Best recording devive?

This is a discussion on Best recording devive? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Does anybody know the best piece(s) of equipment to buy to start recording HD video game footage? Since being on ...

Platinum Procrastinator

Best recording devive?

Does anybody know the best piece(s) of equipment to buy to start recording HD video game footage? Since being on this site, I've wrote several small trophy guides, but have always needed to ask other people if I could use their videos for my guides if I wanted to add some. Tonight, after watching a few on YouTube, I thought, why don't I just go out and buy my own equipment and start recording my own videos.

This leads me to this thread. I don't know what people use to record their videos and as I'm looking to buy something that records in high definition, I'm looking for some suggestions and possibly links. Any and all help will be appreciated, thanks.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I've never personally used one, but, whenever I have the money to get one, this will be the one I get.
    Amazon.com: Hauppauge Colossus PCI Express Internal HD-PVR: Electronics
    Of course, not everyone feels comfortable taking their PC apart, if you don't, you could always get this
    Amazon.com: Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder: Electronics
    It's a bit more expensive, but it's also more "dummy proof", not saying your a dummy though

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Crocodile Hunter

I asked the same question as you a month or 2 back and i was advised to buy the Hauppauge HD-PVR, I got the gaming edition cause it looked cooler

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I asked the same question as you a month or 2 back and i was advised to buy the Hauppauge HD-PVR, I got the gaming edition cause it looked cooler
    So how did it work out for you?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hauppauge HD PVR is best (and about your only option). Mind you, you will need a TV with 5 input component.
    These things also use up a bunch of CPU when in use so make sure you have at least a slightly above average laptop or computer before you get one.

I personally have one just don't use it much (yet). But if anyone is a doing a guide for a new game then I may consider getting the game and helping them by making videos for them to help demonstrate how to get certain or all trophies for it.

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

If you're looking for HD quality, your two best options in my opinion would be either a Happauge HD PVR or Black Magic Intensity Pro.

Both are good with their own respective pros and cons.

A PVR is the cheaper of the two options, however, you can only record in component (which means that you need to make sure you have compatible TV)
    An Intensity Pro on the other hand allows you to record in HDMI, however, as far as I'm aware, it's an internal device which means you need to hook it up to your PC's motherboard, making it much more complicated (please correct me if I'm wrong here by the way).

As a I said both are good but it depends how much money you want to spend.

As for other equipment, you may want to look into video editing software in you don't have some already, this allows you to cut your videos, as well as condense them to make the file sizes smaller for when you upload.