Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Weekly Interviews Sign-Up Thread

This is a discussion on Weekly Interviews Sign-Up Thread within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sign-up and be heard! Don't be afraid to get your story told to the gaming masses! EDIT: After listening to ...

Legend...Nuff Said

Weekly Interviews Sign-Up Thread

Sign-up and be heard! Don't be afraid to get your story told to the gaming masses!

EDIT: After listening to some good ideas from people I have added the following criteria to be interviewed. As the theme will be on trophy hunting, the criteria is skewed more towards that. If anyone has any constructive feedback please post it. These requirements are not meant as a barrier to being interviewed, but more to prevent saturation from someone posting once and thinking they can get quick fame.

Minimums
    Trophy Count: 5 platinums and/or 1000 individual trophies (Easy filler plats like NCIS and Hannah Montana do not count)
    PSN Level: 10

This can change depending on constructive feedback and testing.
    Last edited by Lasombra; 04-27-2012 at 11:57 PM.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Plats-O'-War!!

, guess, I'm up at bat.

Crocodile Hunter

I dnt think you should steal this out from under him, he was asking where it went and was interested to start it back up. jumping the gun like this is wrong of you IMO

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll sign up if this goes ahead

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I dnt think you should steal this out from under him, he was asking where it went and was interested to start it back up. jumping the gun like this is wrong of you IMO
    Who was asking about it, mate?

HDD corrupted u.u

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Who was asking about it, mate?
    I think it was In2
    [floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Bladia View Post
    I think it was In2
    Well if it was then Lasombra definitely shouldn't be making this thread as it was In2 who did it in the first place, well that's if In2 was planning on starting them again.

In2views FTW!

Legend...Nuff Said

No one said they were starting anything up. Someone made a thread saying how they would like to see it back because they saw them before. Someone mentioned In2 was the person who did them before the site had to be rebooted. But In2 never mentioned anything in the thread at all.
    Jack Krauser said 'maybe' he should take it under his wing (he was the one who started the thread liking to see them back) but he said it in such a way that it could be meant as a joke.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Til Death Do Us Part

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would be honoured to be interviewed, and read interviews of others to get to know you folks

Legendary...Nuff Said

There's nothing wrong with "stealing someone else's thunder" so long as he's asked him beforehand. Otherwise, lots of things were "stolen" by others after the meltdown, so it's not really a big deal.

On the offhand, literally just asking, "Who wants to be interviewed?!" is a lame way to actually conduct an interview. In my opinion, people who should get interviewed should be deserving of one, such as with the MotM interviews. Randomly picking people no one here has ever heard of not only makes the interview itself boring for many, but it can also make people deserving of the interview butthurt.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    There's nothing wrong with "stealing someone else's thunder" so long as he's asked him beforehand. Otherwise, lots of things were "stolen" by others after the meltdown, so it's not really a big deal.

On the offhand, literally just asking, "Who wants to be interviewed?!" is a lame way to actually conduct an interview. In my opinion, people who should get interviewed should be deserving of one, such as with the MotM interviews. Randomly picking people no one here has ever heard of not only makes the interview itself boring for many, but it can also make people deserving of the interview butthurt.
    Jack does have a point. Perhaps there should be some criteria that qualifies a person to be "interview-able". Perhaps one needs to be a member for longer than X amount of months and/or a post count higher than Y.

On another note, you can sign me up!

illegal in 9 countries

I think the whole concept is pointless, this is why we have MotM. Making a weekly equivalent for anyone who puts their hand up is pissing on the picnic.

My $0.02.

Change is mediocre

Yeah, while interviews are great, if they are just random people that aren't deserving of such recognition then it seems a little pointless. I like interviews if they are about people that deserve one for the topic.

дурак

I agree. I love reading interviews about users I actually know. If they are just some random kid that has been on the site for a week, I would be seriously uninterested.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

HDD corrupted u.u

I agree. Interviews are given to those who deserve it. Just giving away random interviews is a waste of everyone's time, because everyone will go looking to get one, and the majority of them will be n00bs
    [floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

Legend...Nuff Said

This thread has become a little crazy, something I did not expect so I'd like to address a few issues before I hit the sack.

1) In my opinion member of the month is too much of a popularity contest. Some people get nominated over and over and over again. This will give an opportunity for those who want a voice to get a voice.

2) I will not pick anyone off the street to interview. Someone who is on the site for one day and has 0 trophies will not get an interview. I'll edit the first point soon with some criteria, but it won't be something designed to prevent people from being picked. The theme of the interviews will be 'trophy hunters' and will highlight trophy hunters on the site. This is not MotM where it spotlights members who do stuff for the site. This is for those who spend their time trying to capture that illusive platinum trophy of all shapes and sizes.

3) The interviews will be a thread like any other thread. You have the choice to read it, or not read it. It takes zero time for you to create. This is something I am doing using my free time and obviously a little time from the interviewee to be interviewed. I am not saying this in a tone to be a jerk, but some comments are making a bigger deal out of this negatively than it is warranted. Maybe after reading point 2 their preconceived idea of what these interviews are about will change.

So far 4 people are interested, and I hope more will eventually raise a hand. For those 4 people I will PM you in the next couple days with details for the interview.

L
    Til Death Do Us Part

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    This thread has become a little crazy, something I did not expect so I'd like to address a few issues before I hit the sack.

1) In my opinion member of the month is too much of a popularity contest. Some people get nominated over and over and over again. This will give an opportunity for those who want a voice to get a voice.

2) I will not pick anyone off the street to interview. Someone who is on the site for one day and has 0 trophies will not get an interview. I'll edit the first point soon with some criteria, but it won't be something designed to prevent people from being picked. The theme of the interviews will be 'trophy hunters' and will highlight trophy hunters on the site. This is not MotM where it spotlights members who do stuff for the site. This is for those who spend their time trying to capture that illusive platinum trophy of all shapes and sizes.

3) The interviews will be a thread like any other thread. You have the choice to read it, or not read it. It takes zero time for you to create. This is something I am doing using my free time and obviously a little time from the interviewee to be interviewed. I am not saying this in a tone to be a jerk, but some comments are making a bigger deal out of this negatively than it is warranted. Maybe after reading point 2 their preconceived idea of what these interviews are about will change.

So far 4 people are interested, and I hope more will eventually raise a hand. For those 4 people I will PM you in the next couple days with details for the interview.
    I'll be down with this . Had fun doing last interview . And you're totally right, people don't have to read this thread OR bother reading the interviews if they don't want to. Just something fun and I understand that.

Only thing, which you just touched on is just adding a little bit of criteria so that not every n00b comes running(don't look at me). Mainly try to get some more deserving members that you know of OR even at least let some of us nominate some names for a surprise interview. I'd actually like to help do a few myself. maybe do some interviews for those special secret Pro-grades people were receiving hehehe.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Trophy Guide Kitten

My only problem with this is people being picked here and then for MotM or the special. I will not reinterview people if they have a previous interview. If you think Motm is a popularity contest then whatever, that's your opinion, but at least I ask for valid reasons behind ones nomination. Then there is a special interview I conduct on someone who does a lot for the site but goes unnoticed. At least when In2 did these interviews he talked with me about it to make sure it would not get in the way of my MotM.

So for those of you interested in this, be aware, I will keep track of who is interviewed and will not reinterview again.
    K? Thanks

Galaxy beauty pirate

Be prepared to get a lot of shit from some members when you'll start the interviews. I thought In2 did a pretty good job on the interviews and I enjoyed most of them, but there were always members who were butthurt because they didn't get interviewed or making some drama because they didn't find the person/interview to be interesting.
    I honestly say I didn't like all interviews that much (some were great to read and others were meh), just depends on the person and the answers given, but at least I won't be a troll and just move on when I don't like the read. Others however feel the urge to start some drama. Problem is you can never satisfy everybody here.

The only thing I don't like is that persons have to ask for themselves for an interview. Feels a bit awkward, but that's just my opinion. Maybe the members here can say some names of who they would like to see an interview with. Not like nominations and counts and all, but just to get an idea of members who're active and known with the community.

Good luck though when you'll start them and I will definitely read and respond if I like the interview.

That said, I really miss the artistic interviews done by L33 (renegdr). They should definitely come back!
    Sig by Ramon

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious View Post
    My only problem with this is people being picked here and then for MotM or the special. I will not reinterview people if they have a previous interview. If you think Motm is a popularity contest then whatever, that's your opinion, but at least I ask for valid reasons behind ones nomination. Then there is a special interview I conduct on someone who does a lot for the site but goes unnoticed. At least when In2 did these interviews he talked with me about it to make sure it would not get in the way of my MotM.

So for those of you interested in this, be aware, I will keep track of who is interviewed and will not reinterview again.
    Perhaps Lasombra could get with you on this to not have a conflict of interst here? I could see where that would be bit in the way but then again, if this is for more unnoticed folks, might not be too bad. I just think could be a good idea. IF maybe this one could ask some different questions aside from what the MotM goes for. Just a thought.

Btw, what are IN2's opinion on this?

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast