Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sniper Elite V2 Demo thoughts?

This is a discussion on Sniper Elite V2 Demo thoughts? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Has anyone played it? What do you think about it? Me personally, I like it. I like how you have ...

Plats-O'-War!!

Sniper Elite V2 Demo thoughts?

Has anyone played it? What do you think about it? Me personally, I like it. I like how you have to actually think like a sniper in order to take the perfect shot. I'm gonna get it. $49 is a reasonable price for it. Although, I may end up getting it a tad bit cheaper online. How about you?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I played it this morning. Totally agree with you on thinking like a sniper. It was really cool to be a solo sniper without worrying about a squad shooting whoever you spot. I'm just wondering if the other 10 missions are longer that that one. Still might pick it up though.
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenCapGaming

Hesitation Equals Regret

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I liked the demo, too. In fact, I liked it so much I played through it again on the Sniper Elite difficulty. It took a little getting used to, but playing the demo with all the assists turned off was incredibly satisfying.

I can't speak to how realistic the bullet trajectory physics really are, but either way, having to think about that kind of stuff makes the shooting much more satisfying and makes the sense of accomplishment after every encounter even greater. The enemy AI was surprisingly good too.

I know I'll be picking this up at least sometime this year if not sooner.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Lvl 6 - Silver

havent tried the demo yet but i sure will....but i did wanna ask what you guys think about this versus sniper 2 ghost warrior. i mean i might play both but was hoping to get some insight on what you guys think of these upcoming games.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    havent tried the demo yet but i sure will....but i did wanna ask what you guys think about this versus sniper 2 ghost warrior. i mean i might play both but was hoping to get some insight on what you guys think of these upcoming games.
    , I never played Sniper Ghost Warrior, but I heard that it wasn't that good. You should look up some gameplay of it and judge for yourself. I was so tempted to pick it up, but now with Sniper Elite V2 coming out, all of my "sniping" attention went to that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I am planning to play it in the morning. I hope you can go through all the missions without being seen or have to participate in a firefight after killing the selected target.

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by RexHound View Post
    I am planning to play it in the morning. I hope you can go through all the missions without being seen or have to participate in a firefight after killing the selected target.
    You'll find out

Lvl 8 - Gold

I was impressed. I played the PS2 Sniper Elite but this one is so much better. Sneaking around and taking your time to line up a shot is satisfying.

Nope, nothing

Only had a little play on it last night before bed and it seemed a little basic in some areas of the game, like the character movement for instance.

Yeah the whole sniping is pretty cool, but I can also see the killcams getting rather boring after you've seen so many of them.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Only had a little play on it last night before bed and it seemed a little basic in some areas of the game, like the character movement for instance.

Yeah the whole sniping is pretty cool, but I can also see the killcams getting rather boring after you've seen so many of them.

You do have an interesting point. While I enjoyed watching those kill cams, it does look like the "hype" around it will die off fast. The movement is also a good point as well. But, then again, it's only a demo. I'm hoping the finished product will be polished.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I loved it! It's really good. I love the film enemy at the gates and always wanted a game like it, I have found this game at last

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thought is was pretty good

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It was alright might get it might not

Lvl 5 - Silver

I gave it a shot last night when i got in and tought it was good. But i think i might wait till its cheaper then 40 euro.

Lvl 9 - Gold

It was fun, but not my kinda game. Plus environments are really unoriginal and kinda boring. Music was forgettable, and sometimes the cover system glitched up on me. I disliked that the subtitles for enemies sometimes lacked proper punctuation.

Otherwise, it's a cool experience. I played on "Normal" but I might give it another shot on Elite to see how much realistic it gets. I wouldn't buy the game but I would play it if a friend lent it to me.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

This. A killcam every once in a while is one thing but it seemed like there was a killcam with every kill. Too much of that shit gets annoying quick. Other than that I thought the demo wasn't bad, not sure if I'll get it though.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Because of this thread, I will try out the demo. (p.s) why is Eli so close to me.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

illegal in 9 countries

B-Grade bargain bin purchase for me.

United Military Gamers

LOVED IT !! ...and the game is paid for at Gamestop already....

United Military Gamers - like us on Facebook

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I agree day 1 purchase for me. Looking forward to hunting down and head shooting my friends in mp to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast