? We're certainly a far larger gaming group than homosexuals.
    </sarcasm>

Honestly...I'm struggling to think if Shep is left or right-handed and I don't give a crap either way.But this Bioware / EA gay shit has gotten out of hand. Pandering to a minority while offending the majority doesn't make a lot of business sense to me. I understand it's optional, but don't force it down my throat...so to speak.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Its plugged into the wall

That is both hilarious and pathetic at the same time. I do not like homophobes. I think they are misunderstanding unintelligent people, that is too afraid of something different than them. But blaming them for something they didn't do is outright silly. There is not enough homophobes to make EA win that competition alone. They need to realize that they must do something wrong!

And the bots are just... stupid and childish.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Well.. They aren't completely wrong (EA).. Now I will never buy another EA game. If they support Homosexuals rights, then I do not support them.

P.S. - "Homophobia" is such a dumb name. A phobia is a strange or irrational fear of something. 90% of "Homophobes" don't have panic attacks when a homosexual is around them. The just don't like them. "Homophobia" is a ridiculous misuse of the word phobia and I despise seeing it.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizationXiLL View Post
    Well.. They aren't completely wrong (EA).. Now I will never buy another EA game. If they support Homosexuals rights, then I do not support them.
    oh boy here we go

Toggle Spoiler

EDIT:

OMG STOP SELLIN U HOMOPHOBES

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AEA

http://i.imgur.com/Ntkuw.gif
    Last edited by Ps360; 04-10-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Crocodile Hunter

Being gay does not make you any lesser a man or woman as being black or blue or orange. people need to grow up

To the 'homophobes' unless they are shoving their dicks down ur throat then STFU about them, they leave you alone you leave them alone.

Oh and BTW i am straight, however my best friend is a lesbian and i am the only one apart from her family who supported her coming out. I know what its like to come out and how hard it is as i was there with her when people bitch.

I snap at any1 who says shit, She is still my best friend and id do anything for her, she is still the same person as she was years ago or even seconds ago before she told people. Grow up wankers

Sig by Apokolypz

INTJ

ill post one more image then ill be gone for a bit

Retired

I don't support gaydom (not a word) but neither do I hate it. I just ignore it.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Toggle Spoiler

Why can't I like KH and be against homosexual rights? and why is that in spoiler tags?

You can decide you don't like the opposite sex all you want.. but don't expect people to change LAWS because of your poor decision. If we change the laws and allow homosexuals to marry and crap lets just start marrying walls and animals too. It's wrong and there is a reason why for the first 200+ years the US has been existing that we didn't allow this...

Roo Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Being gay does not make you any lesser a man or woman as being black or blue or orange. people need to grow up

To the 'homophobes' unless they are shoving their dicks down ur throat then STFU about them, they leave you alone you leave them alone.

Oh and BTW i am straight, however my best friend is a lesbian and i am the only one apart from her family who supported her coming out. I know what its like to come out and how hard it is as i was there with her when people bitch.

I snap at any1 who says shit, She is still my best friend and id do anything for her, she is still the same person as she was years ago or even seconds ago before she told people. Grow up wankers
    Well said Ace.

I have to admit though I was homophobic until one of my best mates came out (also have a gay brother) and now I couldn't care less if you're gay or straight as long as you're a good person.

INTJ

Why can't I like KH and be against homosexual rights? and why is that in spoiler tags?

i was making a joke that most of the kingdom hearts fanbase loves gay stuff involving the KH characters.

im a fan of KH so i am techinally making fun of myself at the same time

You can decide you don't like the opposite sex all you want.. but don't expect people to change LAWS because of your poor decision. If we change the laws and allow homosexuals to marry and crap lets just start marrying walls and animals too. It's wrong and there is a reason why for the first 200+ years the US has been existing that we didn't allow this...

if your comparing two human beings marrying to one person marrying a wall there's something wrong with your logic here.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    if your comparing two human beings marrying to one person marrying a wall there's something wrong with your logic here.
    I was not comparing actual humans to objects, but I was comparing the ridiculousness of the two marrying to the ridiculousness of homosexuals marrying.

Crocodile Hunter

If i fuck your rude arrogant ass will it be ok cause i am straight? How bout you just shutup while your behind

Sig by Apokolypz

Trophy Guide Kitten

Whoa now. Seems this thread is already on fire. Time to close down before punishments start to be handed out
    K? Thanks