Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feeling ripped off by a Platinum

This is a discussion on Feeling ripped off by a Platinum within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok this is a bit of a rant but I kind of feel ripped off by my Rayman Origins . ...

Resident PHD

Feeling ripped off by a Platinum

Ok this is a bit of a rant but I kind of feel ripped off by my Rayman Origins .

Now I got Rayman for the Vita and it fast became not only my favourite Vita game but my favourite 2d platformer of all time. I was taking my time with the game enjoying every level to the fullest. Well yesterday I was out of town on business and I decided I would finally get the All I needed to do was get all the medallions, hidden cages, relics and time trophies for the last world.

I got the hidden cages () and the relics (). I had 4 levels left (2 for medallions and 2 for Time). I decided to go for the time ones first and after a couple of attempts I finally got it (), then Electoon Legend Completed ALL Medallions popped up and then .

It somehow glitched in my favour and gave me the medallion trophy without me getting all the medallions. I felt completely ripped off because I was really enjoying mastering all the levels and slowly earning my way to the plat. I ended up getting the last two medallions anyways (because I wanted to earn my platinum and I love this game) but it just wasn't the same.

So has anyone ever felt like this before (and yes I know platinums glitch all the time...Dark Void but this was different).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

No, never happened to me, so I've never felt that way.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Winter Is Coming

I've never had that happen but like you i'd probably want to finish up the trophy conditions just so i know i could do it

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Lvl 4 - Silver

I wouldn't say I felt cheated out of trophies because I get them a bit early. maybe if it didn't pop up but not for it coming up early, especially if I could do it anyway, just saves me some time of doing something I knew I could anyway. Kind of like collectable trophies, you know you can do them they just waste your time while you go for them

@ Dr_Mayus: do you know that the
    Medallions in rayman origins are actually just the gold medal where you can see the electoons so the trophy for getting all
    Medallions is more for getting every electoon and not for the medal that appears in the upper right. I made the same mistake

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    I wouldn't say I felt cheated out of trophies because I get them a bit early. maybe if it didn't pop up but not for it coming up early, especially if I could do it anyway, just saves me some time of doing something I knew I could anyway. Kind of like collectable trophies, you know you can do them they just waste your time while you go for them

@ Dr_Mayus: do you know that the
    Medallions in rayman origins are actually just the gold medal where you can see the electoons so the trophy for getting all Medallions is more for getting every electoon and not for the medal that appears in the upper right. I made the same mistake
    That is what I thought at first too, but I had 245 out of 246 so I was missing an electoon as well (forgot to mention that in the OP sorry)

Death to zombies!!

I know its not the same but platted Instant Artist the other day, there is a giltch where after you do maze 39 you can redo a earlier one faster to get the trophy for doing all 40. Even after that i still spent a hour doing maze 40 just so i could say i did them all

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 6 - Silver

i wish this could happen to me while i''m playing street fighter lol just kidding still the most important thing that u finished the game played every single mode in it and earned a moderate some rate it as a tough Platinum Congrats !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    i wish this could happen to me while i''m playing street fighter lol just kidding still the most important thing that u finished the game played every single mode in it and earned a moderate some rate it as a tough Platinum Congrats !!
    Thanks, some of the levels were pretty tough to get the time trials but that was what was so fun about the game. There were levels (especially the Teeth levels) where you literally couldn't stop and had to keep running and jumping the whole time. You had to time your jumps so you would jump the cliff/spikes/lava and land on a small piece of land just to jump again and land on another small piece of land, one mistake and you started the whole level over again.

Anyways if anyone hasn't played this game yet (and likes platformers) please pick it up and try it out. I hate the fact that console version already dropped to 29.99 because of poor sales. I know I have personally sold 5 copies of this game (across all platforms) just from talking to customers about it.

Harvester of Souls

I would agree that it would kinda cheat me out of a platinum if that happened. Similar thing happened recently when I was playing Kingdoms of Amalur, need a for killing 50 of these chocobo demons and well I knew I hand't gotten all 50 yet but wasn't finished witht eh DLC when the trophy popped. I had actually just killed a rat when it did and few moments prior had killed one, but it was registering wrong. No way to really tell how many I killed but it was close and still ended up killing another few prolly say about 20 throughout completing. Just odd how it works sometimes.

Srry that happened, but least you were honest to yourself and got it legit too

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

add me to your list Raymon is on the top of my wish list just waiting to finish my games first then get it but studying always gets in the way i'll be picking it up in the summer Max anyways great job m8 keep it up Dr_Mayus !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    I've never had that happen but like you i'd probably want to finish up the trophy conditions just so i know i could do it
    This. I've never had it happen but I would do what you did and meet the requirements anyway. That way I know I earned the . My biggest disappointment would be the surprise ding when the platinum came up. I enjoy waiting those few seconds when I know it's going to pop up on my screen.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    This. I've never had it happen but I would do what you did and meet the requirements anyway. That way I know I earned the . My biggest disappointment would be the surprise ding when the platinum came up. I enjoy waiting those few seconds when I know it's going to pop up on my screen.
    That is what happened. When I got the time trial trophy I thought "Ok get a drink and then try for the last one" then all of a sudden . I literally stopped and just stared for a couple of seconds. I checked my trophy list and sure enough 100%. It was really confusing.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

When i was trying to get my Resistance 2 and only needed the 10,000 online kills trophy, the game starting glitching online... taking my 20 kills in a match and turning it into 150. Everytime i logged off and came back online, whether i played or not it would always add more kills to my total. So when i had only achieved about 4500 kills i got the last trophy because it said i had over 10,000 for some reason. Needless to say I continued and got all 10,000 kills. By the time it was over the online servers said i had 27,000 kills lol. Glitches psh.

Lvl 4 - Silver

The closest I've come was when I got the Plat for Resident Evil 5. At the time I didn't realise that DLC didn't contribute to the plat, so when it popped I wasn't expecting it and thought it was a glitch. I was disappointed because I felt I hadn't earned it.

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Ok this is a bit of a rant but I kind of feel ripped off by my Rayman Origins .

Now I got Rayman for the Vita and it fast became not only my favourite Vita game but my favourite 2d platformer of all time. I was taking my time with the game enjoying every level to the fullest. Well yesterday I was out of town on business and I decided I would finally get the All I needed to do was get all the medallions, hidden cages, relics and time trophies for the last world.

I got the hidden cages () and the relics (). I had 4 levels left (2 for medallions and 2 for Time). I decided to go for the time ones first and after a couple of attempts I finally got it (), then Electoon Legend Completed ALL Medallions popped up and then .

It somehow glitched in my favour and gave me the medallion trophy without me getting all the medallions. I felt completely ripped off because I was really enjoying mastering all the levels and slowly earning my way to the plat. I ended up getting the last two medallions anyways (because I wanted to earn my platinum and I love this game) but it just wasn't the same.

So has anyone ever felt like this before (and yes I know platinums glitch all the time...Dark Void but this was different).
    I don't think that's a glitch since it also did it with my PS3 version... was it the last two levels you needed?

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Buy my book, Alteration

Well nothing like that's happened to me, but I've felt like "They could've tried harder with this list" with some games.

Did you do the Land of the Livid Dead before the last medallions? Maybe they counted the Land of the Livid Dead as an Electoon. I wouldn't know, as I did the Land last in both my PS3 and Vita plats.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Well nothing like that's happened to me, but I've felt like "They could've tried harder with this list" with some games.

Did you do the Land of the Livid Dead before the last medallions? Maybe they counted the Land of the Livid Dead as an Electoon. I wouldn't know, as I did the Land last in both my PS3 and Vita plats.
    I did do it first, maybe that counted I don't know what happened

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I don't think that's a glitch since it also did it with my PS3 version... was it the last two levels you needed?
    I needed the first and last level of the last world (if that makes sense )

Lvl 9 - Gold

So glad you liked the game! It's a beauty isn't it.

And it's funny, I was expecting that the game glitched and DIDN'T give you the trophy at all, not that it gave it to you earlier.
    It has never happened to me, but if it did I don't know if I would get mad. If I really liked the game I would get them all anyway regardless of trophies or not.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

DH
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've never had that happy to me personally but i don't think it would bother me one way or the other.

PSN ID: Devilhunter290
    Big thanks to D1Mech for this signature and avatar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast