Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Name your 3 biggest ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW MOMENT when u buy a new game and get home

This is a discussion on Name your 3 biggest ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW MOMENT when u buy a new game and get home within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; my 3 biggest moments would be when i had just bought darksiders and as i was opening the case i ...

PRO Member

Name your 3 biggest ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW MOMENT when u buy a new game and get home

my 3 biggest moments would be when i had just bought darksiders and as i was opening the case i pushed the power button on my slim n saw the awful yellow light of death horrible horrible feeling. i shed a tear lol because i knew it would be awhile before i could get another slim 2months actually. Second moment would be when i bought battlefield 3 and couldn't complete a match 4 anything in the world either i was kicked by servers or stuck not able to respawn. 3rd n final is i had just purchased black ops and i was already daydreaming of my k/d n as soon as i walked through the door my wife was watching twilight on my ps3. imagine the pain i felt having to wait for some vampire movie to end while my buddies build up their k/ds. those r my top 3 are you serious moments. i wanna know u guy's n gal's top 3?
    Awesome work done by Bladia

Lvl 4 - Silver

My top 3 would have to be 1. I raced to the store to pick up my MW3 copy at mid night launch and was so pumped to play it when i got home and ripped open the package they had put a blank disc in my case lol i was pissed had to wait till the next morning but a good thing that came out of it and i ended up getting the game for free 2. Got my nhl copy raced home to start building my guy and got home to no power for the night! not impressed about that one and 3. Had the same problem as you gamer86 with my battlefield i wasnt able to play a full match for 2 days was almost ready to bring it back.

PRO Member

@ wheelerk12 lmao wow at the mw3 N no power. i thought i had it bad great bad moments though
    Awesome work done by Bladia

Local Drunk

Only have 2 atm

1. I bought Mass Effect (yes I know it's not a PS3 game) and it didn't have the regristation code cause some dickhead thought it would be cool to pick it off so I couldn't play it at all and had to go back to EB and they gave me a new case with the code.

2. When I realised I saved over my close to plat save of Fallout 3. I had put at least 80 hours into save
    Last edited by Feral; 04-15-2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Fallout 3

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Anytime I buy a game & there is a 1GB+ patch waiting for me. #WTF.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

When I first got MvC3 and had to install data in order to play.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Anytime I buy a game & there is a 1GB+ patch waiting for me. #WTF.
    And you have extremely shit internet so it takes 8 hours

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    And you have extremely shit internet so it takes 8 hours
    Exactly.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I really only had two moments that bugged me.
    1. Buying Darkness 2 and learning that it only had like 6 hours of single player which bugged me because I like games that give lots of single player game time. 60$ for 6 hours didn't make me happy, it was still a great game though, just should have rented it.
    2. When I got Dead Rising 2 I was not expecting to be timed to do stuff and I couldn't just kill zombies for countless hours

Lvl 6 - Silver

only one I can think of off the top of my head was getting operation raccoon city coming home putting it in expecting to be able to play offline coop with my roommate only to find out that if you want to play coop you need two systems and 2 copies of the game I was thinking how dumb to have a game that takes place with a group of 4 team members at all times and only has online coop

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Exactly.
    Yeah I have no idea how that feels lol.

It's really irritating hey.

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

I'm an old schooler so my memorable moments were:

1. Picking up my pre-released Pokemon Stadium for N64 and FINALLY after many years get to play my Pokemon roster LIVE in 3D!
    2. After perfect the original Legend of ZeldaOT; I went "ape-shit" with its SEQUEL - LOZ: Majora's Mask. It's STILL by far my favorite RPG of all time ; right along with FF VII & KH1& 2.
    3. After enjoying all the DMC Trilogy, i took the leap of faith with Bayonet and was just shock how bad-ass, sexy, action-packed it was to bring down heaven itself! I'll be one the first gamers to order Bayonet 2 if it ever comes out.

Hope all few felt the same way as me.

Oh yea, just for extra credit: I truly enjoyed MK Trilogy for the N64. God... what a game THAT was. XD lol!

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

INTJ

super smash bros brawl

the day thousands of wii owners cried out in sadness because their wii had a dirty laser lens. (i was included in the botched batch, free repair from nintendo. they later came out with a 20$ disc that fixes the problem for you without waiting 2 weeks.)

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    super smash bros brawl

the day thousands of wii owners cried out in sadness because their wii had a dirty laser lens. (i was included in the botched batch, free repair from nintendo. they later came out with a 20$ disc that fixes the problem for you without waiting 2 weeks.)
    Damn, i can imagine how that felt. Must of felt as bad as my friends getting their asses whooped against Jigglypuff from the original Super Smash Bros. 64. XD

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    super smash bros brawl

1. I had the same problem, 2 weeks with no wii back when i didin't own a ps3.
    2. Way back i got the original NES with Mario for christmas only to find there was no game in the box. Back then shops didn't open for a few days over christmas so i spent a shitty few days just looking at my lovely new NES. Being only 8 at the time, i can imagine i was a moody bitch for most of the holidays.
    3. Finding my 2yr old stuffing custard cream biscuits into my ps1 and laughing, took me days to get all the crumbs out.

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

The One and Only

3. When I was playing Midnight Club: Los Angeles when I win races online, but the time lags and doesn't stop until like a second later, so it results in me losing only because of that. How the fuck do you lose a race when no one is in front of you? <_<

2. Again, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, when I was only like five Goal Attacks away from the trophy, one of them bugs out. All that hard work for nothing. Damn you!

1. In WipEout HD when I was really, really close to winning one race I hated so much, but somehow I get hit by a weapon from behind at the last second and I fall in 5th place. That's like in Super Mario when you're near the finish line and the spiky blue shell bombs you before you finish the race.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

1. yolod on my ps3 fatty with 125hrs on streetfighter, didnt want the plat after that. 2. my daughter pushing the off button when i was on the last challenge(and the last of the 3 rooms) in batman ac with all but the last star on the last enemy (25+mins of pain) i did replay and fin tho . 3. mw3 elite problems for 2-3weeks after buying the hardened ed.

The Last of my Kind

1. When you buy SBKX and you get home and you find out someone put SBK09 in it (which I already owned)
    2. When SBKX turns out to not be plattable, when you finally get it.
    3. When SBKX turns out to get patched after two years and it's only in america, when you're in EU xD

Oh wait that's 3 in one game.. sorry

ohwait also, when you get LBP2 with the Move Pack for free but you don't have a move.

LOL

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature & Elite Guild Bar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Seem to remember the first day that Black Ops came out the servers went down for half the evening which meant I had to resort to SP!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I bought a DLC and it turned out it's not the same region as the game (regions 1 and 2) so it didn't work. I sent an e-mail to sony and I'm hoping for the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast