Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Legend of Dragoon coming to the Store 5/1

This is a discussion on The Legend of Dragoon coming to the Store 5/1 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The Legend of Dragoon Coming to PSN: RPG Classic Reborn May 1st The Legend of Dragoon was one of the ...

Jamming Chemist on KotN2

The Legend of Dragoon coming to the Store 5/1

The Legend of Dragoon Coming to PSN: RPG Classic Reborn May 1st

The Legend of Dragoon was one of the last projects I worked on as a producer in Japan Studio and by far the biggest team I managed hands-on. We started the project in 1996 with only a handful of people, hired one by one as we were building up teams for Ape Escape, The Legend of Dragoon, and Ico simultaneously. During the peak of the game’s development, we had well over 100 people working internally in the studio on The Legend of Dragoon — for a PSone game! We had roughly 10 artists dedicated just to drawing concept art for this gigantic RPG. As the game contained lots of pre-rendered maps and full-motion videos, we were forced to spread the content over four CDs, which was the maximum number of discs that the fattest PSone game case could hold.

It took nearly three years to build the team and develop the game, which was released in December 1999 in Japan and June 2000 in the US. As I moved from Japan to the US in March 2000, I was able to personally handle the game’s release in both Japan and the US. Following the game’s launch in Japan, we learned from players that certain parts of the game were too difficult. The team re-balanced the gameplay for the release outside of Japan, so the US version was the complete version of the game that we were all proud of.

I still occasionally hear from fans of The Legend of Dragoon, and many want to know if there is a sequel. LOD2 was put into preproduction after I left the Japan Studio, but was eventually cancelled for some unknown reason, and the team members moved on to different projects. Some people still work in the Japan Studio, so we talk about the memories of developing LOD when we see each other at company functions.

It’s great to see the game being prepared for release as a PSone Classic on PSN, which means that fans can revisit the world whenever they want. Maybe it’ll make a new fans, too. Long live LOD!
    Source: The Legend of Dragoon Coming to PSN: RPG Classic Reborn May 1st – PlayStation Blog

This. Seriously...the powers that be have made this JRPG addict giddy. Sorry if this has been posted already (as I usually avoid posting news stuff like this), but I'm a little too overexcited at the present moment to bother using the search function.

Thoughts?

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
    Self-Indulgence|How to Ban|ExDesigns

Rainbow in the dark

Thats awesome but i rather have a sequel for the ps3... underrated game which i thought was better than any final fantasy game out there

I remember the battle music sounding like for whom the bell tolls by metallica
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 7 - Gold

Shieeeeet, seriously? I've played this game three times and was never able to finish it so maybe now this will be my chance. I remember the combat system being awesome.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 6 - Silver

ive played this enough that i probably wont get the PSN version unless somehow there are trophies....i mean i still own the original copy so why bother lol. read the title and thought they were making a sequel for ps3, got me so excited, what a bummer.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I remember playing this game back in the old days. Pretty fancy graphics for its time, and the battle system was really fun. I wonder if they will give this one a HD touch, like you know, what they did with Shadow of the Colossus/ICO?
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Negator

NO FUCKING WAY!

It's about damn time. I knew it was in the JP store, but I wasn't gonna buy it there...glad they are bringing it to NA.

Plats-O'-War!!

Long live the legend of dragoon!!!

Stop looking at me swan!

I've still got my copy so I'll probably pass on it unless it's got trophies. At least now people who never played it can finally get their hands on this awesome game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Spent alot of hours on this Great Game. Not to sure weather it would be worth having from the PSN as PS1 games just don't look that good! However a sequel on PS3 would be a better option, lets hope thats the way they go and soon!

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzit70 View Post
    Spent alot of hours on this Great Game. Not to sure weather it would be worth having from the PSN as PS1 games just don't look that good! However a sequel on PS3 would be a better option, lets hope thats the way they go and soon!
    At least slap on some HD and re-release it!!! If they can do that to FFX, then why not this?

Fight Off Your Demons

This is fantastic. I had the demo for this game back in the day, but never got a chance to play the full game. I've always heard good things though, can't wait to try it out.

DON'T BLINK

Sweet. Now they just need to make with the US version of Brave Fencer Musashi.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Kiwi Defender

Awesome! I guess I'll finally be able to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    At least slap on some HD and re-release it!!! If they can do that to FFX, then why not this?
    It's way easier to upscale a PS2 game so the graphics look like HD graphics than a PS1 game. Just look at how bad in-game graphics were for games like FFVIII or Metal Gear Solid.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

No Game No Life

I didn't get to finish this game along with Legend of Mana because I had tons of games to play with back then and I don't know which one I was going to play till the end. When I decided to play it again, there's already a crack on the disc

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 8 - Gold

Wow...I can't remember the last time I played this great game. I rarely buy games from the Store but I'm getting this.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    I didn't get to finish this game along with Legend of Mana because I had tons of games to play with back then and I don't know which one I was going to play till the end. When I decided to play it again, there's already a crack on the disc
    I had nothing but a memory card and the 4th disc, and I still played it up until my BC PS3 died.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by njdog102 View Post
    Shieeeeet, seriously? I've played this game three times and was never able to finish it so maybe now this will be my chance. I remember the combat system being awesome.

I remember finishing it two or three times. I still have my copy in the house here somewhere although I don't think I'll be buying it again from the store.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 7 - Gold

@Denaratuck
    Hahaha nobody could say it better.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This is the second best news I could have heard. The 1st have been a sequal being made for PS 3/4 I am going to buy this May 1st

"Tear it all down."

I still remember when this came out. I played it non-stop and was very disappointed when the sequel was canned.

I almost cried when I beat the game and the ending cinematic cut out and crashed my PlayStation. I had to beat it again after letting my system cool down and the final boss was a douche.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast