Alternate Trophies.

This is a discussion on Alternate Trophies. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi there people of Earth. I have this little idea, alternate trophies. Let's say your one trophy away from a ...

Retired

Alternate Trophies.

Hi there people of Earth.

I have this little idea, alternate trophies. Let's say your one trophy away from a platinum, but the trophy is glitchy/annoying. You can get another trophy instead of it, but ONLY if you have enough trophies, for example, (Trophy name) - Kill 1000000000 monsters. You may find that too long and annoying, you have the ability to switch it to another new trophy if only you have the amount of trophies (that must be stated in the description or when you press triangle or something like that).

This is just an idea, agree, disagree? Discuss.

Lvl 4 - Silver

To be honest I don't think that would be too wise... If it's glitchy enough I'm pretty sure it would get patched eventually. But for annoying... I know what you mean but it wouldn't be a great idea to able to change it. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm Possible.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Game on....

Here are a few updates to trophies i would like to see:

1) To be able to remove games from a trophy list. (Email confirmation required to avoid account hacking and removing all your plats)

2) A quicker trophy upload function.

3) Upon earning the plat, a free theme or PSN avatar from the PS store for that specific game.

4) A more detailed and faster compare trophy function.

5) A showcase platinum trophy function to put one plat of your choice into.

I don't agree with your trophy switching because it would make hardcore plats obtainable for gamers who don't want to put the effort it to obtain it.

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post

1) To be able to remove games from a trophy list. (Email confirmation required to avoid account hacking and removing all your plats)

3) Upon earning the plat, a free theme or PSN avatar from the PS store for that specific game.

I don't agree with your trophy switching because it would make hardcore plats obtainable for gamers who don't want to put the effort it to obtain it.
    This, very much this.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I think #4 would be really good. Sometimes the loading time for trophy lists are ridiculous.

As to the op I don't know how it would work. Mass Effect 3 just kind of did something similar in a way. Some of the trophies could be earned in either the multiplayer or through the singleplayer, which was a great option for those who don't have access or simply don't like the online aspect.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Regional Manager of War

I agree with all 5 points especially the first one. if only I can remove the three games that plague my list

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by njdog102 View Post
    As to the op I don't know how it would work. Mass Effect 3 just kind of did something similar in a way. Some of the trophies could be earned in either the multiplayer or through the singleplayer, which was a great option for those who don't have access or simply don't like the online aspect.
    I think it would be like that "either or" aspect, which I enjoyed the freedom of choice of.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Quartercircle Forward.

Some nice ideas in here... I think what I would really love to see is:

Some free content whenever you get a platinum trophy. Like a free game-related avatar or theme. That would be really cool, similar to what Timeless mentioned.
    Trophy stats on SEN itself. Likes a percentage next to each trophy that shows you how many people have that trophy. But I guess none of these are going to happen any time soon..

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Harvester of Souls

Could be cool but would just end up messing up platinums and their value as if that isn't already diminished. Do like some of those ideas from Timeless, but point of gaming isn't really the trophies.. should be the games themselves. Why remove anything from it though I wouldn't mind so myself.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yes. This exactly. Couldn't agree more.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Platinum Procrastinator

No need to post anymore as this covers it. However, I'll add onto number three by saying the same thing applies to earning 100% of the trophies for a game that doesn't have a platinum trophy, ie Journey. I'd love to get some Journey avatars.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Rainbow in the dark

Some kind of reward for your effort other than a plat would be brilliant
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Exactly as Timeless puts here. I'd especially love number 1 to rid my list of some games I started, but didnt finish due to extreme grinding (Warhawk, Lost Planet 2) or I just didn't like them. Number 1 would be the only way I would ever get a Perfect Plat Streak. Number 3 would also be very cool, get a kind of prize for finishing it.

As for the Original Post, I don't agree, the developers made the game a certain way, some games are meant to be difficult, some are not. It just would not be fair to people who have earned super hard platinums, for them to be diminished by such a feature. And I dont believe there is really any point.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i think they should do something about the trophies that are no longer obtainable due to online servers being shutdown.