Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

EA Suicide Watch Thread - The company isn't sinking! It's a feature.

This is a discussion on EA Suicide Watch Thread - The company isn't sinking! It's a feature. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Lasombra Show of hands, who wants EA to just close down completely and disappear? Anyone? Not me, ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Show of hands, who wants EA to just close down completely and disappear? Anyone?
    Not me, I love to play FIFA, even if their servers stink.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Platinum Procrastinator

Show of hands, who wants EA to just close down completely and disappear? Anyone?
    Not me either. If they close down then someone else has to step up and become the worst and I wouldn't want to wish that upon anybody.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Not me either. If they close down then someone else has to step up and become the worst and I wouldn't want to wish that upon anybody.
    For them to step down and let someone become the worst, they first need to become the worst.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

EA can burn in hell. Knowing them though they will try and find a way to charge the devil for the flames.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    For them to step down and let someone become the worst, they first need to become the worst.
    If you don't consider EA to be the worst, then who do you think holds that title? Also, we're still talking about game companies right, because we both know EA didn't deserve to win that competition.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    If you don't consider EA to be the worst, then who do you think holds that title? Also, we're still talking about game companies right, because we both know EA didn't deserve to win that competition.
    I'd say Activision is worse. Look at what they did with the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk series, how they've rehashed Cock of Doody, how they don't take any risks at all and how they over-price DLC and have ideas of selling games for $80. And worst of all, some devs dare say they like their ideas! And yes, game companies, not companies in general .

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I USED to buy EA games. I was into the Hockey and Nascar games but since NHL 07 they screwed around with the controls and now I refuse to buy it anymore because it's not that good anymore. As for Nascar they lost the licence and I doubt the new games are as good as the ones I used to play. In 04 I bought almost all EA games that year because they were so stellar

INTJ

Not me, I love to play FIFA, even if their servers stink.
    too bad ea is fucking retarded and left a massive security gap in xbox live for Months due to fifa

Microsoft, EA Claim FIFA Isn't Causing Rash of Xbox Live Hacks - Giant Bomb

"You're gunna burn alright"

INTJ

ea in charge of creativity

http://i.imgur.com/qKeq9.jpg

Lvl 6 - Silver

EA has been around so long I can't say get rid of them... Though they have published games I wouldn't have, They are doing some things right, but maybe someone needs to handle the company better and then treat the customers better... One thing I am against is their online passes

I can list about 15 GREAT games from EA, but then again I'm not an elitist or anything...

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'd say Activision is worse. Look at what they did with the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk series, how they've rehashed Cock of Doody, how they don't take any risks at all and how they over-price DLC and have ideas of selling games for $80. And worst of all, some devs dare say they like their ideas! And yes, game companies, not companies in general .
    Sorry but usually I'd agree with you how ever EA have recently taken the crown for the worst from Activision.

The whole "We're going to take the Call of Duty crown" behaviour followed up by releasing a sub par game that doesn't live up to it's predecessors.
    Their shitty customer services.
    The fact they buy out small/smaller companies and then butcher them.
    The fact they put a use by date on the fucking online pass cards.

Eurgh, EA truly deserve to be branded worst company, Activision pale in comparison to them.

INTJ

PRO Member

This, exactly this.

During the massive hype around guitar based music games, it was EA vs Acti, Rockband vs Guitar Hero. Activision publish rehashed crap more than once a year, EA published a superior game with a much bigger library of songs that you can actually carry on from game to game.

Skating games. Activision milks it's published franchise 'Tony Hawks pro skater' to death, literally. EA publishes the skate franchise, the best skating games out there. When it appears they're starting to milk it (E.G, Skate 3 isn't a massive leap from 2) they've took a step back, and haven't released a new game for roughly two years.

CoD vs BF. CoD is over hyped and is being milked like the cash cow it is (I still play it, real life friends do so it's still a laugh, I cant actually take it seriously though) Battlefield is, well, I could be here all day. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    ea in charge of creativity

http://i.imgur.com/qKeq9.jpg
    The only way to look creative there, when designing a generic tank, would to give it fucking wings and a dolphin tail.

Of course they're gonna look similar.

Would you like to see it with wings, and a dolphin tail?

Lvl 6 - Silver

everytime i read this i lol. so much so i just had to comment about it. ive never hated EA too much really. way back when i had issues with bad company 2, where i would be disconnected from a match every 5 to 10 minutes, which made it VERY difficult to play the game i loved (and to boost! dont know how i managed plat). so after a few months of talking to support, they offered to let me choose any EA game that was out on the market (At the time), whether it be on console or PC. i thought it was pretty decent of them to do so. on another note, i love to play the fifa games, always a blast. if they were to work on their flaws, i have no doubt they could easily become one of the best companies out there.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    The only way to look creative there, when designing a generic tank, would to give it fucking wings and a dolphin tail.

here's a few pics of some creative tanks

http://i.imgur.com/fCeIt.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/download/1...by_BenCole.jpg

http://www.mr-mojo-risin.net/wp-cont...08/10/tank.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...on-d302g2u.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery...k,%20Vinci.jpg

take your shot:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=stea...w=1480&bih=755

https://www.google.com/search?q=stea...w=1480&bih=755

also i am a idiot and confused a battlewagon with a bonecruncher, probably because i don't give a shit about orkz

http://i.imgur.com/oTju1.jpg

Legend...Nuff Said

Lots of people love their sports games and lots of people love Call of Duty.
    I honestly don't get why people hate EA so much. They are making a product that people want to buy and people like. Does everyone like it? No, it just happens to be half of the gaming population, but the other half love it. They are a business, and they want to make money.

Is everyone here a communist or something? Is making money bad?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post

There's a differnece between looking similar and ripping something off, take a look;

IDENTICAL

AND AGAIN....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Personally, I had a lot more hate for EA in the previous generation. It looks like I’m in the minority here, but I feel they have improved greatly these last few years.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

You are young and naive if you believe EA in it's current state is anywhere close to the lazy,greedy purveyor of horrid movie licenses from the late 90's ( early 90's, they were making solid, enjoyable titles ).

They cleaned up their image in the late 2000's with an improved approach to their publishing, they may not make the games but they helped fund a slew of games i know i enjoyed and loved.

Burnout 3 and Paradise, FIFA 03,09, Dead Space 2, MOH Allied Assault, Timesplitters Future Perfect,The Sims 2, Battlefield 1942,2,2142,Bad Company 2, Crysis 1 and 2, Madden,NHL, Bulletstorm are just some of my examples.

I understand the anger is more directed toward the buisness practice side of things but if the games are of a good quality (which is true) then i'm buying them new anyway and not in need of Online Pass problems.

If you want an example of how far EA have come with quality control, play Tomorrow Never Dies on PSOne, it's probably one of the biggest lumps of dribbly poo i have ever had the honour of playing, play it now and pray your face doesn't melt from the rancid gas of awful it gives off.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    You are young and naive if you believe EA in it's current state is anywhere close to the lazy,greedy purveyor of horrid movie licenses from the late 90's ( early 90's, they were making solid, enjoyable titles ).
    yea guys

it's even worse than that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast