Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Worst Partner Ever !!!

This is a discussion on Worst Partner Ever !!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I just got my 15th Plat, the game I Plat'd was Ico....God was that a struggle, the trophy i need ...

PRO Member

Worst Partner Ever !!!

I just got my 15th Plat, the game I Plat'd was Ico....God was that a struggle, the trophy i need was Castle Guide (beat the game in under 2hrs)..That F'ing useless Bitch Yorda...

i just wanted to know who was the worst partner that you some how got teamed up with...

My choice would be between:
    Yorda (Ico), Agro (Shadow of the Colossus) and Shiva (Resident Evil 5)..

who is your worst partner ??
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 7 - Gold

I didn't think Agro was too bad, I mean, it'd piss me off when he'd stop running every time I went over rock but other than that, he was cool. Yorda was a pain in the ass though. For that same trophy that you just got I couldn't use some of the tricks suggested because Yorda just would not stop moving.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

PRO Member

Agro wasnt that bad until you got to truely see how bad he was when you fight the 13th Colossi..and it would take time to find agro, get on agro, bring down the colossus and repeat..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Kid, not loser

Hated Yorda. I still want to plat Ico but I also do not want to, just cause of how frustrating she is. Not being sexist here, but she really builds the stereotype of woman being useless(I do not believe this personally).

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Quartercircle Forward.

Probably Lydia (is her name?) in Skyrim. Well, I can't be arsed to change my companion, so she'll suffice for now It feels as if I do all the work most of the time ANd she likes to block doorways

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    That F'ing useless Bitch Yorda...
    Lmao

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    Agro wasnt that bad until you got to truely see how bad he was when you fight the 13th Colossi..and it would take time to find agro, get on agro, bring down the colossus and repeat..
    The 13th colossus was the one that was like a sky worm right? I guess I got lucky with that one. Wherever I landed Agro happened to be right next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Hated Yorda. I still want to plat Ico but I also do not want to, just cause of how frustrating she is. Not being sexist here, but she really builds the stereotype of woman being useless(I do not believe this personally).
    They really went out of their way in that game to make Yorda as useless as possible. And that's not even a joke. Yorda literally could not do anything.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 9 - Gold

Worst partner....hmmm....I'd have to say Sheva from RE5 when playing on Professional. Up to Veteran she was really helpful sometimes despite the poor AI, but on Pro it was impossible to play. Given that you go into "Dying" in just 1-2 hits and have like 5 seconds for your partner to heal you I kept losing because she was always busy doing nothing. Thank goodness my cousin helped me beat Jill, and even so we died like 19 times (the second controller was not working well)

Other than that...

Your Squadmates in Mass Effect 2 also suck sometimes. I'm playing on Insanity and they often consider it a better option to just charge the enemy blindly. They really help with their powers so I usually command them to stand back in a place they can't shoot or move at all and I spam their powers safely.

And....the bots in Left 4 Dead. It's bad enough that they can't use Pipe Bombs/Molotovs/Bile Bombs but sometimes they use pills or adrenaline just to use a medkit 5 seconds later. Or when you are down and instead of killing enemies until it's safe to help you they just try to help you right away, getting hit (and usually incapacitated) in the process. This tends to happen on higher difficulty levels, on easy/normal the game is safe enough to forgive them a couple mistakes.
    Interestingly enough, the Director AI never fails to be effective, yet your teammates....

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    Probably Lydia (is her name?) in Skyrim. Well, I can't be arsed to change my companion, so she'll suffice for now It feels as if I do all the work most of the time ANd she likes to block doorways
    Yeah I don't like Lydia either. On my two playthroughs, I killed her, the first I shouted her and killed her in the Throat of the World (Paathunax is a witness), and the second I made her a sacrifice for one of the Daedric quests.

I never use her anyway.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

sometimes the characters in final fantasy 13-13:2 that dont attack the character i want

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Kid, not loser

Quote Originally Posted by njdog102 View Post
    They really went out of their way in that game to make Yorda as useless as possible. And that's not even a joke. Yorda literally could not do anything.

Yeah Im not trying to be sexist, I know they did it purposely. But sometimes it gets so frustraing you just curse woman all together. Sadly.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

The Deathly Rhythm

Rico from Killzone 2, he run in shootouts and always get downed, he screwed me alot in Elite mode
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

PRO Member

Yeah. I would have to say Agro was nothing compared to Yorda. She's just plain retarded. Yorda's thoughts - "I see you've just gone down this ladder so I'll follow....oh wait, I think I'll just go back up to make it an extra minute or two"

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I can think of a partner that is just beyond stupid & beyond horrible. One word.... BRINK!

The AI is programed to be stupid, they would start a download or hack & right in the middle of either or the AI would stop, run into a corner & shoot at the fucking ceiling for no reason!

Here is another example, your in a gun fight,the AI starts shooting, all of a sudden the AI stops shooting & just stands there & watches you get shot to hell & eventully die!

yet another, Your downed ( last stand ) & finally a medic AI runs up to you, no enemies are around, the AI looks down at you for a few seconds ( now your thinking sweet! I'm gonna get revived ) Ha think again! The AI looks at your pissing blood & the Medic RUNS AWAY to shoot the ceiling in a random corner!

You wanna see bad partner give BRINK a try lol

дурак

Not so much a partner, but a temporary companion in Fallout 3. Sticky. That motherfucker cost me hours of my life trying to finish his quest. He would run off into the distance for no reason. He'd pick fights with super mutants, he'd fall and die somewhere. Just anything stupid you can think of, he's probably done it. I never finished that quest, I shot him. IN THE HEAD.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Not so much a partner, but a temporary companion in Fallout 3. Sticky. That motherfucker cost me hours of my life trying to finish his quest. He would run off into the distance for no reason. He'd pick fights with super mutants, he'd fall and die somewhere. Just anything stupid you can think of, he's probably done it. I never finished that quest, I shot him. IN THE HEAD.
    hahaha headshot, what a way to go. For me its Navi from Ocarina of time. That bitch wouldn't shut up!

A plat a month!

Earth Defense Force, your two squad mates. I often will get blasted by their shotguns lining up a shot or disarm an objective.

Level 5 Esper

every single ally in CoD on veteran yup keep on shooting at air while i do all the work!!
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    sometimes the characters in final fantasy 13-13:2 that dont attack the character i want
    That may be because of their roles...
    If you are Commando and they are Ravager or Saboteur they'll ALWAYS attack your taget. If you AND them are Commando at the same time then they'll ALWAYS attack a target different than yours unless there's only 1 enemy left. And if you switch to their target then they'll start attacking someone else.
    If you are Ravager or Saboteur I think it works the same as Commando, they'll stick to your target unless they're Commando.

It's pretty easy to figure out, and the game even tells you so.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Emma, Metal Gear Solid 2.

"I HATE BUGS!"

Oh really? *Tranq in the face* There, NO MORE BUGS. Now, get your ass on this elevator.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

PRO Member

Damn where to start ? I now it' supposed to be "Worst Companion Ever!" but it's a tie between

Fallout: NV : ED-E.... Could aggro everything within a mile and would pull random disappearing acts. Great as a spare luggage rack.

Zelda: OOT : Navi.... Two words "Hey! Listen!"

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast