Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lost my drive for trophy hunting.

This is a discussion on Lost my drive for trophy hunting. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've also have a few games that I wanna Plat but just don't feel like playing. FFXIII, Dead Space 2, ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've also have a few games that I wanna Plat but just don't feel like playing.
    FFXIII, Dead Space 2, BioShock 2, Mass Effect 2....only a few trophies left for each one but in the end I have more fun doing other stuff than forcing myself to play those games.
    I will get back to them one day if I feel like it but it's not really as if it would matter. After all, Plats are supposed to mean dedication and skill (real Plats I mean, not like Hannah Montana and stuff), and I play those games mostly for fun.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Huge Gaming Backlog

I've also gone off it a bit. Work is taking up most of my time.
    Ever since I finished Dark Souls I have been lost with gaming. I was into that game so much I didn't play anything else for ages. I liked it so much no other game since has caught my attention.

I have gone off trophy hunting before but you do get the spark again.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Rainbow in the dark

I've been down this road many times before, my remedy for this is finally playing a long awaited rpg, most currently tales of graces f.. I NEVER play japanese rpg's just for trophies, i play it for fun and helps me snap back to normal
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Game on....

The key is to play games that you know you want to play and will enjoy. Don't play games just to earn trophies. I know your probably thinking that is rich coming from someone with 37 platinum trophies but i have a wide spectrum of genres of games i enjoy. You won't see any plats in my collection that are games i don't enjoy playing.

Retired

I also lost my 'drive' for trophy hunting, I just don't enjoy it as much. I still platinum games, but I'm not going through hell and waste time for it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

It depends on what you are gaming for. If its for fun you will never have a problem.
    I ran into this problem not too long ago, I put games that I couldn't plat aside and moved onto other games. Eventually earned trophies from other games kinda got me back into it. When I earned a few more plats I went back to the games (Mass Effect 2 on Insanity, Dead Nation Morbid Solo, and MW2 Star 69) and got them.
    Maybe you need to just take a break from trying to earn the specific trophies (I know you're going for difficult trophies) and move onto a few other games without focusing on the trophies. Even now I take breaks from my current games to play CoD for awhile or play Dark Souls for abit. On the odd situation I will dust off the ol' PS2 and jam FFXII for awhile. Play something different or take a break for awhile, it always works for me.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Closing this account

I think there really should be an official thread for this. Gaming is suppose to be fun. You have school and work, ok thats 70% of this site. You are making it seem so difficulty. When you feel stressed about work, play a game for a little bit. School got you down, play a little bit of a game. You dont have to play have to be a trophy hunter to enjoy a game but you have to go to work and school. Just balance it out.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Wow, I thought I was the only one experiencing this. I even quit coming to these forums for a while haha.

It all started when I got a full time job... just never have any time - between the job and the household chores and the cooking, showering, etc. Mentally exhausted when I get home and I can't find any time or motivation to plat a game.

I was so looking forward to Arkham City, but it saddens me to realise that I am actually trying to avoid unwrapping the game and playing it because that would mean I NEED to plat it...

But reading through this thread has reminded me that I should be having fun, rather than purely thinking about trophies.

So thank you to everyone in this thread: I'll try to actually enjoy PS3 gaming again for a change and put trophy hunting aside for now.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by brotherfranciz View Post
    Wow, I thought I was the only one experiencing this. I even quit coming to these forums for a while haha.

It all started when I got a full time job... just never have any time - between the job and the household chores and the cooking, showering, etc. Mentally exhausted when I get home and I can't find any time or motivation to plat a game.

I was so looking forward to Arkham City, but it saddens me to realise that I am actually trying to avoid unwrapping the game and playing it because that would mean I NEED to plat it...

But reading through this thread has reminded me that I should be having fun, rather than purely thinking about trophies.

So thank you to everyone in this thread: I'll try to actually enjoy PS3 gaming again for a change and put trophy hunting aside for now.
    The problem is that every game released has trophies and at some point a trophy will pop for doing something relatively easy which requires nothing but simply playing the game. So what i am trying to say is that even the most determined of trophy hunter who wants to put it aside will have a reminder of trophies every so often. Like a drug addict who is locked in a room with one locked window and that window has a drug dealer showing off his merchandise behind it. That drug addict will smash that window...

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    It happens, just play for fun. & do your usual thing outside of gaming like school / life.
    & maybe when school / work is less stressful & you have more time it'll come back.
    ^^ THIS. Completely agree. Just game for fun and don't worry about them. And if decided to start collecting again, then go for it . Still stay here for help on some games and help other gamers if need be, but deal with your RL first before gaming.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12