Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Top 10 Franchises that must Die

This is a discussion on Top 10 Franchises that must Die within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I never understand the point of these lists. If there is enough people out there that still enjoy a type ...

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I never understand the point of these lists. If there is enough people out there that still enjoy a type of game, or series enough, that it brings them enjoyment and is profitable for the creators - why the heck stop?

Just more shoddy opinions on disliking things that other people don't understand, or want to bash to appear cool by going against the grain. But hey, let's post articles that degrade the industry, and promote closure of games that sell extremely well, create jobs in the industry, and bring enjoyment to an installed and loyal fan base with each release because it's the cool thing to do.

Gotta love these pieces, and their shitty elitism. Nintendo and it's amount of representation in the list alone, shows how biased and idiotic the stance taken is.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Rainbow in the dark

I agree with everything on that list except DBZ, I WILL FOREVER CONTINUE TO BUY THIS GAME... EVERY SINGLE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! F.CK YOU

As for final fantasy, im a huge HUGE fan, FF13-2 was enjoyable but come ON, go back to the original or....

sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 7 - Gold

I am gonna post my own list. Here ya go.

Top 5 that need to go:

1. Call of Duty
    2. NBA 2K
    3. Street Fighter
    4. Angry Birds
    5. Farmville

Top 5 that need to come back:

1. Star Wars Battlefront
    2. Guitar Hero
    3. Spyro
    4. Prince of Persia
    5. Smuggler's Run

Kal
    Lvl 4 - Silver

NO! Halo, Shouldn't Die.
    Kingdom Hearts, Shouldn't Die.
    Final Fantasy, Shouldn't Die.
    And Lego Games, are so fucking bad ass.

The One and Only

I'm surprised Need for Speed isn't on that Top 10 list (even though I don't have it in me to agree that it does), or did alot of people already started forgetting about the series? :/

I agree with most of them, but some of them I've never played one of them so I wouldn't be able to form an opinion about it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Lego games are good. Should keep making them.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by oogadebob View Post

Toggle Spoiler

Agree with most...
    I agree with most of those.

However, I love the LEGO games. Even if they weren't easy 's, I'd still play them.

I'd like to see the Madden series continue, but without exclusive rights. They'll be better for it in the long run. Competition breeds creativity.

The Final Fantasy series needs to get back to its roots and what made it great. FFX was the last good one IMO.

Angry Birds.....well...I agree that it needs to stop....but I'm so damn addicted to it......
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

The only sane person here

The lego games just badly suck.

Legend...Nuff Said

I agree with none of them for the simple reason why? Why should they go away? For every hater saying it should die, there is a lover saying 'where is my next fix?' I hate Halo with a passion, but it was a good game and if they can make a Halo 4 why not? I love Dynasty Warriors and until Streets of Rage or Final Fight gets a proper sequal, its the only button masher we have.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Agree with most of them..

Sports games will always been necessary for gaming, so those franchises can't been touch, but improved is what we need on them. And yeah some competition brands for Madden in that example could be better for genre.... I pretty much believe that EA is f*ckin video games

the other games some they are just unnecessary milked, agree with Halo, Final Fantasy, stupid nonsense angry birds and lego games, I will add God of War now, but some others are defintly no longer needed, like those dancing games.... music games in general...

Call of Duty what needs its to improve a lot and make something different, they could have a good story, but they need a huge impact with new stuff, and by new stuff I don't mean a new weapon or a new killstreak award or a new cool map with a certain multiplayer game style...NO, what it needs is changes for good in the engineering of the game, the mechanics, the content, and a lot of stuff that make the mw1 & 2 shooters of the year... otherwise we will have the eternal shitty battle between this and Battlefield, as it is with for example FIFA and PES.

cheers

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Halo should never die. And other than CoD I've never played either of the others listed so they can die all they want

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

PRO Member

I stick with my previous response...but I will go as far as to add Metal Gear, the story of snake and big boss is over...now that Raiden is getting his own over the top game, and I (don't quote me) remember hearing in an interview with Kojima, that he would like to make a game based on the Boss, taking place in Normandy...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Legendary...Nuff Said

I agree with most of these. Especially something like Halo.

I may also say that God of War should be included in that list, or at least my own. It's had two PSP spin-offs, 3 games under the actual main story arc, two HD remakes, and now they're making a fourth installment that's acting as a prequel... Though we've already had a prequel to the series in Chains of Olympus.

Additionally, a game such as Assassin's Creed might have an honorable mention simply because it doesn't need to be milked as much as it has. A trilogy is enough, and the official Assassin's Creed III looks fantastic, but both Brotherhood and Revelations felt like half-assed games that shouldn't have been there. I really loved Assassin's Creed II because of the massive amounts of improvements made, but after that the series went downhill. Features were added that were unneeded and stupid (yes, I'm looking at you, makeshift tower defense and brotherhood assassins to do already easy work for you) and others that could have been further improved weren't. Additionally, as innovative as the multiplayer is, AC should've stayed a singleplayer experience.

I could go ahead and name a bunch of franchises that are getting stale, but they don't need to die just yet so long as they remain innovative.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Crocodile Hunter

I think FF should die, they are overrated

Sig by Apokolypz

Check Those Corners

I say even though I play them, die madden and hello 2K football! Call of dutys are similar but fun, and halo should have been fucking dead in 2010!

Trophy Huntin'

There are a few on that list i disagree with. I really don't think that Halo, Dynasty warriors, or DBZ need to die I really think that instead of that, God of War needs to die. Yes, i love god of war. But they really don't need to be making another one. They've done plenty. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't played, but Kratos's story is over. Why do we have to go back to when he wasn't a god. The story has already been told in between the other games. Not to mention there are several unnecessary psp titles in the lot as well.

Also COD should've been #1.

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

Lvl 4 - Silver

YES!!!!!!!! they definitely need to kill the COD series, but i don't mind LEGO games, what they need to do is make more Jak and Daxter games

and to the user above "kill god of war", shame on you, you are no PlayStation fan, get out of here!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would replace the lego series with the sims. Lego is one of those fun games I can actually get my wife to play with me, since she finds them cute.

Trophy Huntin'

Quote Originally Posted by canadian94eh View Post
    YES!!!!!!!! they definitely need to kill the COD series, but i don't mind LEGO games, what they need to do is make more Jak and Daxter games

and to the user above "kill god of war", shame on you, you are no PlayStation fan, get out of here!!
    Like I said, i love god of war. It's an excellent game. But do we really want them to kill a whats already an amazing franchise in order to milk it for more money?

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

Lvl 3 - Bronze

A lot of those franchises have been milked like cows. As for FF they should just continue making the next game not do spin-offs or sequals. There was never a sequal to any of the other games until FF X-2 came along. As for COD I don't play them and wouldn't mind if they died. All those do is drive down the sales numbers of games that come out around that time or kill new ips just releasing. The Lego games can't really say too much because I enjoyed Lego Rockband and enjoyed the extra songs added to my library. Kingdom Hearts needs to get back on track as everyone has said and release the HD collections and KH3. As for sports there will always be a need for the sports but 2K needs to release a football game tro comepete with Madden and burst EA's bubble. DDR for the ps3 was just unbearable and in my opinion has alrerady died. *sigh* Now onto Halo. The motto for 2007 and Halo 3 was "Finish the fight" then why the heck do we get 4, 5, and 6?. Not to mention Reach, ODST, and a re-release of the first Halo. I have noticed that the biggest franchises that need to die arn't on the list. Those would be from Nintendo but if Nintendo's franchises did die then so would Nintendo as a company.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast