wat are your strategies or methods to platinum a game

This is a discussion on wat are your strategies or methods to platinum a game within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i only have 2 platinums so really i don't have a strategy except i try not to play anything else ...

PRO Member

wat are your strategies or methods to platinum a game

i only have 2 platinums so really i don't have a strategy except i try not to play anything else until i beat that game the 1st time. im really interested in knowing you guys and girls strategies to platinum all these awesome games. i have decided to really start trophy hunting seriously since i have seen the leaderboards. please don't hesitate on any methods u have to give im open to hear it all thnx everyone
    Awesome work done by Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

depends on the game, depends on a lot of things really. assuming it has an MP portion, i start with singleplayer, finish campaign, story, etc, and maybe clean up other singleplayer trophies as my way of getting accustomed to the controls of the game, so when i go online im not completely clueless. after that, finish up online and done. if its strictly singleplayer, i usually start on the hardest difficulty (if there are difficulties), to knock out most trophies..and then go back for a clean up. however, if i really want to just play relaxed and take my time, i'll play on normal, enjoy the game without being stressed over dying at every corner, then just come back after to beat it on hard, and since i know the game now itll be that much easier. thats more or less the process i go through. if the trophies are all over the place...then well i freestyle.

Lvl 4 - Silver

First, I play the game for fun going through the story and all. Then once I'm done with that I look at the remaining trophies and start hunting

Lvl 4 - Silver

For the most part I look at the trophies, then I get as many as I can while playing, then if any are left that I cannot figure out I come to this site and check the trophy guide. Thank you for all the hard work guys.

Regional Manager of War

The Awesome Road to

1. Play for fun
    2. Clean up remaining trophies
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 04-15-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Royal Flush X2

Depends on game but overall I never give up, that's how I've gotten my hard platinums.
    Last edited by omnislash; 04-15-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed_Mans View Post
    First, I play the game for fun going through the story and all. Then once I'm done with that I look at the remaining trophies and start hunting
    ^^This x9000!! Also, once I'm done, if the trophy percentage is over 45 or more (depending on the game), then I go on the hunt

Lvl 4 - Silver

1) first of all I only play one game at a time (So I can get good at the one game I'm playing and focus on it)
    2) If it's a hard/ long game to then I make sure that I won't have anything major to do for the next week or 2 (such as course work deadlines) (So nothing stops me playing the game for too long)
    3) I look up any trophies which are missable in the game so I got for them when I have to (So I don't have to replay the game from scratch afterwards)
    4) Start the game and play through the story/ single player
    5) Once Single player is done I go for challenges (maybe Time trials if the game has it)
    6) Now I go for miscellaneous things like collectables
    7) I do Multiplayer player last because having the single player done has given me experience at the game and is normally enough for me to beat 70% of players

Other things:

1) If I have a game left over that I couldn't for what ever reason then I normally start over with a new savedata because if I start say at the end of the game then I just struggle and die over and over again and just leave the game again. (Of course in some cases I keep data, like I still have my savedata for Wipeout HD in the hope I can get Bling Brigade some day since that is just find a race and get lucky which involves no skill)
    2) I only play games which I know I will enjoy or at least have a good idea that I will (for me that's not hard since I like all games but Shooters, And I even like some shooters in certain circumstances (like Infamous))
    3) If the game is online based then I personally try to stay offline to prevent others from ruining my run at the game (like all my Demon Souls was done offline and about 95% of darksouls)
    4) If a game get's challenges through out story mode then I may do them as they appear to get a few levels or extra money (obviously changes based on game) and prevent a long grind after story mode
    5) I always make sure I'm well slept before I start a new game because I tend to get addicted to games I'm trying to and lose sleep (Like now for instance, I'm playing Hyperdimension Neptunia at 2AM and to leave for college at 8AM.... I don't intend on sleeping tonight)
    6) I listen to what I call focus music so I can well enjoy the game more and focus on it (My focus music and basically anything with heavy base but it's up to you on what yours is, Also some people may like the story of games. I personally play games for gameplay and think story is meant to be in books and films (visual novels are an exception, they should be about story)
    Last edited by Doomlor0; 04-15-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed_Mans View Post
    Basically this...

Vive La Révelation!

I usually just play the game through and just enjoy it. Collecting as many trophies as possible without it taking way from the game itself, and then as soon as I’m done (as long as I think I have a chance at the platinum and I enjoyed the game enough) I go into platinum mode I whip out the trophy guide provided by the outstanding men & women of PS3trophies.com and then I get to work
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

[top]wat are your strategies or methods to platinum a game

Depends on the game but getting it in general, this is my attack approach.

"In General" - Check out the helpful information through trophy guides first & narrow the trophies down from missable (if any to collectables) if any, always have those trophies as first priority & make a note if you have to on paper so you won't forget what part is the missable parts of the game or where those collectables are at. Also check if there is a play on "Insane difficulty" trophy but must have Hard completion first trophy, if so then always play on difficulty that will unlock next difficulty first to avoid more then two playthroughs. I always do online last, get ALL SP trophies then MP after.

Instead of a note, I mainly copy & paste certain important sections of the guide but edit it from important to not (to where it looks all fancy, important things in bold etc) then print it out w/ Microsoft Word or something, kinda like a checklist & so that your easily aware of those important trophies while playing.

After you knock em down it's all a clean up after that.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Local Drunk

No strategies, just playing for fun. Only reason I platted Heavy Rain was because I sick of seeing it at 90%.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Legend...Nuff Said

Guides, lots and lots of guides from whatever site gives me the easiest time.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Level 5 Esper

No strategy really, play the game cuz you like it then you'll feel compelled to plat it after
    ORRRRR if you're really determined trophy guides!!
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Now this is Podracing

Go through my first playthrough, not worrying too much about trophies, just to get used to the controls, and enjoy the story on an easy setting (this sometimes also unlocks a higher difficulty for later on), then if there is multiplayer trophies get those done as quick as possible, so the online community for the game is still big enough. Then final playthroughs and mop ups

Lvl 4 - Silver

Basically just play it, then do whatever the trophy descriptions say. That's really the best way to get a plat. Just do what the descriptions say. Trust me.

Harvester of Souls

For me, I play through once just playing the game and going for any special out of the way things and if miss will just keep trying but not really go for them. Play on Normal to begin with and Easy if really need to, then will play through again if missed any collectibles or for alternate paths/upgrades/evil run/etc. Then will play on a Hard mode, if not already to start off and just speed run and get anything else like endings. Normally takes me lot longer, but get there suppose. Just look over a list after I've beaten a game or for any collectibles before starting and see how it goes then search afterward. .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay