Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Weekly Interviews Sign-Up Thread

This is a discussion on Weekly Interviews Sign-Up Thread within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Curse Nah I think I've got it down to a T now Now you're just bitching, and ...

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    Nah I think I've got it down to a T now
    Now you're just bitching, and coming across like you have an oversized head.

I'm quite surprised that you actually said that...

Will Love you for Food

Count me in I suppose if you do interviews, although I'm not that much of a trophy hunter anymore. Nonetheless if you ever feel like it.

Originally Posted by Curse
    I took those over before the site crashed but to be frank, we ran out of artists that actually posted something worthy of the phrase art

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

I took those over before the site crashed but to be frank, we ran out of artists that we deemed worthy of interviewing
    I took those over before the site crashed but to be frank, we ran out of artists that actually posted something worthy of the phrase art
    Wow, man way to spit in the face of artists you didn't interview.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Corrected
    Now you're just bitching, and coming across like you have an oversized head.

I'm quite surprised that you actually said that...
    Quote Originally Posted by apokolypz View Post
    Count me in I suppose if you do interviews, although I'm not that much of a trophy hunter anymore. Nonetheless if you ever feel like it.

Originally Posted by Curse

Toggle Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    Wow, man way to spit in the face of artists you didn't interview.
    Geez, guys. He was kidding to begin with, hence the "/elitist post" at the end of it. Don't get all butthurt and learn to take a dang joke.

Also, don't spam a thread with some stupid AI drama shit. Take it elsewhere please.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Geez, guys. He was kidding to begin with, hence the "/elitist post" at the end of it. Don't get all butthurt and learn to take a dang joke.
    I was just pointing out what he actually meant, but we got different colours instead

дурак

I took those over before the site crashed but to be frank, we ran out of artists that we deemed worthy of interviewing

/elitist post
    So tell me, how long does it take you to get on your high horse every morning?

EDIT: Wait, is this sarcasm? I... can't tell. Oh well.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I'm going to assume he uses some kind of step stool

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Not as long as it takes everyone else to put on their butthurt shields.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Not as long as it takes everyone else to put on their butthurt shields.

But on par with the subject at hand, you should first ask In2's permission. Also, like said before it will get old quick but if you do plan on doing it just don't interview any member that comes your way either. Interview someone known around the site or that stands out.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    I'm going to assume he uses some kind of step stool
    Perhaps rocket boots

On Topic. I'm neither here nor there on this. I think it would be cool, just ask In2. At the same time like others have stated, it may become old quick and may interfere with other interviews. I'd like to see where this goes.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Legend...Nuff Said

I agree about having it in one thread, but locking it after you add an interview? I hope you know that means it will get viewed by barely anyone as it will get lost in the forums...
    It might get lost or it might not. But seeing as how this thread is supposed to be for people to post wanting to get an interview, but has turned into a drama-fest about various topics, I don't want the actual interview thread to be bogged down with people bitching and whining and turning that into drama for various reasons. I want the interview thread to remain clean and 100% on topic.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I don't want the actual interview thread to be bogged down with people bitching and whining and turning that into drama for various reasons. I want the interview thread to remain clean and 100% on topic.
    Well, you like to dream big, don't you? lol

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Kal
    Lvl 4 - Silver

I want to be interviewed!

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I think monthly interviews would be too long for something like this. However, perhaps you could change the format every week or two, ie, the first week interview someone more noticeable, then on week two interview a new comer, then week three an artist, and finally on week four maybe a staff member. That's just a general idea.

Also, I'd coordinate with Comp to see who shes interviewing so there is no crossover. I'd like to see the interviews brought back even if it was once a month or at the very least bi-weekly as they give us insight on other members we might not be familiar with.
    That changing it up a bit each week sounds fairly intriquing lol. Perhaps since IN2 originally made it.. see if he wants to continue. THEN ask Jack Krauser to assist with handling some interviews OR atleast a select variety and switch up eveyr other month or so who is in charge of it. Create one thread for eachmonth, containing 4 weeks of interviews. This could work? no..maybe Nero likes and saves effort fully and different ideas and group effort.

