Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Why does X numbers of plats mean NO life?

This is a discussion on Why does X numbers of plats mean NO life? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Do people now a days have no respect for John Hughes he fought hard to make people realize that labels ...

Resident PHD

Do people now a days have no respect for John Hughes he fought hard to make people realize that labels are never a good thing to place on someone. I will leave us all with these inspirational words.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Vive La Révelation!

I don’t care how many platinum’s you have. It doesn’t mean you have no life. Now how many posts you have on PS3trophies.com is a different story
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

I get sent to every corner of the planet building and constructing for the military. Dealing with long hours, BS Bureaucracy, and possible terrorist attack. While on my off-timei play every so often and get some PLAT. on my own pace.

So no, X number of Plat. = no life is totally false... unless you play like some crazy guy who thinks FF VII is the best RPG of all time and would put months of their time JUST to prove themselves right ( no puns attended to FFVII fans )

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    I think, that as long u exercise, have a job, do things with family and friends and have another main past time/job, getting plats is fine....., aslong as you do those things previously mentioned(exercise etc) you should do what you enjoy and forget others what think, lifes' for living....
    That's a nice summary, I can relate.

The One and Only

I have 16 plats, close to 17, and I barely have a life.

Nah I'm just joking. The only reason why people keep saying things like, "Oh you have a plat and I don't, you no life!", because they're jealous. I admit, I sometimes get jealous at people have more 's than me, but I'm sure they don't spend most of they day getting them (unless they say so). I just assume they have a life with more free time than I do. No need to be ignorant and assume that all they do with their lives is play video games.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

I make my own mayo!

I have quite the fulfilling life. 's keep me out of trouble.

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It is true... Unfortunately. Don't get butt-hurt. I mean, how else can someone get all those 30's, 50's or 100's of plats without giving up life: REAL job, school, gf, bf, family and all that is essential to... LIFE?

Having those insane amount of plats requires wasting your life away... and preparing to be an obese person.

Examples in real life: My neighbor works in a restaurant 6 hours a day and goes to school 2 hours. That is 8 hours dedicated for "life". However, when he started spending time to get plat's, those numbers shrunk...stopped going to school and lessen his work hours per week... and he found himself playing games for plats, selling stuffs to feed his gamefly sub, and renting even the crappiest of all crappy games just for plat. At that time, we had about the same number of plats in 2010 (although he started with PS3 earlier than I did) and now I am miles behind him (his 60 plus plats).

As for me? I never changed my lifestyle... I work my ass off an average of 50 hours a week, have good family...friends... and I am not overweight. And that what my 'pitiful' # of plats mean lol

Another example is my friend who I only get to meet online since he's out of state now. He works with this travel company and always have loads of time on his hand. He told me he almost have no life since his job is easy peesy and that sets him up for trophy and plat hunting. Lo and behold, his trophy and plat number started going up and so his numbers in the weighing scale. Problem with him is that when he's not on the PS3, he's doing it on his Xbox 360.

I am a nurse and sometimes it makes me wonder, do these so called elite plat games have catheters (tube up their pee-holes) or rectal tube (to evacuate feces) or feeding tubes so they wont have to get up and enjoy life? I mean I know according to an Amazon.com study that video game buyers buy adult diapers at the same time 30% of the time but do those people resort to the aforementioned extreme measures to feed their gaming habits?

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by der Krankenschwester View Post
    It is true... Unfortunately. Don't get butt-hurt. I mean, how else can someone get all those 30's, 50's or 100's of plats without giving up life: REAL job, school, gf, bf, family and all that is essential to... LIFE?

Having those insane amount of plats requires wasting your life away... and preparing to be an obese person.
    Congratulations on your ignorance. Many of us here are adult gamers with full-time jobs, run our own businesses, have university studies or degrees, wives, kids, mortgages, pets and spend time keeping fit, playing sport or hanging with friends or family.

If we choose to spend the few spare hours of the day chasing shinies instead of vegetating in front of a TV, reading books, drinking or smoking, that doesn't mean everything else is sacrificed along the way. More often than not it simply means better time management skills.

Take Roughdawg4 for example - he's the legitimate trophy leader in the world with 306 Plats (all others close to him have trophy hacks) and has a rewarding career, a family etc. That doesn't automatically make him a fat fucking loser champ. Wake up to yourself...dude gets nothing but my respect for managing to balance his life so well.

PRO Member

Unlike some other awesome members, I just have a BS and not a masters but I work almost full time (38 hrs part-time researcher), hang out with my girlfriend a lot and still keep in touch with all of my friends and family. I am also a health professional who just happens to be a pretty big gaming nerd. The key is to not let it overrun your life. Like all other things in life, everything is ok in moderation. You will always have people tell you it's a waste of time, but just ask them. What do they like to do in their spare time? Everyone has hobbies and yours, like many others here, happens to be gaming. Don't take it to heart man and have fun with gaming!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

The One and Only

Examples in real life: My neighbor works in a restaurant 6 hours a day and goes to school 2 hours. That is 8 hours dedicated for "life". However, when he started spending time to get plat's, those numbers shrunk...stopped going to school and lessen his work hours per week... and he found himself playing games for plats, selling stuffs to feed his gamefly sub, and renting even the crappiest of all crappy games just for plat. At that time, we had about the same number of plats in 2010 (although he started with PS3 earlier than I did) and now I am miles behind him (his 60 plus plats).

As for me? I never changed my lifestyle... I work my ass off an average of 50 hours a week, have good family...friends... and I am not overweight. And that what my 'pitiful' # of plats mean lol

Another example is my friend who I only get to meet online since he's out of state now. He works with this travel company and always have loads of time on his hand. He told me he almost have no life since his job is easy peesy and that sets him up for trophy and plat hunting. Lo and behold, his trophy and plat number started going up and so his numbers in the weighing scale. Problem with him is that when he's not on the PS3, he's doing it on his Xbox 360.

I am a nurse and sometimes it makes me wonder, do these so called elite plat games have catheters (tube up their pee-holes) or rectal tube (to evacuate feces) or feeding tubes so they wont have to get up and enjoy life? I mean I know according to an Amazon.com study that video game buyers buy adult diapers at the same time 30% of the time but do those people resort to the aforementioned extreme measures to feed their gaming habits?
    I appreciate your efforts in backing up your opinion, but I have to disgree.

You may have a busier life than alot of us, but that doesn't mean we don't have lives.

Sure, maybe they spend more of their time on their PS3 than they should, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have no life. This now goes down to your definition of having no life, and people have different meanings of it. Me? I consider someone with no life who doesn't go to school or have a job, doesn't socialize with people outside of their house or friends, and all they do is play video games or go on the computer and not do anything constructive with the abundance of free time they have. And on top of that, those who may have some sort of a life might stay up at night doing their gaming as well as the free time they might have before it gets late at night for their trophy collecting.

Everyone's situation is different, and just because they have alot of trophies doesn't mean they have no lives. It doesn't take a whole lot of time to get 5 plats a week or a month if you order the right games and play them on your free time, but it depends on whether or not you have the free time.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

The Temple of the King

You would only have no life when you let something completely take over your life; whether it be your job, your hobbies, whatever have you. But whatever.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

To all those who replied to my post directly, your plat #'s don't say that you guys belong to my bracket of no lives. Also, i forgot to mention the fact that some hunters spam their plats with crappy games... As for the guy who has 306 plats with a perfect, splendid "life", he could be having his friends and relatives doing some of the dirty works for him. I mean it's just not statistically possible for a normal human to do that without giving up life.

In the age of the internet, you just don't believe in all you watch or hear or see on blogs or forums about these mighty people lol

PRO Member

Obviously you didn't read some of the prior posts of people showing that they do actually have a life outside of gaming. I am highly educated and have a real job, a long-term relationship, and family/friends. I do a lot of things to keep myself entertained, including gaming. However, I do not often go out drinking and going to bars, which is still what many of my friends find to be entertainment. I'm in my 30s and had enough of that in college. Nobody can decide for anybody else what a quality life means. As long as an individual is happy and not hurting anybody else, then no worries. Oh, and I'm 5'9 and 160lbs, so hardly overweight. I'm sure, however, that your description does fit some people... but don't generalize. Some of us are amazing at time management and getting things done... just ask my boss.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Personally, I don't think your trophy count (the larger it is) doesn't mean you have no life, I have 53 platinum trophies currently, but I've gathered them over years of gaming.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Your an idiot. I run a business 24/7, might be getting married in the near future, hang out with my friends and family all the time, and even take breaks from games and gaming. I'm well over 100 plats and and I quit trophy hunting October of last year. I have time to do whatever I want. It's called getting the most use out of your time, and being good at gaming. Since your rocking 17 plats, It's a safe bet you suck at gaming, you're so pussy whipped that you can't do what you want with your time, or you just barely play because your a casual gamer. No reason to call anyone else butthurt since your the one with your panties tangled up.

And 50 hours a week for work? That's all? I haven't worked small hours like that since I was 16. Must be nice. Lol, kids these days say the dumbest things.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

illegal in 9 countries

To all those who replied to my post directly, your plat #'s don't say that you guys belong to my bracket of no lives. Also, i forgot to mention the fact that some hunters spam their plats with crappy games... As for the guy who has 306 plats with a perfect, splendid "life", he could be having his friends and relatives doing some of the dirty works for him. I mean it's just not statistically possible for a normal human to do that without giving up life.

In the age of the internet, you just don't believe in all you watch or hear or see on blogs or forums about these mighty people lol
    Unfortunately Roughdawg's Platinum Hunter interview with In2 went down with the PS3T crash. If you read it, you'd change your tune.

Your friends may be fatty fucktard gaming losers, but don't paint everyone with the same brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    And 50 hours a week for work? That's all? I haven't worked small hours like that since I was 16. Must be nice. Lol, kids these days say the dumbest things.
    This. I typically work 60-70 hour weeks, which is what you do when you run a small business. I still find time to exercise, play with my kids, hang with my wife and game. My gaming tends to be from 9pm to 12-1am...I need that time to wind down from my day, lose myself for awhile and re-energize for tomorrow's onslaught.

I'm a lazy gamer, more casual than hardcore these days, play for fun more than trophies and split my time between PC, PS3, Vita, PSP, iOS and 360. I'm sure I could easily rack up another 30 plats a year on my schedule. If I had done that since trophies were launched, I'd be staring down the barrel of 100 plats too.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 04-17-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

When people ask me why do I trophy hunt here my response," People party, people go out, people hang with other people, and then theres my people, we trophy hunt".

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

The One and Only

Do you honestly believe that someone's trophy/ count have to do with whether or not someone has a life?

I think you're stereotyping gamers with alot of plats. I see it the same as stereotyping people of different races, like stereotyping black people with fried chicken. It might be true for some people in the group you're specifying, but that doesn't mean it's true for all people in that group.

I'm about to get 2 plats in less than a 2 week period, and I go to school everyday and have homework to do. Does that mean I have no life? No, I just so happened to have another free weekend.

Like I said, everyone's situation is different, so it's unfair to judge people of a certain group based on only one, two, or three examples/people.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Ignore them man. My friends tell me that I have no life because I play video games. I really don't care, they don't know what they're missing out on.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast