PS3 Syncing question

This is a discussion on PS3 Syncing question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey, I need some help with a possible problem. I just started up Mercenaries 2 and apparently the game is ...

Legend...Nuff Said

PS3 Syncing question

Hey, I need some help with a possible problem.
    I just started up Mercenaries 2 and apparently the game is unplattable if you went online before trophies came out. How or why I don't know. Anyways, apparently I did that so years ago online is locked out.
    I had an idea of making a new PSN account to try and see if I can log into the servers. So my question is, is it possible to get the online trophies with a secondary PSN account, not sync them to it, and then sync those trophies to my main account?
    If so, how would I do that?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

You can't as you'd have unlocked them on the other account. Thought that was pretty obvious though

illegal in 9 countries

You can't sync trophies between PSN ids, but there may be a solution to your Mercs 2 online problem.

I could be wrong, but I don't see how the PSN id is connected to the server access. The Game Data and Save Game on the other hand, will be.

Delete the old game data and save, if you have still them and start again from scratch. I believe you need to use another old EA PS3 title like Mirror's Edge, Burnout Paradise (disc version) or Bad Company 1 to accept the EA Terms and Conditions, then bang in the Mercs 2 disc and the servers should work for you.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    You can't sync trophies between PSN ids, but there may be a solution to your Mercs 2 online problem.

I could be wrong, but I don't see how the PSN id is connected to the server access. The Game Data and Save Game on the other hand, will be.

Delete the old game data and save, if you have still them and start again from scratch. I believe you need to use another old EA PS3 title like Mirror's Edge, Burnout Paradise (disc version) or Bad Company 1 to accept the EA Terms and Conditions, then bang in the Mercs 2 disc and the servers should work for you.
    The old data is on my older system, and I'm playing this for the first time in years on my newer system.
    Yeah, I saw that trick in the guide but I don't have an old EA game from back then. Although maybe I should try Godfather 2, that one might work.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Til Death Do Us Part

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    The old data is on my older system, and I'm playing this for the first time in years on my newer system.
    Yeah, I saw that trick in the guide but I don't have an old EA game from back then. Although maybe I should try Godfather 2, that one might work.
    I think that The Godfather won't work as they closed the servers for it? Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I saw that on a thread on here a while ago. If this is true, then try to get another game and see if that would work.

EDIT: Here's the list I was telling you about. And the Godfather's on there too

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/pl...e-servers.html

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I think that The Godfather won't work as they closed the servers for it? Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I saw that on a thread on here a while ago. If this is true, then try to get another game and see if that would work.

EDIT: Here's the list I was telling you about. And the Godfather's on there too

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/pl...e-servers.html
    Damn, had the date wrong. Well that sucks...thanks for the info so far everyone.

L
    Til Death Do Us Part

Check Those Corners

thats why I dont buy ea shit besides madden.. they shut servers down in like a year after released. sorry man, cant help ya.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Use 1 of these 4 games and download the patch and agree to the terms of service, than switch to mercinaries 2 to get online.

Need For Speed Carbon
    The Orange Box
    Medal Of Honour: Airborne
    Battlefield Bad Company 1
    These 4 games have been confirmed to work, there may be others but these are your safest bet

The reason you cannot get online is because EA changed the Terms of Service/Terms and Conditions without telling anyone and didn't patch in the new ones to Mercinaries 2.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs