Wipeout 2048 for PS3 - Do you want it?

This is a discussion on Wipeout 2048 for PS3 - Do you want it? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Here is a link to a Digital Foundry interview on the technicalities involved with the making Wipeout 2048 for the ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Wipeout 2048 for PS3 - Do you want it?

Here is a link to a Digital Foundry interview on the technicalities involved with the making Wipeout 2048 for the VITA, with Studio Liverpool's technical director Stuart Lovegrove.
    Tech Interview: WipEout 2048 • Interviews • Eurogamer.net

In the interview he is asked if 2048 will be ported to the PS3....basically the reply is "If people ask for it, Yes"

Personally I would love for 2048 to be ported to the PS3, then I could see what the hell is going on during a frantic race, something that even the larger screened VITA can't do.

Anybody else like to see a PS3 port?

Lvl 4 - Silver

I didn't really like Wipeout which I got from Welcome Back package so I don't really care that much.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yes! I love HD/Fury, a really fun game but hard to Plat. In any case, 2048 looks amazing, and a PS3 version would be super.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

The One and Only

If it's available for the PS3, I'd play it, as long as PSN gets hacked again for three weeks and I get it for free!

Speaking of, next Friday is the 1st anniversary of when PSN went down from the PSN Ourtage.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I really like 2048 on the small screen but Black is right. Going full speed gets really really FAST and it shows.
    Just because I'm a lazy person: All gaming info is here -> GrimmLAN13

The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble
    I like my coffee black
    Just like my metal

Mindless Self Indulgence

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hell yeah I'd want it, I absolutely loved playing & platting Wipeout HD/Fury.
    I can't wait till the next game in the series comes out, so if they'd port 2048 to the PS3 I'd most definitely get it.
    Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well Studio Liverpool have a Facebook page for Wipeout 2048.
    Assistance with WipEout | Facebook
    You can quote Stuart Lovegroves reply and help start the process of getting it happening.

Currently most requests of 2048 are to fix two major missing features that long time Wipeout players are finding pretty much unbearable.
    Those are to have a DLC update that 1] Reinstates the "Racebox" feature - I mean really, Wipeout is all about getting really good at the tracks and beating your previous best...you can't do that atm.....2] Currently you can't choose what track/speed etc you want to play online [dumbest idea I've ever heard of] - request HD/FURY like online player track/speed selection.

It seems from what's been told to people it wasn't that Studio Liverpool intended to leave these features out, it was just that basically that the Studio liverpool team had basically been decimated by the lay off of long term team members when SONY told SL no more Wipeout after FURY [SONY own Studio Liverpool], then the VITA happened, and as usual [well historically] Wipeout is used as the guineapig release title for any new technology/console SONY comes up with, so what remained of the original team was told to work on 2048....the result is due to VITA release deadlines.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 04-14-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I wouldnt mind it on the ps3 i liked the wipeout games

Awesome Sig by Curse