Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If God of War Ascension is a "shooter"...

This is a discussion on If God of War Ascension is a "shooter"... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; God of War Shooter Would be like a David and Goliath simulator. It would be funny, though....

Lvl 9 - Gold

God of War Shooter

Would be like a David and Goliath simulator.
    It would be funny, though.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Nothing can be said with confidence. It can be shooter but I hope that it won't.
    Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

While i think the ideas in the original post are actually very good,i will not buy this game if it is a shooter.GOW was not made to be a shooter,it goes against everything i think GOW was made for.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Prayer Warrior

no no no no no no NO NO NO NO just NO!!!!!! god of war has never been nor will it ever be a shooter. just because some leaked photo of a box in a store for pre order says shooter does not mean it's so. it makes no sense what so ever for god of war to be a shooter. whoever is spreading this stupid lie needs to be strung up and beat. the new god of war will not.....I REPEAT.......WILL NOT be a shooter. it will be like all the other god of war games except bigger somehow cause they said this is the most ambitious god of war to date.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

The Bushiest Pig

Wasn't there a GoW styled video a while ago that had like tanks and soldiers? For some reason I rmember seeing some type of video ... I wonder if that was for anything?
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    it will be like all the other god of war games except bigger somehow cause they said this is the most ambitious god of war to date.
    I call bullshit on that until we get some actual proof about how 'big' it'll be and what-not.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    If this is really gonna be a shooter, I have a few ideas on how this could turn amazing.
    • Master of Arms: Since Kratos is going to be just a mortal man this time around, and he won't have the blades, they gotta give him a variety of weapons, like a spear, bow and arrow, etc. A quick-select wheel?
    • Commander.: Since Kratos was once Spartan captain, maybe it could be alike Mass Effect, sending soldiers to locations, ordering them to attack, selecting their weapons, the whole schtick.
    • Spartan Vendettas: If it's going to become a shooter such as they say, multi-player would be a nice addition. Like the Vendettas in The Darkness II, there could be points in the story in which Kratos orders a group of soldiers one way, then the single-player follows his trek, but a co-op campaign could fill in those story points. A co-op multi-player could shine if the gameplay changes drastically like suggested.
    • QTE FTW BBQ: Quick-time events. They are God of War's besterest buddies evar. Seeing Kratos rip fools to shreds via QTE as a petty mortal would be awesome.
    • Monster Mash: God of War is known for large beasties for Kratos to slay. Without them, the game won't feel whole.
    • Amazing Plot: God of War is great because the perfect gameplay melds with a great story. Without a solid narrative, the game will bury itself.
    What do you think?
    The points mentioned are solid and could work to be a great success, kinda of a serious mix of Killzone, arcade style of CoD, and creative weapons from the Resistance series. What people forget is Bioshock is a FPS and its very unique and if GOW was by some weird turn of events a FPS it could work, even though I prefer the hack-n-slash gameplay with QTE's

Resident PHD

Who said he won't have his Blades? Ares gave those to him when he gave his life to Ares, so if this game takes place while Kratos serves under Ares it would make sense he would have the blades.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Who said he won't have his Blades? Ares gave those to him when he gave his life to Ares, so if this game takes place while Kratos serves under Ares it would make sense he would have the blades.
    No one said it, but a picture of the boxart surfaced somewhere on the internet that says it is a shooter, hence the OP's idea. Still, most of us are sure it's fake.

Is it taking place after he becomes Ares' lacky? I thought it took place before that, when he was taking control of the Spartan armies and waging wars against everyone.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Is it taking place after he becomes Ares' lacky? I thought it took place before that, when he was taking control of the Spartan armies and waging wars against everyone.
    As far as we know, it's before, since being Ares' lackey fueled his rage. Maybe it's during. All there is now is a trailer.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 4 - Silver

If they make it into a shooter I will cry.

NSFW

• Amazing Plot
    In a GoW game?... that's not gonna happen... I think the rumors of it being a shooter does have too little ground for it to even really be considered. There is REALLY good chance of it being the same formula which so many people know and love.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

PRO Member

Hayell nah. Interesting post op, but the is no chance in hell GoW would ever be a shooster. That box was the fault of vendor.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Kiwi Defender

As far as we know, it's before, since being Ares' lackey fueled his rage. Maybe it's during. All there is now is a trailer.
    Maybe it's both? You get a taste of what being Leonidas Kratos was like befoore getting the blades, and then you start being Ares' lackey.

Toggle Spoiler

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    That slip was fake, it said God of War 4, yet GoW Ascension is next. So it won't be a shooter, unless they want to piss off their fan base and lose money.
    GoW becoming a shooter would piss me off thats for sure.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12