I would like to point out #2 of my previous post again. The theme or niche of the interviews will be trophy hunting. Its not about what people do for the site, as that is already covered by the MotM. This is for the people who are trophy hunters and their exploits
    That being said, yes, again, there will be some criteria but there will not be voting. I do not agree with voting because it becomes a popularity contest. Agree with that or not, it is how it comes off as. Nominating yourself is fine but it will not be the only way I pick people. It just helps me get peoples interest and a pool of ready to select interviewees.
    If interest dies out then it dies out, but, to address another point, I won't be making one new thread for each interview. I will be making one single thread that I will be locking after each interview is posted. This way people can browse the interviews as they see fit.

This site currently has over 5000 members. If I do 1 a month the community will not get as big of a spotlight as it can or should. 1 a week is fine because that is 52 a year which is 1% of the entire current site population.
    I would agree with not locking it AS poeple will like to post their opinions and ideas. IF someone gets out of hand.. report and contact a moderator or admin . How i handle my business . I could agree with Davey that 1 interview a week will oversaturate it.. but maybe 2 a month or changing them up as stated before each week could work towards this. Maybe first month or two do a few extra and then save them for the next month afterwards and break it down.

Your ballgame Lasombra and I'm down with this idea.. just try to not conflict with current interests out there like MotM and Elite Guide interviews .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Closing this account

IMO...
    1. Post requirement (600 to 900)
    2. Reputation points (no more then 10)
    3. At least go into CB once is awhile and mingle
    4. Trophy count (at least be a level 7)
    I think if there are guidelines on how to get a weekly interview done, something towards what I posted should be consider. As long as credit is giving to In2, what is the deal really? He doesn't own the idea, he didn't copyright it, so why wait if the person that started in the first place isn't here to confirm or deny any rumors? It like only certain ppl on this site has the ability to do certain things and I feel that weekly interviews are part of that "Anyone can do it, just ask first for permission from Admin"

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    IMO...
    1. Post requirement (600 to 900)
    2. Reputation points (no more then 10)
    3. At least go into CB once is awhile and mingle
    4. Trophy count (at least be a level 7)
    I think if there are guidelines on how to get a weekly interview done, something towards what I posted should be consider. As long as credit is giving to In2, what is the deal really? He doesn't own the idea, he didn't copyright it, so why wait if the person that started in the first place isn't here to confirm or deny any rumors? It like only certain ppl on this site has the ability to do certain things and I feel that weekly interviews are part of that "Anyone can do it, just ask first for permission from Admin"
    I would be strongly against point number three. Out of the people who're active on the forums. A very small percentage of them actually use the chatbox.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

IMO...
    1. Post requirement (600 to 900) <---- WAY too high. A lot of people are active in threads that don't count at all to post counts, so that's unfair.

2. Reputation points (no more then 10) <---- WAY too low (but I agree that people must have above a certain amount of rep.) Plus, between 600 to 900 posts. Everyone is going to have above 10. And having below 10, means opening it up to people that just spam, with no one really liking the comments.

3. At least go into CB once is awhile and mingle <--- Not everyone uses it anymore. I know I don't since the Apocalypse

4. Trophy count (at least be a level 7) <---- Seems reasonable
    Just added my thoughts

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck
    I would be strongly against point number three. Out of the people who're active on the forums. A very small percentage of them actually use the chatbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine
    Just added my thoughts
    Work in progress. If the Weekly Interviews has a good chance of a strong comeback instead of a light fizzle, the ideals I suggested my not be prefect but it can get the new owner to think about who truly can be interview. It also keeps away ppl that just want an interview just to see there name up. The post requirement should be lower but you do have those ppl that just post nonsense about certain topics. My main goal is to lite a fire of thoughts under the ppl that are or will be involved with these interviews.

Legend...Nuff Said

Work in progress. If the Weekly Interviews has a good chance of a strong comeback instead of a light fizzle, the ideals I suggested my not be prefect but it can get the new owner to think about who truly can be interview. It also keeps away ppl that just want an interview just to see there name up. The post requirement should be lower but you do have those ppl that just post nonsense about certain topics. My main goal is to lite a fire of thoughts under the ppl that are or will be involved with these interviews.
    Hey JayHawk, thanks for the words of wisdom.
    The post count isn't too big of a factor for me because the focus is on trophy hunting, and more emphasis will be put on their trophy card.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Royal Flush X2

Hey JayHawk, thanks for the words of wisdom.
    The post count isn't too big of a factor for me because the focus is on trophy hunting, and more emphasis will be put on their trophy card.
    If your going interview trophy hunters, check there trophy profiles to see if they are hackers otherwise it will become interview with the trophy hacker lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast