Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Name your 3 biggest ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW MOMENT when u buy a new game and get home

This is a discussion on Name your 3 biggest ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW MOMENT when u buy a new game and get home within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; When i had only two team missions left for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for the plat over two years ago ...

Game on....

When i had only two team missions left for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for the plat over two years ago and i lost the save data in a YLOD. I also had to play through Bioshock 2 twice and play the mutliplayer from scratch because of the YLOD.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

1) Getting excited to play battlefield 3, go straight to multiplayer, click quick match, searching.... Unable to join match, check your internet connection.
    Remember my hatred for EA that day as I tried to get it to work.

2) Another would be putting Gran Turismo 5 into my ps3 for the first time getting ready for a long gaming session on my favourite racing series... but wait, look at that installation time...

3) Third was probably coming back from the shop with red dead redemption to find there was a power cut... tragic day.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

when i bought ME3 collector's edition for my xbox, came out and went to install both discs. disc 1 installed, disc 2 failed at 30%, restarted my console, and started screwing shit up until i deleted the now corrupt data. after calling microsoft, i uninstalled disc 1 and installed disc 2 fully, then tried disc 1, which failed at 30%. so wtf i wondered, i clear cache, cycle power, re-download gamercard, etc., even rented another copy to make sure it wasn't the disc, still no luck. okay so i guess i can only have one disc installed at a time for no reason at all. after playing through for my first time, i finish for the day, and my xbox starts screwing up again. i then find that the stupid avatar item from the game is corrupted, and screwing my shit up now -_-. okay, delete that. next time i got to play i start succumbing to the ridiculous amount of disc swapping between main and side missions, and after having to look up a guide to minimize this, finally finish the disc 1 priority missions and am now on disc 2, after having to again uninstall and reinstall the 2nd disc. i tried calling crappy EA about this, and of course i get put on hold for half an hour before hanging up. i then considered getting the ps3 version instead as its only one disc, no install, etc., but then find out the framerate on the ps3 version is terrible and dips below 20fps quite often. verdict? FUCK YOU EA, i understand now why your voted the worst company in america.

Resident PHD

Not quite what the OP wanted but here are two of my worst experiences.

The Tales of Spike McFang (an awesome old school RPG for the SNES)-We had rented this game from Blockbuster and we had gotten to the final area. We were just about to fight the boss when all the power went out in the neighbourhood. The game was already a day late and my mom wouldn't let us keep it another day so we could finish it. about 15 years later I got a ROM of the game so I got to finish it but I will always remember that.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy-this one is a movie one but the Saturday after the Return of the King Extended Edition came out me and my sister were going to do a back-back-back trilogy day. This was going to be about a 14 hour event but we cleared our schedules, ordered some Pizza and got set for an epic event. It was here that my mom decided today was the day we needed to clean the Turtle Tank (a 2 hour job), could we run out to Sobey's for some milk , she needed to vacuum the livingroom (where we were watching). Now I am not saying these aren't important things to do, but she knew that today was the day we had set aside for this, so couldn't some of these things have waited until Sunday.

Anyways those are two experiences that will always stick with me

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Oh thank God I switched from Xbox 360 to PS3 back in Sept 2011. I had lots of games for my 360 too but I did it anyway. Main reasons are the noise that the 360 makes and the multi-disk horseshit. Also my 360 drive only had 10 gigs of space (oldie). So yeah, much happier with my PS3 with it's 250 gigs and one bluray disc per game.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Anytime I buy a game & there is a 1GB+ patch waiting for me. #WTF.
    Lmao! This is so funny! I feel the same way.

Gotham's Reckoning

I got this really awesome shield while playing Borderlands co-op and then a few minutes later I got the YLOD .

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Easy:

1) I was playing Batman AA and i had just beaten Harley, Batman threw her into a cell...then BOOM " are you F'ing Serious," YLOD...

2) I was playing NG3 (recently) and i was downloading a few things from the PSN (XIII-2 Costumes and Asura's Wrath episode) and i was trying to get either a clan battle or a trail dont remember...then BOOM "OMFG" my system crashed...

3) Anytime I wait and follow a game that im interested in...then day it comes out and i pop it in, then "Get The F Outta here," you get half a game and the rest are BS challaneges (Star Wars:Force Unleashed II & Ninja Gaiden III)..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Legend...Nuff Said

1) Buying FIFA12 and trying to play online only to be hit with an online. I enter the code and it says it is invalid. I learned the harsh reality of the online pass that night.

2) I bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood here in Korea. Rule of thumb for 95% of games is if it is Japanese made its in Japanese and English made it is in English. I pop it in and nope, Korean and...ITALIAN!?!?!?

3) I download DCUO and go to install it, only to have to leave my system on all night and half the next day for it to install.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12