Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After Plat'd, How long before you play again..

This is a discussion on After Plat'd, How long before you play again.. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; is it just me or have the trophies been a gift and a curse...a Gift because they push you skills ...

PRO Member

After Plat'd, How long before you play again..

is it just me or have the trophies been a gift and a curse...a Gift because they push you skills to the limit and make to you truely expernice the game..

A curse because, it may just be me, but i feel like once you Plat a game you kinda lose interest in and takes forever to gain the drive to play it again...

Does anyone else feel the same..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I definitely feel the same way, once I plat a game, I rarely play it again.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

after i the game i get rid of it. going to college next year and their is too many games and too little time. gotta keep pushing forward

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Check Those Corners

I dont have any..so..lol

PRO Member

Depends on the game, some I plat but haven't finished everythingin terms of my other goals (mult difficulty settings, collections not required for plat, finding every easter egg in the game, etc) for I may have had for the game, therefore I keep playing it. Others depending on how much I liked the game, and when I get the desire to play again, dictates when I play the game again. Then again there are also the rare few games, that I hold off on plat until I get everything accomplished that I want to...

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Buy my book, Alteration

If it's a game that has multi-player me and my sisters can play, it normally pops back in. Mostly I lose interest though. Sad, because I have games I really love, but after plat, never seem to play.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

You weak azz niggs

Stuff like fighting games I'll play again. Only certain other titles I'll play again, like Batman or something like that.

Trophy Huntin'

I usually keep most of my games, regardless of plat or not. The only way I sell my game is if I really didn't like it or if I got that tired of it. I sold my Uncharted Drake's Fortune after playing it through 3 and a half times. Now I kinda regret it. But it does in fact take me a while to play the game again. But it also depends on how much i liked the game

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

Regional Manager of War

Games like Batman Arkham City, LittleBigPlanet, and Uncharted 2 I still play because even after the plat I still want more from those games. Basically certain games hit the shelf indefinitely when others stay by my tv to be played 1-3 times a week

Lvl 6 - Silver

If I've got the it means I would have played the shit outta the SP so I rarely go back to that. Only thing that keeps me playing is if there is a killer MP like Uncharted 2

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 3 - Bronze

After plat, I play MP or if there is DLC with trophies I go back and buy the DLC then get 100%.

The One and Only

Some games I go back to even after the :platinum, and some games I may play a few times after it and never play again. It really just depends on how much I enjoyed that game before I platted it.

LBP2 and Burnout are a couple examples of games I still play and platted a while ago.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Closing this account

If it's a sports game, I dont stop until I get to the top of my career and then I let it go.

Legend...Nuff Said

Nope, its done. I get burnt out of it completely, and really what else is there to do once its platted? Just play the game? Thats so 2007.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

Nope. It's not just you, but it aint my style. I always go back to the faves. Even PS2 games. I play them because they're fun but the trophies are a nice added bonus. I also enjoy collecting really awesome games. I used to have gamefly (wish I still did) but found myself buying games every other one, so I cancelled that and I'm back to buying my games. I will always go back and play a game after I've platinum'd it unless I either don't own it anymore or it was bad...only a few I have that fit the latter. Happy gaming

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Nope, its done. I get burnt out of it completely, and really what else is there to do once its platted? Just play the game? Thats so 2007.
    Yeah, playing games for fun is so 2007. It's not like we're back in those dark days anymore. :stare:

Platinum Procrastinator

Honestly, I don't know if I've gone back and played any of my games after I've got the platinum trophy for them with the exception of Battlefield 3. Its not that I dislike a lot of the games. Just that I have a huge backlog of games I want to get to so I'm always moving onto something else.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 9 - Gold

yeah im the same once patt'd i will rarely or never go back even for dlc so i sell them, unless there is a killer mp, the game is epic (ie batman ac mortal kombat) or if i bought the collectors ed.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Yeah, playing games for fun is so 2007. It's not like we're back in those dark days anymore. :stare:
    I play RPGs mostly and there isn't many good stories out there anymore. If it wasn't for trophies I'd be done with alot of games in ten minutes since the stories are not very interesting.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

It depends on the game, but fighting game i can play it anytime after the plat or tps like Uncharted 3 Resident Evil 5 i play it alot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast