Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lost my drive for trophy hunting.

This is a discussion on Lost my drive for trophy hunting. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Between school and work, I hate the thought of sitting there wasting hours grinding for pointless collectables or aiming for ...

PRO Member

Lost my drive for trophy hunting.

Between school and work, I hate the thought of sitting there wasting hours grinding for pointless collectables or aiming for things that I have no interest in. For the past couple months I've felt this way, and my (already huge) backlog keeps getting bigger. I have games that I've played for an hour or two (and did enjoy), and a few still unopened.

There are some games like Enslaved, which I really enjoyed and that I'm almost done with, except for collectable orbs/masks and a few tasks. Bioshock 2 is another, which all I have left to do is grind the MP for exp to get the level trophies. NGS2 (need to find a good partner to complete the last 2 or 3 missions) and Vanquish (challenge 6, which I've almost beaten numerous times. I can always get to the last wave, and a couple times I've been a bullet or two away from winning, but haven't been able to) are two other games that I'm 99% done with. I just haven't been able to muster up the strength to actually force myself to go at them.

I still have the urge and desire for trophies, but I'm having difficulty forcing myself to waste the time for this pointless crap in them. I don't know the best way to go about this, because I would like to finish them.
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

дурак

Just play games for fun. Eventually the motivation just might come back. The whole point of gaming is to have fun, if you aren't having fun getting trophies, than don't.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

It happens, just play for fun. & do your usual thing outside of gaming like school / life.
    & maybe when school / work is less stressful & you have more time it'll come back.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

I had the same prob a few months back. I had a 2-3month break from serious hunting and just played MW3 for fun and now after my break i gt my mogo back lol.
    Last edited by Kengriff; 04-22-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Sig by: DaRe_xLw Avy by: Dsluckay

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Before i played SSX i would play a game until i got the plat then move on.SSX has made me realise a little that it isnt about trophies and to just have fun.I got the plat a bit ago and im still playing the game because it is great fun.Dont get me wrong,i like trophies but a key factor is to always have fun.So dont worry about getting trophies mate,just have gun like games were originally intended for

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Like others have already stated gaming is all about having fun. For some, earning trophies and/or platinum hunting is fun. If you're no longer having fun then it's all good and you should do something you enjoy. You may say it's a waste of time, but it isn't any different than someone sitting on the couch watching TV all day or reading or etc. Perhaps take a break or play a game without trophies so that you experience fun again

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

you could always try playing something silly / easy and what not...like cars o rama or something idk. you may have lost your motivation from constant failure as youve pointed out. not being able to earn a trophy uve worked so hard foris very dispiriting. so perhaps being able to just have fun, mess around, and earn some simple platinums might help you out. but again, theres always the super long break that you can take.

PRO Member

That's the problem. I've been putting them off for over 7 months now and have just been playing to have fun. I can't seem to get back into it.

It's starting to drive me nuts, but each day I sit down and play something else.
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

Check Those Corners

Remember, enjoy and have fun. Eventually they WILL come back. Trust me. It could take more time.

PRO Member

i know the feeling x( im in the same boat............. work full time & its hard to find time wanting to get trophies like how i use to...........
    and plus i dont hunt just any trophies..... i use to hunt trophies/Plats that are worth hunting.......... idk, just saying i know how you feel........

Winter Is Coming

Does it matter if you don't get back into trophy hunting? If you don't enjoy it anymore then just don't do it, play for fun. If it comes back then great but if it doesn't then it shouldn't be a problem.

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Prayer Warrior

first and foremost games are a form of entertainment and should be enjoyed to the fullest. if grinding trophies is messing up you experience then don't do it. just play for the fun of games. that's what i do is just play for the fun and sometimes it's fun to get plat and sometimes it's not. so that's how i decide if i go for plat or not is if i'm having fun the WHOLE time or not.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's become pointless and it takes a chunk of your actual life away. Why keep on grinding too many hours for worthless numbers when I can grind hours for $$$?

Just saying.

Don't force yourself into it. Either you retire from it or you wait and try doing it all over again.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by KimimaroX View Post
    That's the problem. I've been putting them off for over 7 months now and have just been playing to have fun. I can't seem to get back into it.

It's starting to drive me nuts, but each day I sit down and play something else.
    Than you have mostly likely lost your interest in trophy hunting. Again, just have fun.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Regional Manager of War

If trophy hunting isn't fun anymore I guess its time for a break or go back to the old days and just play the game for fun and ignore the trophy list. I was in the same position almost a year ago but all I did was play a easy game like Terminator, or fun games like LittleBigPlanet and Cabella's Outdoor Adventures. Eventually trophy hunting came back to me in 3-4 weeks and I never looked back

PRO Member

I'm really busy with work and I don't play PS3 at all man, it just feels unproductive with the amount of work I have, but in a few months when my work load lightens and I get my giant holiday, I'll be back on it, haven't played in 1 month and that was only for 1 night, b4 that it had been 4 months , just do what you heart desires

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 5 - Silver

This usually happens to me when I'm anticipating a game. I lose all interest in all the games I have until I play the one the I've been waiting for. The more and more you think of a game as a chore then you lose all interest in gaming.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by KimimaroX View Post

lol I thought to myself what game could it be to get you pissed off.. Then I saw your last game is NG3!
    The glitches and BS in that game are really fucking annoying!

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I am in your mood a little bit as well. I've been buying more games then I can play and I already have a back log of over a hundred and I just bought a whole bunch from Rogers Video cause they're selling their rental section BOGO so I got Rayman Origins and Lego Harry Potter 5-7 for $20 but I actually got them for free cause I had star reward points that I need to use up and I also got Battlefield 3, Driver, Tekken Hybrid, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Tin tin and Happy Feet 2 on blu ray for free cause of my points I saved up and I've just bin in this kinda funk cause I don't have the time I used to to just sit down and enjoy playing a game and not worry about having to cook and clean and also other household priorities. But I gotta say Rayman Origins has helped me to just sit down and enjoy gaming again I just lose myself in that game and I love it. I would just listen to all the other advise that's been posted on this thread and apply it and don't worry about trophies and just relax and play. I used to worry about certain trophies and I just hated gaming but now I just play them till I beat it and if I'm close to a plat then I'll try to get it if not if I like the game I'll keep it if not then I'll get rid of it.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Well I got in that mood last year about this time and I moved on to World of Warcraft (don't really recommend something as addicting as WoW lol) but now I'm starting to get in the mood to hunt trophies again. Just take a break, or just play the games without caring about trophies. Maybe earning trophies will interest you again maybe it won't but really isn't the reason we go after trophies is to have fun?
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast