Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

'Supposedly' Easy Platinums

This is a discussion on 'Supposedly' Easy Platinums within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by J_Davies-Bunting Sly 3 challenges really annoyed me. You know you're crazy when you start verbally abusing a ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by J_Davies-Bunting View Post
    Sly 3 challenges really annoyed me. You know you're crazy when you start verbally abusing a Pink Hippo and Disabled Turtle :/
    That just made me lmao. Hilarious.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    This.

Although I have yet to play it on my new ID...on my old ID, I couldn't get past level 2 on hard when you're being chased by the van or whatever and you have to shoot out of the back of the truck. I just got pissed off and never continued from there.

I'll eventually try again someday....maybe...maybe not...
    I had the same problem on Terminator Salvation. I must have died about 50 times before I finally passed it. There is another section later in the game where you have to drive another vehicle and again I spent a lot of time retrying it before I finally passed it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 7 - Gold

i think for me it was God of War not because it was too difficult the game but some of the challenges i had to repeat them quite alot

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I had the same problem on Terminator Salvation. I must have died about 50 times before I finally passed it. There is another section later in the game where you have to drive another vehicle and again I spent a lot of time retrying it before I finally passed it.
    I can't aim for shit in a console shooter using a dual-stick gamepad and struggled at the same spots in TS.

I did it easily with a mouse / keyboard adaptor.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Mine would be the first PoP. For whatever reason. I just cannot nail that 14 hit combo to save my life. I always end up missing that 11th or 12th hit. I've been trying to get that trophy for close to 3 years now, off and on. I'll load up the game give it a few tries. Get pissed. Then put it back on the shelf for another 4-5 months.
    LOL, you're going to hate me. I did the 14-hit by accident. Also, when I did it, I ended up killing the corrupted monster with a wall-kill. Trophy isn't supposed to pop if you end it with a wall kill. Oh well. That game was fun as hell. I loved it. Also, best graphics from a PoP imo.

So far, I have gotten lucky. The three games that were really hard, I had expected them to be so; Riddick, SSF4, Sports Champs.
    Luckily, I haven't had any issues with getting the plat in any other game. All of the GoW games were cake for me. The only thing that made Brutal Legends...well...brutal, was the fact that I got the corrupt save file glitch twice. It happened at a point were I basically had to go and find all of the collectibles three times. It was quite annoying.

NSFW

I thought The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn would be an easy peasy plat. but goddamn those challenges are hard to get a platinum award in.

I also thought de Blob 2 would be really easy but the collectables are killing me. It doesn't help that the levels can be hours long, and if you don't get the "S" rating, you have to start over again.

I agree with dr_Mayus that Carnival Island is annoying as hell. You have to do pretty much every challenge pixel perfect.

I can't do the two LEGO games I have, I do not know why.

Toy Story 3's collectables kinda scares me off.

Nat Geo Quiz! Wild life is an okay easy plat. but the trophies are so long and boring...

I think I've degraded myself enough now.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Hater of Humans.....

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    same. i got to level 3 on my old account and i gave up
    im shocked that some people had trouble with terminator salvation, i got the plat in 5 hours without any problems an with A LOT of smoke breaks _

I make my own mayo!

Wait til you get to the Giant Squid part.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstevieg85 View Post
    • Eat Lead – The Return of Matt Hazard (40 of 51) I rented this game in 2009, and recently bought it for 3.99 to finish the trophies. I simply CANNOT get past the sniper section at the beginning of level 3 on maximum hazard difficulty.

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

I make my own mayo!

I have yet to plat Man Vs Wild. It makes me cry. A lot.

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    For me that game is Tomb Raider Annivesrary with some of those time trials as not only a few of them being 30 mins long but must be done fast and not messing up much but that can be a challenge due to the controls . Most people found this easy but not me, even Twisted Metal felt easier than this lol.
    Same for me, i'm only missing 3 trophies for the plat but i can't bear to try those time trials again. Spending half an hour on a trial, failing and having to start over each time just drained me. Hopefully i'll get back on it one day.

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

PRO Member

Hmm, I have inFamous (haven't played yet) and would like to get deBlob 2... good to know what I'm getting myself into.

I thought Sly 3 was easier than Sly 2, even with the challenges. Just beating Clock-la on Sly 2 was pretty difficult for me, had to try it a dozen times or so.

I mostly knew what I was in for when doing each plat, but Tiger Woods 12 was a little more tedious than I expected (holes in one and consecutive weeks #1).
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

The One and Only

There's a few games in mind:

• Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves: The challenges got on my nerves, and that's the only reason why it's harder than Sly 2 for me. I'm surprised I got to do all of them within a 12 hour period (with a 2 hour break from drum practice).
    • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy: I'm not even done with the game yet, but it's not as easy as I keep hearing it was. I see myself die pretty often, and the collectibles are giving me troubles now. (I beat the game already, currently at 71%) It might be fast, but it doesn't mean it's easy. Time to look at our guide for help.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

There are a lot of easy platinums I can't do such as the PoP games or Eat Lead and such. Most of the reason behind this is I can't make myself sit through these games, they just dont interest me much, at least most of the shitty games I HAVE played like Hannah Montana, Megamind, or Where the Wild Things Are offered a fast playthrough making it easier to ebar through or offered something somewhat decently fun like collecting 500 collectibles in Where the Wild Things Are.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Sly Cooper- I had a lot of trouble beating Mz. Ruby. Eventually a couple of my friends and I kept taking turns whenever one of us died and still took forever to beat her.

Assassin's Creed 2- I don't know why, but I just had a lot of trouble with the trophies where you have to stun five guards at once with dirt and knock over 5 guards at once with a long weapon. I either couldn't get 5 guards together or I only kept getting 4 out of 5 for both trophies.

Infamous- Had no problem with the blast shards, it was the stunts I found to be pretty hard. There was one stunt especially that just aggravated me to no end, I think there is actually a video of it in the trophy guide on this site. What pissed me off even more was that I somehow got that stunt really easily on my hard playthrough.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I can't aim for shit in a console shooter using a dual-stick gamepad and struggled at the same spots in TS.

I did it easily with a mouse / keyboard adaptor.
    Which one did you use and how would you rate it?

I've seen a few online, but I'm not sure which are the best as I've never used one before.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Those parts of Terminator Salvation really bothered me to. Took 10 to 20 tries. I have played it through a second time with a friend so he could get the plat. It was easier with 2 people.

I hate the Sly 3 challenges. I cannot pass 4 or 5 of them. The stupid chicken in the bamboo, the stupid dog on the plane wing, the stupid end boss with less time and the stupid stupid shooting China thing!

I also had a lot of trouble with the flying badge in Half Blood Prince. It was brutal.

I also found Prison Break to be pretty hard in terms of passing it without being spotted at all. The annoying thing was that if you got spotted you had to quit using xmb and then restart the game and the level you were on.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Like a couple of other who have already posted, I thought God of War wouldn't be too much trouble but those challenges mad want to rage like I haven't in a long time.
    Ill be starting God of War II soon and im so freakin happy you can save your challenge progress this time around.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im glad that I'm not the only one having problems on a lot of these games. Heavy rain I only have to do that stupid car trial perfectly and using 3 different guides I still can't get it done. Matt Hazard I feel for you because I am on the same spot with the sniper and still can't get passed it. God of war useally on Titan there is something that always kills me over and over. I feel like an r-tard not being able to plat or even beat these games.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    Which one did you use and how would you rate it?

I've seen a few online, but I'm not sure which are the best as I've never used one before.
    I've bought them all. The ONLY one to get is the Xim3. It is easily the best investment I have ever made for my 360 and PS3. It works with both systems but needs a $5 360 > PS3 USB adaptor for PS3.

You also need a wired 360 controller plugged into it at the same time, which is bloody great as you can swap between the two at any time for vehicles, wheel menus, quick-time events etc.

If you're a mouser, it is absolutely sensational. With a Dualshock in my hands, I'm a sloth with Parkinson's. With the Xim connected, I'm a pixel-precision sniping machine. I prefer to use my Xim on console to native m/kb on PC - it just feels better, the thing is a control tweaker's Nirvana.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    With a Dualshock in my hands, I'm a sloth with Parkinson's.
    Quote of the year.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast