Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 144

Why does X numbers of plats mean NO life?

This is a discussion on Why does X numbers of plats mean NO life? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by der Krankenschwester To all those who replied to my post directly, your plat #'s don't say that ...

  1. #41
    Bringing the PAIN
    NOFORPAIN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    857
    Reputation
    58

    Quote Originally Posted by der Krankenschwester View Post
    To all those who replied to my post directly, your plat #'s don't say that you guys belong to my bracket of no lives. Also, i forgot to mention the fact that some hunters spam their plats with crappy games... As for the guy who has 306 plats with a perfect, splendid "life", he could be having his friends and relatives doing some of the dirty works for him. I mean it's just not statistically possible for a normal human to do that without giving up life.

    In the age of the internet, you just don't believe in all you watch or hear or see on blogs or forums about these mighty people lol
    Well apparently your not just ignorant, but also just uninformed. NOBODY has 306 plats without being either a hacker or a group of people on 1 acct. Now would you say more than 100 makes you have no life? Cuz apparently you have not met some of the MAJOR members of our site... Namely Bodigard, omnislash, and a few others. All of which are proven to have very active lives. Please if your going to argue something, make a valid and intelligent point or don't bother being like every other internet troll out there ok?


    Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

  2. #42
    Kal
    Kal is offline
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Kal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    289
    Reputation
    4

    I have few plats and my friends think its neat, :p
    They all know its just how I play the game, but your friends seem to be challenged >.>

  3. #43
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    emosgirl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    431
    Reputation
    85

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    It's the same reason intelligent people are nerds, sporty people are jocks and blonde girls are dumb. People are more comfortable stereotyping others out of jealousy than developing the willpower, self-discipline and fortitude to achieve their goals.
    I agree that people are comfortable with stereotyping. I get upset when people call me a dumb blonde before even getting to know me. It's always fun for me to put them in their place because being a natural blonde girl I'm beyond sick of hearing that. So just ignore that person. As long as you're happy with what you do in your own spare time, that's all that really matters. Lots of people have full lives and gaming is what they do for fun in their "spare" time.

    I don't care for the reverse stereotyping either of someone not liking games because they don't 100% them. (I'm not saying that's what you said.) I have friends who work in the gaming community and they have to quickly jump from one game to the next. They don't have the time to commit to 100%ing a game. For myself, I'm honest with myself about my own abilities to 100% a game. I look at the trophies and decide if I can do it without driving myself crazy. If the answer is yes, I go for it. If no, I don't worry and move on. I have a bunch of games on several systems I have in my stack of shame. I want to play them all and as long as I finished the storyline portion of the game, most of the time that's what makes me happy.

  4. #44
    Lvl 3 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hamilton ON
    Posts
    179
    Reputation
    4

    That sucks that people send you messages like that. I don't get those kind of messages at all even though I have 3000+ trophies. As epic meal time would say "what you know about plats haters?" I play what I want to and if I don't plat it then I don't let it worry me. I have my own life outside of my apartment and I have friends and I have a full time job (mostly work nights witch is why I'm always on the forums at nights) and on my days off I turn me phone off and game all day. I live my life as I want to and don't care what anyone else thinks. If your comfortable with how things are with you then don't change it. If people are going to hate on you for how many trophies or plats you have then get new friends

  5. #45
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,535
    Reputation
    185



    Haters are going to hate. At the end of the day half of the stuff we do is completely meaningless to other people.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  6. #46
    An old-fashioned cowboy
    SirDrRoger's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,508
    Reputation
    37

    Two words. Time Management. If you can learn how to do that then you'll have time to do anything you want.

  7. #47
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    InVeRt_DrEaMz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bumblefuk, WI
    Posts
    55
    Reputation
    1

    my friend has a guy on his list that has 119 plats... that guy has 0 life lol

  8. #48
    Needz Trophy Card
    Pope Bodicus I's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    462
    Reputation
    86

    Quote Originally Posted by InVeRt_DrEaMz View Post
    my friend has a guy on his list that has 119 plats... that guy has 0 life lol
    my friend has a guy on his list that says your hat is gay....that guy has a better hat lol
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

  9. #49
    Get bent...
    Twitch's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    80

    I own 3 fast food restaurants, part owner in a high-end Mexican food restaurant, and I also own 3 porn shops.

    I also happen to be a Military spouse to a wife that's currently deployed in with the Navy.

    Add in 3 kids here at home & 2 older ones that live with their psycho bitc...err...mothers.


    I guess I have no life.

    Then again, I only have 6 's on my current ID and 17 on my old one.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

    Formerly known as Tyrion619

  10. #50
    You weak azz niggs
    grimydawg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (USA)
    Posts
    531
    Reputation
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by der Krankenschwester View Post
    It is true... Unfortunately. Don't get butt-hurt. I mean, how else can someone get all those 30's, 50's or 100's of plats without giving up life: REAL job, school, gf, bf, family and all that is essential to... LIFE?
    None of that is essential to life. I have 40 plats in two in like almost years. That's NOT that hard to do really.

    Quote Originally Posted by der Krankenschwester View Post
    To all those who replied to my post directly, your plat #'s don't say that you guys belong to my bracket of no lives. Also, i forgot to mention the fact that some hunters spam their plats with crappy games... As for the guy who has 306 plats with a perfect, splendid "life", he could be having his friends and relatives doing some of the dirty works for him. I mean it's just not statistically possible for a normal human to do that without giving up life.

    In the age of the internet, you just don't believe in all you watch or hear or see on blogs or forums about these mighty people lol
    That guy never said he had a spectacular life or anything like that. You obviously weren't here before the little meltdown here. It is statistically possible to have a lot of plats, if you've been getting trophies since they came out, which will be about four years in a few months. Your posts are close to being some of the most illogical stuff here I've seen here recently and I've seen a lot of posts from these n00bs here recently Stop acting like you're so grown up. You're really not

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    I own 3 fast food restaurants, part owner in a high-end Mexican food restaurant, and I also own 3 porn shops.

    I also happen to be a Military spouse to a wife that's currently deployed in with the Navy.

    Add in 3 kids here at home & 2 older ones that live with their psycho bitc...err...mothers.


    I guess I have no life.

    Then again, I only have 6 's on my current ID and 17 on my old one.
    Shit that's like close to 30. You MUST have no life



  11. #51
    PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!
    Chaotically-Epic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mainly gaming on PC now.
    Posts
    2,905
    Reputation
    72

    It doesn't matter, haters gun hate. Although..that is a crazy achievement.
    JK. I mean jk.

    no seriously, jk. lol I wish I had more plats!

    In the end, anyone who games has no life no matter what you do, I hear it all the time. -_-

    Signature by DaRe_xLw





  12. #52
    Game on....
    Timeless-Enigma's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,915
    Reputation
    348

    It all depends on what an indivduals definition of having a life is

  13. #53
    PRO Member
    whiteboyfromco's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    67
    Reputation
    1

    2 words: be proud. I have 33 plats and I'm working on another. Love my trophy collection. I understand that there are other things I could be doing, but this is what I chose because I enjoy it. I am a true gamer. If you feel like they do, like you have no life or are a nerd, then you might as well stop and find what you like. I like Playstation.

  14. #54
    Kid, not loser
    Kid_Loser's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,495
    Reputation
    81

    I have 66 plas and I am sure many people think I have no life either. In reality, I am a pretty well built guy, not fat not skinny(maybe a little skinny), I go out with friends quite a lot, help my family quite a bit as my step-mother is handicapped, and I am a full time student working on my associates at the moment.
    People will always be stereotypical on gamers, even though there are much worse addictions out there that cause people to have even less of a life. It is just a stereotype.

  15. #55
    Quartercircle Forward.
    D1mech's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    760
    Reputation
    102

    I think der Krankenschwester is trying to troll us You can't really be serious dude?

    In all honesty I love my plat collection (even though it's just 12 plats, and I just love to game in my free time. But that does not mean that I don;t do other stuff in my free time as well. So to the OP; ignore the person who said that he's probably just jelly.

    Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

    Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

    deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

    -My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

  16. #56
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Scruffy4039's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    107
    Reputation
    2

    No one has the right to say one persons life is better or more fulfilled than anothers. Everyone has different priorities in life. As a youngster I would spend hours in the pool and gym training because my dream was to swim in the Olympics. This didn't happen but do I look back on my teen years as a waste of my life. No of course I don't I loved every minute of it and made some great friends despite that fact I did very little else apart from swimming (and school....but that wasn't my choice lol)A friend of mine is a nurse and she works a ridiculous amount of hours a week at the hospital and some times we dont see her for weeks because all she does is work and sleep. Does she not have a life? Well maybe someone who didn't know her looking at her life would say yes but she thinks her life is more fulfilled than anyone elses in the world becuase she does what she loves and thinks she is making a difference. I think as long as you are happy doing what you are doing and you are not hurting anyone else by doing it then who cares what your life is fullfilled with.As long as you can look back on your life when the inevitable time comes to leave this world and have no regrets then you have LIVED!!!!

  17. #57
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Silent Assassin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    949
    Reputation
    27

    It doesn't. You can have a person with zero platinums play more than the one with 20. Someone puts 2 hours into earning trophies for certain games, while someone else puts those 2 hours into playing one game, like Call of Duty or Battlefield.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 04-18-2012 at 05:25 AM.

  18. #58
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    If Platinum trophies bring you joy then why the hell not use your time to get them? It's a hobby like anything else.

    I only begrudgingly achieved a first Plat a year ago because i thought my gaming days were numbered (which happily, they are not!) but when i've enjoyed a game enough since, i've tried to Plat it. So now i have Four Platinums in a year!!!

    It may not seem like much, i like to play as many things as i can in a short space of time rather than go a-huntin for Platinums but when certain games enveloped my free time (Skyrim especially ) i didn't even think about the 100% being possible till i was at 81% and not one part of it felt like a grind.

    They are a bonus for truly enjoying a game in my mind, after all, the game has to be fun right?

  19. #59
    Lvl 2 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    0

    I agree with you guys mostly, but you would have to say without a doubt that the guys in the top ten probably don't have much else on. The legit guys that are actually hunting solo that is.

  20. #60
    Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman
    TerminalPhoenix's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    618
    Reputation
    42

    You have to understand that the folks that have an obscene amount of platinums, a significant portion of them are kid's games, things that are both, easy and short. They platinum them because they either have kids of their own and feel the need to platinum them once their kid has gotten bored with the game, or in fact are trophy whores. Maybe they actually enjoy them. Who can really know besides them and at the end of the day, who cares what others do? It doesn't affect the way you play your game and to me, it sounds like people are complaining because they're jealous.

    Personally, my one discomforting opinion about trophies lies with people who choose to platinum the North American, European and Japanese version of the same game. No matter how much you love a game, I don't see the logic behind it outside of being a trophy whore. But that's a personal opinion and I don't go stereotyping because of it. Sometimes, I'm impressed that someone has Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 platinumed more than once, but I can help but wonder why they did it. Trophies are just a representation of people having fun with a game so much that they want to go above and beyond and finish everything from a trophy perspective and if it's fun for the person, then they are having a life.

    The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

    Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

    Signature & Avatar

    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw


Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO