Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Adam Sessler (Now Kevin From AOTS) Leaves G4

This is a discussion on Adam Sessler (Now Kevin From AOTS) Leaves G4 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well I guess it's all downhill for G4. Oh well....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well I guess it's all downhill for G4. Oh well.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just watched what ended up being his final episode. It's a shame that Sessler is gone, since he was hosting the show years before G4 even existed. Now Morgan Webb is the only connection left with the real TechTV.

I hadn't watched much of G4 after the way TechTV was killed after the merger. But when I got G4 HD last year, I started watching X-Play and AOTS. There's nothing else worth watching on there. I remember when TechTV was one of my go to channels, because they usually had something worth watching, including 6 hours of live programming daily. Hell, I remember watching their 9/11 coverage because that was the channel I had on when I woke up.

G4 has been up for sale for years. Comcast has wanted to sell it, especially after DirecTV dropped the channel. There were rumors that the WWE was going to buy it and use it to launch the WWE Network. That could still happen, especially if WWE still plans on launching it this year.

Kal
    Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ps360 View Post
    ninja warrior
    WHO EVER SAiD THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH NINJA WARRiOR D:<

Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!

His hair exited before he did...

Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    There were rumors that the WWE was going to buy it and use it to launch the WWE Network. That could still happen, especially if WWE still plans on launching it this year.
    I've seen that Legends House may go to SyFy...

PRO Member

Its kinda funny, but if you are saying G4 just lost their only good journalist and will now die a painful death... Then G4 has been of life-support for awhile now.

Adam Sessler is a good dude and all, but he isn't really a high calibur journalist.

He is capable of succumbing to the same problems of injecting his own agenda, bending facts/wording, etc to get his point across. He is more of an editorial-ist/opinion-writer than a true journalist.

Its really the truth of the entire profession right now, 97% of what we call journalism is opinion-pieces, agenda-platforms, or ratings-grabs. I've made jokes before about it (like the fact that the BBC is the only reliable source of info in the Trayvon Martin case), but it really is a sad reality that we are calling guys like Adam Sessler journalists or taking most of what is on the news seriously anymore.

This is why I take pretty much everything reported by any news outlet with a grain of salt and constantly seek out unedited source material.

I'll get off my "soapbox," it just struck me in a negative way you call this guy a journalist.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Harvester of Souls

In all honesty, I never watched the channel as is now.. but fact that I was always entertained by Sessler and him leaving will give me no reason to really go back to it. Except to watch Ninja Warrior and those types shows if they still come on, but lost interest so yup. As far as how good a journalist or opinion-writer, whatever you wanna call him, he was.. doesn't matter. More just a fan of his and regardless what he does, all I care about.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm not really surprised reading this, G4 isn't really worth watching now (or has been since the mid 00's). I just see G4 as SpikeTV jr.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well.... Goodbye Adam... I have to admit I did think you were kinda funny back in the day when I used to watch your show on TechTv... Back when Morgan was still hot...

the only show I liked really was the tech support one where people would call in and talk about computers.. the host was a curly haired guy with glasses, I actually forgot and can't find the name on the net so if anyone remembers ill give you rep...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Whats this Unbeatable Banzuke, you have me interested in it?
    They do a bunch of different things, but it's almost the same as Ninja Warrior. I think they only play it during the morning though.

Here's an example of one of the things they do.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    They do a bunch of different things, but it's almost the same as Ninja Warrior. I think they only play it during the morning though.

wow the 13 year old did very well for his age but that bus driver ran that obstacle over pretty fast. That was impressive

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post

haha that kid got schooled... I like the skateboarding ones..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I agree with most on this post dont care for him kinda thought he sucked, so does chris gore or what ever his name is and his lame dvd reviews.I miss the olivia munn days

INTJ

G4 - twice the rotting corpse half the calories

Kevin Pereira Is Leaving Attack of the Show, G4 | WebProNews

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    G4 - twice the rotting corpse half the calories

Kevin Pereira Is Leaving Attack of the Show, G4 | WebProNews
    You've got to wonder what's going on over at G4 now. I didn't care for Adam, but I did like Kevin during the short period I had G4 TV.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Death is Awaiting....

G4 is officially going down the shitter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

INTJ

remember me guys

remember when i was good

PRO Member

I did enjoy G4 back in the day as I would hang at my friends place and we would all watch it while playing D&D (looooool) It's sad to see him leave, but I guess they need to make way for newcomers as everything does.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I did enjoy G4 back in the day as I would hang at my friends place and we would all watch it while playing D&D (looooool) It's sad to see him leave, but I guess they need to make way for newcomers as everything does.
    Yea lets run reruns of cops thats what gamers and our demographic likes right

more G4 Nostalgia

Saints Row IV

I dont watch G4 anyway.......but i heard really bad words about him...hope more people start watching again
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast