Some guy Builds a Fake PS4 with the rumored ps4 specs, Runs Just Cause 2 at 21 FPS

This is a discussion on Some guy Builds a Fake PS4 with the rumored ps4 specs, Runs Just Cause 2 at 21 FPS within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Faux PS4 built based on rumored specs, gets rumored results | Joystiq The fine people at Official PlayStation Magazine UK ...

INTJ

Some guy Builds a Fake PS4 with the rumored ps4 specs, Runs Just Cause 2 at 21 FPS

Faux PS4 built based on rumored specs, gets rumored results | Joystiq

The fine people at Official PlayStation Magazine UK trust the PlayStation 4 spec rumors enough to build the entire next-gen console with the assumed parts, which are all off-the-shelf PC pieces. Rumors have the PS4 using an AMD A8 3850 processor and AMD Radeon HD 7670 graphics card, the latter of which is identical to a mid-range, year-old AMD graphics card, the HD 6670. The processor is a "cheap" CPU solution, OPM writes.

With that stellar introduction, OPM tested its fake PS4 against an Intel i7 2700K with Just Cause 2, and against the PS3 with Bulletstorm and Skyrim. OPM tracked rendering and frame-rate benchmarks for each system, and was underwhelmed with the results. Just Cause 2 was clocked at 21 frames per second, and the other two stuck around 30, but with barely noticeable graphics improvements from the PS3 version.

Again, these are only the rumored PS4 specs, and simply duct-taping them all together and popping in a game doesn't equate a true, finished console. Techradar's components editor Dave James offered some insight into OPM's test: "Sadly just benchmarking the relevant PC components in the current crop of Windows-compatible games wont give you much of an idea how a PS4 utilising those components would actually perform.

"Coding on closed-platform devices, like consoles, means you can squeeze every last drop of performance out of the hardware because you know that every one of those devices will be exactly the same."

Sony may use newer versions of the graphics card and processor as well, James said. The moral of this story, then: Rumors are rumors.

PRO Member

I can't believe the money that is thrown at these types of whims... I wish I had the money to drop on a project like this just for fun, haha. It's quite interesting that the rumors are being taken literally/seriously this early.

Kiwi Defender

Well, this leads me to believe the actual system will be much more powerful lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

No video?
    I thought I was gonna see some action, lol.
    But those FPS rates..ew. Not even sure if I would want to see that, I'm just bored.
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 04-17-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Retired TGT Member

A whole lot of money spent to find out that rumors are still rumors.

PRO Member

The CPU heatsink looks like a tiny hotel

PRO Member

Wow I cannot believe the amount of time and money people have on their hands lately...

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Wow I cannot believe the amount of time and money people have on their hands lately...
    Lately?
    I don't think anyone has that kind of time or money anymore in this world. Those people are just some lucky bitches. lol.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Platinum Dohvakiin

and this is suppose to prove what exactly/ That they have money to just throw away? I mean seriously wtf were they thinking?
    "Let's build the rumored PS4, with the rumored PS4 specs. Knowing it wont run like the final product. So we can get the worst possible guess-ta-mation of how the final product will run!"
    "Great Idea! Here's a spare grand I have just laying around. So you can waste it on this dipsh*t of an idea!"
    "Dude you so f*cking Rock!"

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    and this is suppose to prove what exactly/ That they have money to just throw away? I mean seriously wtf were they thinking?
    "Let's build the rumored PS4, with the rumored PS4 specs. Knowing it wont run like the final product. So we can get the worst possible guess-ta-mation of how the final product will run!"
    "Great Idea! Here's a spare grand I have just laying around. So you can waste it on this dipsh*t of an idea!"
    "Dude you so f*cking Rock!"

yea Official playstation magazines tend to be terrible at playstation news

We build a PS4! What can the rumoured specs do?

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    yea Official playstation magazines tend to be terrible at playstation news

We build a PS4! What can the rumoured specs do?
    Sad but true.