Gaming Headsets

This is a discussion on Gaming Headsets within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Thinking about getting a new Headset for PS3 because my offical PS3 headset is on it's last legs and wondering ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Gaming Headsets

Thinking about getting a new Headset for PS3 because my offical PS3 headset is on it's last legs and wondering what would you all recommend for quality and price?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by pudzybaby2k7 View Post
    Thinking about getting a new Headset for PS3 because my offical PS3 headset is on it's last legs and wondering what would you all recommend for quality and price?
    You've already worn out the official Wireless Headset? Wow!

I was going to recommend the Official Sony headset but, you may need to step up to the Astro A40s: A40 Wireless Systems - Wireless Systems

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    You've already worn out the official Wireless Headset? Wow!

I was going to recommend the Official Sony headset but, you may need to step up to the Astro A40s: A40 Wireless Systems - Wireless Systems
    Looks good, Just my Official headset doesnt show battery level on screen and sometimes when I turn it on it doesnt pick up my voice or the people im talking to dunno why tho... Them speakers u linked do look badass tho, Especially the STDC and UP ones - what is the sound quality of the A40's amazing or what?

Lvl 4 - Silver

I have a turtle beach PX3 and its absolutly amazing.. Any turtle beach is good imo..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelerk12 View Post
    I have a turtle beach PX3 and its absolutly amazing.. Any turtle beach is good imo..
    Yeah I heard the quality on them are pretty sweet but also heard Turtle beaches have a tendancy to break easily

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

Yeah I heard the quality on them are pretty sweet but also heard Turtle beaches have a tendancy to break easily
    Yeah that's the thing with Turtle Beaches, the quality is fantastic (as well as the price) but they break fairly quickly in my experience; they lasted 5 months.

At the moment I have the official headset myself, so I don't know what to suggest. I hear that the A40's are good, as suggested above

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Yeah that's the thing with Turtle Beaches, the quality is fantastic (as well as the price) but they break fairly quickly in my experience; they lasted 5 months.

At the moment I have the official headset myself, so I don't know what to suggest. I hear that the A40's are good, as suggested above
    Might get the new Official PS3 headset to replace current one then look into them A40'

A plat a month!

I have a pair of Turtle Beach PX21s. Its lasted me for about 14 months now (knocks on wood), and is still performing well!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    I have a pair of Turtle Beach PX21s. Its lasted me for about 14 months now (knocks on wood), and is still performing well!
    How much are the PX21's and are they compatible with PC?

A plat a month!

Via Amazon, $62. yes, compatible with the PS3.

Forgot to mention, this is a WIRED headset, not wireless.

Lvl 4 - Silver

PS3 Headset, Universal Headset | Ear Force PX21 | Turtle Beach

There is all you need about the PX21. And I have one myself and I've have it nearly for 2 years. Still works great.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Via Amazon, $62. yes, compatible with the PS3.

Forgot to mention, this is a WIRED headset, not wireless.
    Its ok I would rather it be wired than wireless so dont have to wait for it to charge and thanks for the details

Check Those Corners

I have the original blutooth playstation one lol. Got tape rapped around it so it wont fall apart. I think I need a new one..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    I have the original blutooth playstation one lol. Got tape rapped around it so it wont fall apart. I think I need a new one..
    I think you might be right... hehe I Rememmber my 1st MGS headset it was pretty cool but where you inserted wire to charge it slowty broke port so couldnt insert wire

A plat a month!

Its ok I would rather it be wired than wireless so dont have to wait for it to charge and thanks for the details
    No problem, and I meant to say yes, compatible with the PC

PRO Member

I have the turtle beach PX21's n they work great. game, chat' n bass control plus you get an advantge sound wise on any game you play. $75 Gamestop where i purchased mine 1yr n a half ago
    Awesome work done by Bladia

illegal in 9 countries

Turtie Beach are cheap and nasty. They sound alright for the money, but the build quality is poor.

The next step up is Tritton, then Astro, then Sennheiser or Audio-Technika connected to an Astro MixAmp at the top of the heap. If you're a gaming nut, don't go for trash to save bucks and get a decent headset.

I've got Astro A30's with two MixAmps (wired and wireless) and couldn't be happier. I've had them for 18 months, use them daily and they are beastly. A MixAmp allows you to connect any headset to a PS3 or 360, which is why pro gamers tend to go for high-end Senns or ATs.

I went for the A30's instead of the A40's for the richer bass and smaller footprint - I don't just use them for PS3, but also PC, 360, PSP, Vita, iPhone and iPad gaming and don't want to lug around a huge headset on the go.

The choice simply comes down to a question of cost vs value. If you're prepared to pay at least a couple hundred bucks, go for Astro. If you have less than a hundred to spend, go for Turtle Beach.