Police warfare getting a Kickstarter

This is a discussion on Police warfare getting a Kickstarter within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; remember that call of duty police warfare video way back? well they are actually making a game out of it. ...

INTJ

Police warfare getting a Kickstarter

remember that call of duty police warfare video way back?

well they are actually making a game out of it.

Tons of concept art and stuff in this link, along with donation stuff:

POLICE WARFARE by Elastic Games — Kickstarter

Imagine a game that draws inspiration from the large scale, multiplayer experience of a title such as Battlefield 3, and combines it with the cops and robbers style of Grant Theft Auto and HEAT. Welcome to POLICE WARFARE; a multiplayer first person shooter set in the world of armed robbery and law enforcement. Players will go toe-to-toe as either a member of the Los Angeles Police SWAT team, or the opposite side of the law, robbing banks as an armed gunman.

There are a lot of shooters out there focusing on modern military conflicts and we want to bring things in a new direction, something fresh and different, draw the focus of a conflict closer to home with a different type of enemy. We're building a game similar to Battlefield 1943 in that it's a small but extremely high quality shooter built for digital download. Our focus is crafting a big experience in a small package, a bite-sized AAA if you will. Something that you can pick up and play for just a few minutes and have the same great experience as if you're sinking hundreds of hours into it.

Our hope is to exceed the goal so we can channel all the funds back into the project and create a bigger, better game. We'll add additional content; more maps, more weapons, expand to multiple platforms like xbox and ps3 and add international language support. It all depends on how much money we raise and how badly you guys want to see this in your chosen language and on consoles!

give them your money if you want a console version of this game.

Nope, nothing

Now that's pretty cool, I did really like the sound of it when the video was first released.

Will I send them my money to make it? Naah, I'm pretty damn sure they have plenty. I would if they return the money after the game is published and they make millions in profit.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Now that's pretty cool, I did really like the sound of it when the video was first released.

Will I send them my money to make it? Naah, I'm pretty damn sure they have plenty. I would if they return the money after the game is published and they make millions in profit.

your giving them the budget that will allow them to make the game. to a indie company that can't build it because they have no money.

thats the entire point of a kickstarter. they won't give you a refund because you helped build a budget for them to build the game on. they give you what you get for rewards based on how much you donated.

The One and Only

Looks like a game I'd try out for myself

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

This game might have some great potential to stand next to the Battlefield Series & CoD Series. I'm really hoping they might add Samuel L. Jackson. to play voice as some sort of "Mentor". Then again, this is just an Indie game.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

PRO Member

The only time they'll get my money is when the games out other then that they earn enough to do it themselves.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    The only time they'll get my money is when the games out other then that they earn enough to do it themselves.
    Wow, that's pretty harsh in my opinion. I would donate to them because I really liked the concept and the video they put together awhile ago. However, because its only on PC right now I won't be just like with the previous Kickstarter game projects. Anyways, I do hope they get enough money for it and it gets released on the PSN as I'll probably buy it then.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 4 - Silver

i might save up my money to donate. i'd most likely do a $50 donation so i can get the actual game.if i could i would donate $500 to get all the cool stuff.

Legend...Nuff Said

The game looks really cool. I always like police games. I'd like to play it on the PS3.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

worlds biggest welch fan

all we need is additional funding from the gamers.

let me think about that one.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Crocodile Hunter

Would be interesting to see but im not donating for it lol

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 4 - Silver

Looks pretty good. Would be really cool to have a heist situation. Would like to donate but no extra $
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

illegal in 9 countries

It's in essence a pre-production pre-order for an Indie game that otherwise won't see the light of day. Why would you get you're money back when you get the game + exclusive backer goodies on release in return for your pledge?

You're taking a very small risk by paying for the game, at a cheaper than retail price, before the game is made. This is typically rewarded with bonus in-game items, limited edition packaging etc as a way of saying thank you to their backers.

I've back about a half-dozen Kickstarter projects and will back this one too. The thing about Kickstarter is you're not pissing you're money up against the wall - if the funding goal isn't met, there obviously isn't the anticipated customer demand, so the funding falls through and you don't pay a dime.

On the flipside - if a game studio can demonstrate demand for their product via Kickstarter funding, they have an easier time securing corporate funding, if that's their objective, or it allows them to publish independently and keep the profits, which at this level of the industry means jobs, not ivory backscratchers.

Not to mention the warm and fuzzy feeling you get by helping independent game studios kickstart their careers. Win win...win win win.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 04-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Change is mediocre

If I had the money to give to them, I would. The game sounded good from the start, so if they can pull off a game that works well, and can compare it to games like CoD, I will try it out.

Vive La Révelation!

I may donate a bi of money myself, this game looks like it could be amazing!
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This actually does look really fun!

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Seems like a real difficult..idea to work with. meh.

Signature by DaRe_xLw