Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

'Supposedly' Easy Platinums

This is a discussion on 'Supposedly' Easy Platinums within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi All, Have you encountered any games that are supposedly easy to Platinum, yet experience great difficulty in doing so? ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

'Supposedly' Easy Platinums

Hi All,

Have you encountered any games that are supposedly easy to Platinum, yet experience great difficulty in doing so? I’ve come across a few in recent months that are proving to be absolutely infuriating:
    • Eat Lead – The Return of Matt Hazard (40 of 51) I rented this game in 2009, and recently bought it for 3.99 to finish the trophies. I simply CANNOT get past the sniper section at the beginning of level 3 on maximum hazard difficulty.
    • Call of Juarez: The Cartel (49 of 51) Despite 4 plays (including one with the invincibility glitch and avoiding combat), I have still not obtained the ‘Clean Shot’ trophy.
    • My Sims: Skyheroes (8 of 49) The AI on this game blatantly cheats, worse than I have ever seen, and makes every mission an absolute chore. At present, I’m stuck with a level 1 plane. Hoping if I can force myself to keep playing, the stronger aircraft will make this more tolerable.
    Apologies if a similar thread exists. I thought this could be used to vent frustrations on games that are played for an easy Plat, and instead becomes hard, tedious work.
    Last edited by bigstevieg85; 04-11-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: sp mistake

Lvl 4 - Silver

I actually found terminator Salvation really hard, It took me over 24 hours of game time to complete the game and get the . However that maybe because my skills at shooters can only be compared to inanimate objects such as a table or a light switch.

I'm back...kinda

For me that game is Tomb Raider Annivesrary with some of those time trials as not only a few of them being 30 mins long but must be done fast and not messing up much but that can be a challenge due to the controls . Most people found this easy but not me, even Twisted Metal felt easier than this lol.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Heavy Rain. it isn't really hard, but annoyed the crap out of me.

illegal in 9 countries

With a name like Lego Rock Band, you'd expect it to be a pushover, particularly compared to the other Rock Band titles.

But no... Final Countdown - Score 100% on the Guitar Solo in "The Final Countdown" on Expert is a nightmare!

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Resident PHD

Carnival Island for me. I got it free and decided to write the trophy guide for it (thinking 10 hour plat at best). Some of those challenges are brutal. It says on the cover something like "Kid Approved" but you need pinpoint accuracy and very quick reflexes to get all the golds. I'm serious if you see anyone with that give them rep because it is a tough son of a bitch.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Roo Commander

Infamous 2, it's a bit harder than people claim.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days was supposedly easy but that game kicked my ass from beginning to end on the hardest difficulty.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Retired TGT Member

I have the MySims plat and I wrote the guide for that game. It's true, the AI is maddeningly unfair at times, but if you just keep trying you'll win the races/events you're stuck on. Surely you can improve from only 8 trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Legends of WrestleMania
    Smackdown Vs Raw

Didn't really spend enough time on them but my god the combat mechanics are too confusing and seemed extremely slow. I remeber wrestling games been easy to pick up and play on the PS2 without this much of a learning curve.

Lvl 9 - Gold

inFAMOUS. One would expect it to be an easy Plat given that most people have it, but some of the stunts are purely luck-based or require certain Karmic powers and the Blast Shards can be really annoying. Not really a difficult Plat, but not as easy as one would think.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

For me the first game that comes to mind is Hary Potter and the Half Blood prince. Getting the Flying badge was hard for me.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    I actually found terminator Salvation really hard, It took me over 24 hours of game time to complete the game and get the . However that maybe because my skills at shooters can only be compared to inanimate objects such as a table or a light switch.
    This.

Although I have yet to play it on my new ID...on my old ID, I couldn't get past level 2 on hard when you're being chased by the van or whatever and you have to shoot out of the back of the truck. I just got pissed off and never continued from there.

I'll eventually try again someday....maybe...maybe not...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    I have the MySims plat and I wrote the guide for that game. It's true, the AI is maddeningly unfair at times, but if you just keep trying you'll win the races/events you're stuck on. Surely you can improve from only 8 trophies
    Lol I'm actually trying it now. Im following your guide btw, ill be sure to rep you when I'm done. I dont suppose you can remember when level 2 parts are unlocked? Ive currently done 25% of the story.

EDIT - It unlocked after 'Rock the Ragnarok'.
    Last edited by bigstevieg85; 04-11-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: answered my own question

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

same. i got to level 3 on my old account and i gave up

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Rainbow in the dark

I actually found terminator Salvation really hard, It took me over 24 hours of game time to complete the game and get the
    . However that maybe because my skills at shooters can only be compared to inanimate objects such as a table or a light switch.
    lol @ this one

Infamous 2 should've been a breeze but its alot tougher than its predecessor
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Sly 3 challenges really annoyed me. You know you're crazy when you start verbally abusing a Pink Hippo and Disabled Turtle :/

Lvl 4 - Silver

I seem to remember wanting to rip my hair out in God of War. That 10th Challenge of the Gods challenge with the rising platform almost gave me an aneurysm.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    inFAMOUS. One would expect it to be an easy Plat given that most people have it, but some of the stunts are purely luck-based or require certain Karmic powers and the Blast Shards can be really annoying. Not really a difficult Plat, but not as easy as one would think.
    I remember getting something like 347 out of 350 blast shards, and having to restart the game, using a map and ticking them off.
    The stunt list wasnt easy either, particularly if you had already completed the story.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Mine would be the first PoP. For whatever reason. I just cannot nail that 14 hit combo to save my life. I always end up missing that 11th or 12th hit. I've been trying to get that trophy for close to 3 years now, off and on. I'll load up the game give it a few tries. Get pissed. Then put it back on the shelf for another 4-5 months.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast