Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

[Prediction] Metal Gear Solid 5 Could Be Set in Africa, Star Baby Snake.

This is a discussion on [Prediction] Metal Gear Solid 5 Could Be Set in Africa, Star Baby Snake. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by njdog102 It looks like not too many people are psyched for Rising. Personally, I'm thinking it's going ...

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Quote Originally Posted by njdog102 View Post
    It looks like not too many people are psyched for Rising. Personally, I'm thinking it's going to be awesome.

I still have to get the HD collection but you can't go wrong with more MGS.
    i'm always a sucker for super action pack adventure like rising but i'd just have to wait and see how rising does when released. just ONE problem...i've yet to play MGS4....which kind of sucks for me cause just having trouble finding time for it.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeGR View Post
    i'm always a sucker for super action pack adventure like rising but i'd just have to wait and see how rising does when released. just ONE problem...i've yet to play MGS4....which kind of sucks for me cause just having trouble finding time for it.
    I think that's why I'm looking forward to it. I haven't played Bayonetta but Vanquish was just completely fucking crazy so if Rising is anything like that then I know I'm in for a good time.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by PUDZY08 View Post
    Thank god there will be a MGS5.. That Rising one with raiden is gunna be such a fail
    Glad I"m not the only one thinks Raiden one will be a fail . I just don't like Raiden and that's not MGS >:F least they want to do a REAL MGS though and I can live with both in that case . Can't wait for this and seems be the next-gen Snake EAter which will be amazin!!!

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Change is mediocre

I never understood the appeal of MGS, I tried Portable Ops and hated it, didn't even want to finish the first mission I was so bored. Not sure if the others are better, but I was not impressed with Portable Ops.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Iguess Africa would be a great setting due to the vast mixture of terrain, plus playing as Big Boss would be the smart decision seen as though Raiden isn't that popular and Solid Snakes's story ended with MGS4. I believe that franchise will go on for many years are it is one of the gaming industries biggest.

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I never understood the appeal of MGS, I tried Portable Ops and hated it, didn't even want to finish the first mission I was so bored. Not sure if the others are better, but I was not impressed with Portable Ops.
    Portable Ops was something different all around. ... Definitely don't judge the other games on that one. Least try to pick up the ocllection and play Snake Eater . Would say to play the first one but so outdated don't know how you'd feel. IF have a gamecube, find used copy of Twin Snakes and play it at least lol.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Always room for more Metal Gear, whatever era it's set in.

The bile thrown at Rising is childish, i get it, you think it's awful despite seeing bugger all, don't buy it, ignore and move along, it's the thing that bugs me almost as much as GTA IV bashing.

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Always room for more Metal Gear, whatever era it's set in.

The bile thrown at Rising is childish, i get it, you think it's awful despite seeing bugger all, don't buy it, ignore and move along, it's the thing that bugs me almost as much as GTA IV bashing.
    I feel ya I try to avoid making just comments like that and nothing more, but actually had something to say. All have opinions on things but agree fully if not into something just leave it alone and move on. I don't alwasy follow that myself but still be nice if more people did . I just hate Raiden, but think the game could be fun. Just hate it being at first along the lines of main MGS story. Happy for a five, but unsure how that one will do.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by PUDZY08 View Post
    Thank god there will be a MGS5.. That Rising one with raiden is gunna be such a fail
    Actually, Rising is being developed by a very respectible game developer, Platinum Games. They made Vanquish and Bayonetta, which were two critcally acclaimed games. Saying Rising is gonna be a fail is just dumb. Sure, it is not going to have an awesome Metal Gear story, but that is why it is a spinoff. It is not supposed to be like other MGS games. Here is an example. Final Fantasy 7, one of the most praised jrpgs of all time. It had countless spinoffs made including Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus. IMO niether of these were as good as FF7, but they were tons of fun with some different gameplay. MGS Rising will not be the game all big MGS fans want(including myself)but calling it a fail is just plain stupid.
    P.S. You don't need the giant font.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 7 - Gold

cant wait for the game, no metter where it will take place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12