Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Why does X numbers of plats mean NO life?

This is a discussion on Why does X numbers of plats mean NO life? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by der Krankenschwester It is true... Unfortunately. Don't get butt-hurt. I mean, how else can someone get all ...

Last L Is A Capital i

Quote Originally Posted by der Krankenschwester View Post
    It is true... Unfortunately. Don't get butt-hurt. I mean, how else can someone get all those 30's, 50's or 100's of plats without giving up life: REAL job, school, gf, bf, family and all that is essential to... LIFE?

Having those insane amount of plats requires wasting your life away... and preparing to be an obese person.

Examples in real life: My neighbor works in a restaurant 6 hours a day and goes to school 2 hours. That is 8 hours dedicated for "life". However, when he started spending time to get plat's, those numbers shrunk...stopped going to school and lessen his work hours per week... and he found himself playing games for plats, selling stuffs to feed his gamefly sub, and renting even the crappiest of all crappy games just for plat. At that time, we had about the same number of plats in 2010 (although he started with PS3 earlier than I did) and now I am miles behind him (his 60 plus plats).

As for me? I never changed my lifestyle... I work my ass off an average of 50 hours a week, have good family...friends... and I am not overweight. And that what my 'pitiful' # of plats mean lol

Another example is my friend who I only get to meet online since he's out of state now. He works with this travel company and always have loads of time on his hand. He told me he almost have no life since his job is easy peesy and that sets him up for trophy and plat hunting. Lo and behold, his trophy and plat number started going up and so his numbers in the weighing scale. Problem with him is that when he's not on the PS3, he's doing it on his Xbox 360.

I am a nurse and sometimes it makes me wonder, do these so called elite plat games have catheters (tube up their pee-holes) or rectal tube (to evacuate feces) or feeding tubes so they wont have to get up and enjoy life? I mean I know according to an Amazon.com study that video game buyers buy adult diapers at the same time 30% of the time but do those people resort to the aforementioned extreme measures to feed their gaming habits?
    Ignorance is bliss.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The thing is...

Mainly the people online that would say something like "lol 100 plats you have no life" are generally the people that play Call of Duty online 24/7 or perhaps the people that play games a lot but don't go for the trophies. The fact of the matter is that if they dedicated all the time they play video games to trophy hunting, they would probably end up with over 100 platinums themself.

It's just that by trophy hunting you have something to show for how you spend your time

^ Just my theory

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy4039 View Post
    No one has the right to say one persons life is better or more fulfilled than anothers. Everyone has different priorities in life. As a youngster I would spend hours in the pool and gym training because my dream was to swim in the Olympics. This didn't happen but do I look back on my teen years as a waste of my life. No of course I don't I loved every minute of it and made some great friends despite that fact I did very little else apart from swimming (and school....but that wasn't my choice lol)A friend of mine is a nurse and she works a ridiculous amount of hours a week at the hospital and some times we dont see her for weeks because all she does is work and sleep. Does she not have a life? Well maybe someone who didn't know her looking at her life would say yes but she thinks her life is more fulfilled than anyone elses in the world becuase she does what she loves and thinks she is making a difference. I think as long as you are happy doing what you are doing and you are not hurting anyone else by doing it then who cares what your life is fullfilled with.As long as you can look back on your life when the inevitable time comes to leave this world and have no regrets then you have LIVED!!!!
    Well said. The moment someone starts throwing around the 'has no life' line, just means they can't handle what your doing.

To quote TI and Rhianna

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I only have 12 platinums, but I have no life.
    I am either at work, with my mrs of nearly 6 years, with friends or on ps3. That is my life. Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat.
    I used to have hobbies other than gaming though...yet for some reason I seem to have lost interest in all except gaming.
    But I'm at that stage in my life where I'm too old to be sat on a park drinking cider and getting high [though granted, have been there lol], and too young to be stuck in a pub every day. Gaming is a nice safe option
    At the end of the day, you're gonna do what you want to make you happy. As people have said, long as you're not a recluse [though to be fair, if you're happy as a recluse gamer, so be it..] and have friends and other stuff going on, more power to ya.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Closing this account

I wonder what my PSN friends think of me. I manage to play my PS3 almost all day, maybe 15hrs I think If a person has over a 100 's that expands through years, why are ppl saying he/she has no life? No if he/she gets 100 's in 3 months, then you still have no right to say they have no life. Now, if lose your house, family and cars because you game to much, then you have no life.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I used to play cod multi constantly reaching full prestige game after game and then each year when a new cod came out no one went on, or was bothered about the previous one. therefore all that hard work was for nothing! Then i got into trophies and instead of playing multi all the time i'd dedicate that time to trophies, so they grew with time.

P.S. remember guys a true platinum hunter gets 100% not just the plat!!!

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by mrbunt83 View Post
    I used to play cod multi constantly reaching full prestige game after game and then each year when a new cod came out no one went on, or was bothered about the previous one. therefore all that hard work was for nothing! Then i got into trophies and instead of playing multi all the time i'd dedicate that time to trophies, so they grew with time. P.S. remember guys a true platinum hunter gets 100% not just the plat!!!

PRO Member

Those msgs r not important, we can ignore them and just keep gaming while we can enjoy it y spending time to care that xD

Lvl 7 - Gold

noone sent me a message on psn saying that
    i have about 17 plats i think
    havnt trophy hunted in a long time aswell

also who cares about 100 percent completion most likely it dlc which i dont always buy so i could care less about the 100 percent

PRO Member

People who think Platinums mean no life are very comfortable stereotyping others. In truth, we are all insignificant yet significant in our own way.
    People tell me to be proud of my Platinum collection of 19, but I show them this place, full of great people who balance careers, families and Platinum games far better than I could ever hope to. I'm just a man who struggles with helping my family, doing shows as a ring announcer and fighting the illnesses that have affected me since youth. Gaming helps me unwind and cope with my stress. I'm not a social partyer or a TV watcher, nor was I ever. This is my hobby, my passion. I'm far from the best, but I might as well enjoy it.
    Thankfully, my PSN friends, even those who don't hunt trophies, understand my craft and respect my prowess. Trust me, they wouldn't stay on my list otherwise.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Don't let it get you, your friend is probably just jealous of you, I have a friend who is pretty much the same way, he is always saying stuff like "Stop getting trophies!" Or Geez, another platinum?" and I just tend to ignore him. I mean some people may call me antisocial, I am on my PS3 almost every day, but I also have a full-time job, spend time with my friends and family, take my dogs for walks, or I just simply curl up with a good book or I write while I listen to music. The ironic thing about my friend is lately he has been saying I have no life and HE doesn't have a job and never bothers to look for one, gets everything he wants from his parents and is on his PS3 usually 15 hours a day. Collecting trophies is just a hobby, it's as simple as that, it's no different from who people play sports, card games, or collect things. Just do what makes you happy!

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    I wonder what my PSN friends think of me. I manage to play my PS3 almost all day, maybe 15hrs I think If a person has over a 100 's that expands through years, why are ppl saying he/she has no life? No if he/she gets 100 's in 3 months, then you still have no right to say they have no life. Now, if lose your house, family and cars because you game to much, then you have no life.
    15hours on a ps3 per day!!! U HAVE NO LIFE!!!! thats not a comment or dig its a FACT!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

each to their own

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by stealthkiller22 View Post
    noone sent me a message on psn saying that
    i have about 17 plats i think
    havnt trophy hunted in a long time aswell

also who cares about 100 percent completion most likely it dlc which i dont always buy so i could care less about the 100 percent
    the dlc is usually more grinding or harder trophies so if u dont 100% u either cant be bothered because its too hard or just plain tight

Closing this account

15hours on a ps3 per day!!! U HAVE NO LIFE!!!! thats not a comment or dig its a FACT!!
    lets see I own my house, I keep up with paying child support, I drive a BMW and a Lexus(both are 2009 models), I own a doberman(she has a pedigree), what else, I probably make more money then you in a day then you do in a week. I worked very hard and long hours for 4 yrs so I can have the "NO LIFE" you are claiming I have. My wife has no problems with my gaming, as long as the bills are paid.

Local Drunk

I would have deleted that guy in heartbeat.

I have the opposite problem, people saying "oh you've only got 1 plat why don't you get more?" All I have to say to them is why do care how many plats I have, how does it affect you?

Honestly I couldn't give a flying fuck if you have no plats or every plat for every game that has trophies. It's your choice.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Nope, nothing

lets see I own my house, I keep up with paying child support, I drive a BMW and a Lexus(both are 2009 models), I own a doberman(she has a pedigree), what else, I probably make more money then you in a day then you do in a week. I worked very hard and long hours for 4 yrs so I can have the "NO LIFE" you are claiming I have. My wife has no problems with my gaming, as long as the bills are paid.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

yea for me people say that ive no life for having 19 plats, but then there is the people who ply MW3 24/7 like you said and they are 10th prestige within the game out a couple of days so they cant say nothing, even by getting trophys it shows how skillfull of player you are by getting the diffculty setting trophys, while online everyone has ther good and bad days.

Nope, nothing

Basically what it boils down to at the end of the day is; if someone is having fun playing the PS3 all day, or watching TV, reading, etc. then how is that having no life? I mean, what's the point in life if you aren't enjoying it?

And I leave you with this;

Local Drunk

Seeing as we're friends on PSN, I'll tell you what I think of you. The fact you play that much is fine, actually I can't say that I ever noticed how long you or anyone else in my friends list is online for because it doesn't bother me. Also I think you're a really nice guy who is always good for a laugh and is really easy to talk to

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast