Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Weekly Interviews Sign-Up Thread

This is a discussion on Weekly Interviews Sign-Up Thread within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I dont get why people makes drama about someone who wants to make something good for the community ? I ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I dont get why people makes drama about someone who wants to make something good for the community ?
    I am indeed, not the biggest forum poster on this site, and many people like me like to come around to read interesting articles without being very very active.
    In such, why not hearing what those kind of people have to say ? You dont have to be the pure ps3trophies member with 1000 forum posts and some rights and rewards on the site to be someone interesting ..

Trophy Guide Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by DjusPS View Post
    I dont get why people makes drama about someone who wants to make something good for the community ?
    I am indeed, not the biggest forum poster on this site, and many people like me like to come around to read interesting articles without being very very active.
    In such, why not hearing what those kind of people have to say ? You dont have to be the pure ps3trophies member with 1000 forum posts and some rights and rewards on the site to be someone interesting ..
    In no way is anyone saying that. What is being discuss is how someone who gets an interview should be someone who is helpin the site and the community, not just some new comer who is doing nothing but spammin.

If someone wants to make new members feel involved and welcomed, then do a new member interview, though there are new members almost every day and could be a task to do them.
    K? Thanks

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    You have the choice to read it, or not read it.
    I think this is all that has to be said, apart from the fact that you should ask In2 for his permission.

Other than that, if you don't like/know the member being interviewed, then don't read it. There is no need to get butthurt over not being chosen for an interview.

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Who was asking about it, mate?

I was ....

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Lvl 5 - Silver

No one said they were starting anything up. Someone made a thread saying how they would like to see it back because they saw them before. Someone mentioned In2 was the person who did them before the site had to be rebooted. But In2 never mentioned anything in the thread at all.
    Jack Krauser said 'maybe' he should take it under his wing (he was the one who started the thread liking to see them back) but he said it in such a way that it could be meant as a joke.
    I wasnt joking when i said i was thinking of taken the interview under my wing and start them back up i was being serious..

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Retired Staff Member

I'm up for this.
    I don't have many posts or such under my belt, but before THE EVENT I was a moderator, started the Game Nights, had a group specifically for co-op gaming, made (hilarious) signatures, and generally had a good time.
    Currently I do social media for the site, and I'm working with Break and Sub behind the scenes on some potential things. If this type of thing would be interesting to the community, I'd be down.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Be prepared to get a lot of shit from some members when you'll start the interviews. I thought In2 did a pretty good job on the interviews and I enjoyed most of them, but there were always members who were butthurt because they didn't get interviewed or making some drama because they didn't find the person/interview to be interesting.
    I honestly say I didn't like all interviews that much (some were great to read and others were meh), just depends on the person and the answers given, but at least I won't be a troll and just move on when I don't like the read. Others however feel the urge to start some drama. Problem is you can never satisfy everybody here.

The only thing I don't like is that persons have to ask for themselves for an interview. Feels a bit awkward, but that's just my opinion. Maybe the members here can say some names of who they would like to see an interview with. Not like nominations and counts and all, but just to get an idea of members who're active and known with the community.

Good luck though when you'll start them and I will definitely read and respond if I like the interview.

That said, I really miss the artistic interviews done by L33 (renegdr). They should definitely come back!
    I second that totally agree xD

Retired Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    I second that totally agree xD
    This is the gaming community. Someone is bound to be butthurt no matter what you do.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    This is the gaming community. Someone is bound to be butthurt no matter what you do.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious View Post
    In no way is anyone saying that. What is being discuss is how someone who gets an interview should be someone who is helpin the site and the community, not just some new comer who is doing nothing but spammin.If someone wants to make new members feel involved and welcomed, then do a new member interview, though there are new members almost every day and could be a task to do them.
    There is a huge gap between a new comer and someone whi does help the site.I found myself in between as many others

Trophy Guide Grand Master

The problem with weekly interviews is that they oversaturate the forums with interviews and then nobody really cares about any of the interviews anymore...This is the same thing that happened last time..

Now personally I dont care if you do interviews as they do not conflict with my Elite Guide Writer Interviews, BUT if you do them weekly as they were done last time I can gaurantee you that after a month or two you will see the interest drop on all the interviews as there will be so many its not interesting anymore....

Also random interviews IMO bring the interest of interviews down because everyone gets them....

Comps interviews for MotM and Special Interviews are for people who are recognized for helping out on the site and going out of their way to help everyone else out.

The Elite Guide Writers Interviews are for people being recognized for their hard work on guides to help all of us out..

When Lee did his Artistic Interviews it was for the best site artists who are helping everyone out...

If you do an interview for every buttcheek and their sister who don't necessarily do anything to help the site, all they have to do is say "OOOHHHHH PICK ME PICK ME!!!" It ruins the interest in why interviews are special...

I guess what im trying to say is if you want to do interviews, thats cool do interviews, but make them monthly and find a niche that concentrates on interviews of a group of people helping out on the site.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would do it I guess

Platinum Procrastinator

I think monthly interviews would be too long for something like this. However, perhaps you could change the format every week or two, ie, the first week interview someone more noticeable, then on week two interview a new comer, then week three an artist, and finally on week four maybe a staff member. That's just a general idea.

Also, I'd coordinate with Comp to see who shes interviewing so there is no crossover. I'd like to see the interviews brought back even if it was once a month or at the very least bi-weekly as they give us insight on other members we might not be familiar with.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Legend...Nuff Said

I would like to point out #2 of my previous post again. The theme or niche of the interviews will be trophy hunting. Its not about what people do for the site, as that is already covered by the MotM. This is for the people who are trophy hunters and their exploits
    That being said, yes, again, there will be some criteria but there will not be voting. I do not agree with voting because it becomes a popularity contest. Agree with that or not, it is how it comes off as. Nominating yourself is fine but it will not be the only way I pick people. It just helps me get peoples interest and a pool of ready to select interviewees.
    If interest dies out then it dies out, but, to address another point, I won't be making one new thread for each interview. I will be making one single thread that I will be locking after each interview is posted. This way people can browse the interviews as they see fit.

This site currently has over 5000 members. If I do 1 a month the community will not get as big of a spotlight as it can or should. 1 a week is fine because that is 52 a year which is 1% of the entire current site population.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    had a group specifically for co-op gaming
    Dunno if it was part of the "group" but when we were all playing Uncharted 3 BETA, was hilarious

EDIT: And yeah as Chambers has just said, don't lock it after each interview... Otherwise, well yeah. It'd be pointless.
    Last edited by ChrisValentine; 04-26-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Chambers reminded me to put the rest of my post

Nope, nothing

I will be making one single thread that I will be locking after each interview is posted. This way people can browse the interviews as they see fit.
    I agree about having it in one thread, but locking it after you add an interview? I hope you know that means it will get viewed by barely anyone as it will get lost in the forums...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    That said, I really miss the artistic interviews done by L33 (renegdr). They should definitely come back!
    I took those over before the site crashed but to be frank, we ran out of artists that we deemed worthy of interviewing

/elitist post

The One and Only

I'll go for an interview. It will be nice for people to know about the Ill Mind of DaRe.

EDIT: Maybe all interviews can be all in one thread, and in the OP there will be a link to each interview for easy searchings. Locking it up after each interview posted doesn't seem like a great idea for traffic reasons, but I won't go against it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    I took those over before the site crashed but to be frank, we ran out of artists that we get along with...
    Corrected

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Corrected
    Nah I think I've got it down to a T now

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    I took those over before the site crashed but to be frank, we ran out of artists that actually posted something worthy of the phrase art

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast