Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Resident Evil 6 to be Three Times as Long as RE5

This is a discussion on Resident Evil 6 to be Three Times as Long as RE5 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Gamers looking to get more bang for their buck will be pleased to hear that Capcom plans to deliver a ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Resident Evil 6 to be Three Times as Long as RE5

Gamers looking to get more bang for their buck will be pleased to hear that Capcom plans to deliver a much lengthier campaign with Resident Evil 6, confirming that it will take approximately 30 hours to complete.
    Those of you who played Resident Evil 5 will recall that the game wasn’t all that long, a complaint that many fans lodged against the title when it launched back in 2009. Speaking to
    NowGamer, director Eiichiro Sasaki made it clear that Capcom has heard your cries and plans to deliver an experience with the sixth installment that nearly triples RE5 in length.

It looks like the three-character structure to Resident Evil 6 will lend itself to a much longer experience, as Sasaki explains:

''The three characters each have their own story and you can choose whichever one you want and play that story, experience that character’s story. In terms of length, each character’s story is a little bit less than RE5 but when you combine them together you’re getting something that is much longer.
    While each character’s story stands alone, all of the characters wind up in the same area of the game, in China, so there is a certain level of overlap. They stand on their own but they do overlap in certain areas. You don’t have to play them all, of course.''
    I'm afraid I will not survive this hype.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 9 - Gold

Leon 28 hours, Wesker Jr 1,9 hours and steroid user Chris have 0,1 hours only cutscenes and this will be my GOTY contender.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Resident PHD

It will probably be just like Assassin's Creed where they pad out the game's run time by having cutscenes where you control the character (but all you are really doing is just walking behind whomever is talking and can't move away from the scene).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

We'll see how true this is when the game finally releases.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

i just hope this doesnt becomes a RE ORC hyped flop
    c'mon Capcom make this one count
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

this could be good.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 4 - Silver

It should be a fun game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I call bs.
    They said the same thing about Batman Arkham City but 'got confused' as it was x amount of hours including all the side missions etc...
    30 hour campaign + mp?
    Yeah... as dlc.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Mr. X

I like the sound of multiple stories to play through. It reminds me of the old games where you pick a character and then play through their story.

I wonder if they're going to try and target all the fan bases with the different stories. From the small amount I've seen and heard it seems like Leon's scenario will have more of a horror feel. I think it would be a nice idea to do this. Although I'd prefer more focus on horror than action; I'm sure it won't happen.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

PRO Member

I always feel sketchy when Capcom says something, but I hope that this is true. I love a lenghthy Resident Evil game.

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

Well knowing the trophy list, you will have to beat three difficulties for each of the 3 playthroughs meaning 9 playthroughs. WAYYYY too long of a game.

Even if it is a 30 hour campaign with all three combined, that still makes for 90 hours worth of campaign if you can't jump straight to pro.

Capcom needs to realize the difference between long enough to enjoy the game and please the consumer and long enough to bore the shit out of half the gamers.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Well knowing the trophy list, you will have to beat three difficulties for each of the 3 playthroughs meaning 9 playthroughs. WAYYYY too long of a game.

Even if it is a 30 hour campaign with all three combined, that still makes for 90 hours worth of campaign if you can't jump straight to pro.

Capcom needs to realize the difference between long enough to enjoy the game and please the consumer and long enough to bore the shit out of half the gamers.
    I think they said 30 hours we will complete every aspect of the campaign, Let's put it this way, All campaign trophies = 30 Hours.
    In Any way, I know I'll spend more than 30 hours playing this game
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Legend...Nuff Said

So it sounds like RE1 and 2.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I am excited for this game and knowing that the game is being pushed earlier sounds even better. The legnth does sound like a really good thing because it gives you more time to enjoy the story and get familure with the entire game.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'm guessing the characters will be Leon, Chris and possibly Claire or Jill?

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    So it sounds like RE1 and 2.
    I was hoping they'd do something like that again. How RE2 had the A and B games. Leon was doing his B game while Claire was doing the A and so forth. I look forward to this game and the time it may take to finish. RE5 was awesome!
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

PRO Member

hmmmm a longer re game then any of the others this sounds interesting to me and I'll beleave it when I see it I don't trust capcom no more.

PRO Member

Cant wait for october

Mini Ninja

I really want to buy this game on launch day, but seeing how much DLC was released for RE5... I'm tempted to just wait for RE6 Gold Edition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast