Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sniper Elite V2 Demo thoughts?

This is a discussion on Sniper Elite V2 Demo thoughts? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 havent tried the demo yet but i sure will....but i did wanna ask what you guys ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    havent tried the demo yet but i sure will....but i did wanna ask what you guys think about this versus sniper 2 ghost warrior. i mean i might play both but was hoping to get some insight on what you guys think of these upcoming games.
    Haven't played the Sniper Elite yet. But I really liked Sniper: Ghost Warrior. You had to think about the rain, wind, distance etc. Slow motion effects were cool aswel
    The online was pretty fun too.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Demo was interesting. Out of my quick playtime, I didn't like the fast movement of the playable character, felt wierd & watching that killcam thing will wear me down time after time.

No day one nor $45+ purchase. Def. as mentioned before a high grade bargain bin steal.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I played the demo partly last night, I hope the final version is more polished that the demo. I played Sniper Ghost Warrior loads (inc. achieving Plat.) I'm interested to play similar but in WW2 settings, I just hope its s bit smoother.

Not sure if I'd rate it higher than S:GW, haven't played it enough yet. I'll give it another spin tonight.

Plats-O'-War!!

If a mod or an admin could move this into the proper Sniper Elite V2 sub-forum, I'll be grateful!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I didnt know about this demo.. thanks peeps, will check it out now

PRO Member

I enjoyed the demo. I'll likely rent this from Gamefly...

Lvl 6 - Silver

i really liked it too, i'm thinking i'll probably buy it when it comes out.

Trophy Huntin'

I played it, and i sucked at it. But then again, i suck at everything sniper. I think this game will probably be fun for what it's worth. What you see is what you get. At least this game will be taking some skill if you play on the higher levels. No 360 No scopes here...

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    No day one nor $45+ purchase. Def. as mentioned before a high grade bargain bin steal.
    Luckily for me, I pre-ordered it from eBay for $35!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I played the demo several days ago and enjoyed it. I do have several likes and one dislike though.
    Firstly, I liked is the pacing. You're almost forced to take a step back and think about how you want to approach the next engagement. Patiently watching patrols and the behaviors of Nazi soldiers and officers, determining who is the priority target in that particular scenario, and how you plan to retreat/maneuver/protect your rear flank. Secondly, the bullet ballistics are very well done. The addition of a simulated wind direction indicator adds another stress point to lining up your shots, along the gravity affecting the bullet trajectory. Sway, breathing, and heartbeat included make the overall bundle impressive. Thirdly, enemy movement and interaction. Anatomical movements and timing of these movements made them look real and the behaviors between the Nazi's gave much greater life to the environment. Smoking, conversations, lazily standing on post, and, especially, reacting to the initial shot from your rifle. Some looked in the direction from which they heard the shot while others dove into cover and began executing defensive maneuvers. One Private even went so far as to picking up his wounded comrade, slinging him over his back, and moving him to a safer position all the while a Nazi officer was shouting orders to his squadron and gesturing with arm and hand movements.
    As for the dislike, their keen ability of knowing exactly where you shot from, even pulling back inside immediately after the shot, was undesirable. Knowing of the general area is greatly acceptable, which did happen, but not a hail of return fire splintering solely to the window you were previously at.
    Based on the demo, I'm incredibly excited for this release. I'll admit that being priced at $49.99 makes the offer much more tempting to purchase on day one. It will be a welcomed change from all of the faster paced shooters being released lately.

PLATINUM TROPHY HITLIST:
    - ALIEN BREED: IMPACT
    - DIABLO 3
    - DEAD SPACE 2
    - THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
    - THE LAST OF US

Saints Row IV

Amazing! day 1 purchase
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 9 - Gold

The bullet physics are horrible in this on realistic setting, the 100-200 meter drop is the equivalent of like 400meters lol.

Bullets only seem to behave as they should when they actually enter the bodies of the targets.

It was pretty fun but I didn't find it very challenging even on sniper elite mode, I'm hoping each of the 11 missions will be about 7x longer than just the segment you played in the demo otherwise this will be a really quick game to finish.

Don't think I'd buy it for full price though, maybe just rent it or buy it when its on sale in 6 months/year or something.
    79 bucks here is a bit much for this kind of game I think.

Edit: found this in an interview i knew that it was overemphasised....
    Rebellion Talk Authenticity vs. Gameplay in Sniper Elite V2 | Electronic Theatre

SH: You know, when you’ve got Martin Pegler, and you call him in from the alpha to the beta, you’re able to cross reference what you’ve done versus what’s real. He’ll say no and we’ll say but, you know… there’s a lot of that, this to-ing and fro-ing.
    Well that isn’t quite accurate but we have to do these things to keep things fun so and that where we’ve got to.
    The bullet ballistic system is exaggerated to make sure the player is forced to calculate bullet drop rather than what is actually real world which at the sort of distances you encounter in urban warfare of this type you’d hardly get any bullet drop at all, so we had to turn that up.
    That’s a good example of where we cheated the realism I guess
    Last edited by Waystedyou; 05-01-2012 at 01:04 PM.

WHO DAT!!!!

mine is paid for already and im pumped.....arrives at gamestop tomorrow morning for me, i think it will be a nice change of pace

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Played demo it was good. I was a big fan of the ps2 version.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Just the fact that you can shoot the nazis testicles and see them explode is just amazing, I loved the demo
    Gonna buy the game eventually, love the realistic feeling of it and I like the graphics and I love the ww2 theme

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I am here to take back my previous post. I gave this game another chance on my PC (Not that the PS3 was bad or anything cause it doesn't matter what platform. I just so happened to see the demo on steam when I was bored & said eff it). I got used to the movement of the player which I now have no problem with, I love the kill cam now although it can get old sometimes I just wanna knock enemies down fast & see it all in real time. I haven't had this much fun playing a demo in quite some time. I love the game now but will probably still wait for a tiny price drop. Also (based off the demo alone) it seem that no matter how stealth you want to be you still end up in a firefight. I wish there was a "rest" feature as well, for example it seems that you can't rest your rifle upon objects in front of you for a steadier aim.

Here is me playing..

(part 2 is still processing, I'm a cheap ass who hasn't bought Bandicam..yet).

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

They should have some highlight replay system so you can upload it to youtube for example, least save it.

Because the fact that I just shot the gun, thus making it explode, from 260 metres and nobody saw it makes me weepy!

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12