My discovery of "The Official Platinum Difficulty Thread"

This is a discussion on My discovery of "The Official Platinum Difficulty Thread" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm sure I'm probably not the first to ever bring this up, but I was excited to stumble across these ...

PRO Member

My discovery of "The Official Platinum Difficulty Thread"

I'm sure I'm probably not the first to ever bring this up, but I was excited to stumble across these when I finally did a few days ago. Furthermore, there's one for every platinum game out there and 100% games too.

I'm bringing this up for multiple reasons, the first being to maybe bring awareness to them for others that may have been like me and completely missed them, but are more than willing to put their two cents in had they known.

Having discovered them and finding out they are for all games, I excitedly went back to vote my rating for all my platinums today. It's a simple process. If you platinumed a game, you can put in your score for what you think the degree of difficulty was (1-5). If you feel so inclined, you may leave a little about why you found it a certain difficulty, particularly hard trophies, pretty much whatever you would like to put, but not even a must if you dont want to.

So...before you platinum a game, and vote on it, you can't really see how the game was rated by your fellow gamers other than what some of them have written about it. God of War is a pretty popular game with a lot of platinum achievers. I must say when I went in to rate the difficulty on that one and found double digits on the amount of people who had rated it, I was a bit shocked. I was hoping to see a higher polling on it as well as others. It didnt take that long to get into the thread...it's a quick hit number rating, pick a circle, any circle...you don't have to write something down. I was just surprised that's all.

I don't have much else to add to this so good luck to everyone out there and have a wonderful day!

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by elonius007 View Post
    So...before you platinum a game, and vote on it, you can't really see how the game was rated by your fellow gamers other than what some of them have written about it.
    If I'm reading that correctly, you're saying that you have to vote to see what the difficulties are? You can click on 'view poll results' and see what the most popular rating is. People shouldn't vote unless they actually have the plat/100%.

Not sure if I read that right to be honest.

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    If I'm reading that correctly, you're saying that you have to vote to see what the difficulties are? You can click on 'view poll results' and see what the most popular rating is. People shouldn't vote unless they actually have the plat/100%.

Not sure if I read that right to be honest.
    Your right people shouldn't vote if they don't have the plat /100% though anyone is free to discuss the difficulty and what they probably will land up voting once they get the plat/100%

Lvl 6 - Silver

was the point of this thread to tutor the rest on how to rate a games difficulty? or am i missing the point...but yes chambers, im reading it the same way you are.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Not sure either Chambers, can't tell what he is saying. Think he may have been saying what you said about the view poll results.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

PRO Member

I'm sorry I made it more confusing with my wording.

"Your right people shouldn't vote if they don't have the plat /100% though anyone is free to discuss the difficulty and what they probably will land up voting once they get the plat/100% " omnislash

The gist of what I was trying to bring up was attention to the "The Official Platinum Difficulty Thread" for individual games for members that might not have known about it so they might get involved if they so chose. I then launched into my explanation of how it worked, in which I totally messed up my message it seems...once again, sorry for that. Then I closed with my disappointment that it wasn't used by more members. I'm just trying to be helpful and point out a feature of what is already in place for anyone who may not have known it. I liked the feature and thought others might also, but were maybe unaware of it.

There are members that are very active in the forums of this site and offer their input on a regular basis, for which I appreciate what all of you do for the site as well as your contributions. Thank you! Then there are many more that don't participate much, which is alright (no judgement), but if I maybe brought some attention to a part of the site, that even a hundred more people would participate in, then my not so eloquent message did something positive. That's all I was hoping for. A positive contribution to a great site! Sorry it was so confusing. My best gaming wishes go out to all.

Nope, nothing

Ah I get you now Sorry I misread it.

It is a shame that it gets little attention, and there's plenty of things on this site that also doesn't get the attention from the community it deserves/needs.

But it's a feature that is flawed, anyone can vote regardless of them having the plat/100%, which I've seen lots of times. Plus you can't delete votes out of the poll, so once it's there it's there...shame really.

Retired TGT Member

All you're saying is you wish more people would use those things, right? I'd love for that to happen too

Beast Incarnate

Gonna be honest, I have never thought to rate most of my games. It is something I, and everyone else should do though, just to help out those who would like to know what lie's ahead of them. I'll gradually go through all my plats and add my 2 cents now