Activision: Call of Duty Elite Still Needs to Prove Itself

This is a discussion on Activision: Call of Duty Elite Still Needs to Prove Itself within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Despite rolling out new features like Clan Operations, Activision still feels that the early day outages for Call of Duty ...

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Activision: Call of Duty Elite Still Needs to Prove Itself

Despite rolling out new features like Clan Operations, Activision still feels that the early day outages for Call of Duty Elite burned many hopeful gamers.

Despite running pretty much uninterrupted since December, Call of Duty Elite is still not the highly successful stat-tracking service that Activision envisioned it to be. While early access to DLC like new modes and maps helped secure plenty of premium Elite memberships, it was the early day outages that marred the service’s reputation.

Now it would be satisfactory if Activision had improved the service since the launch snafu with new features like clan support and prizes, but that’s apparently not good enough for the juggernaut publisher. Activision knows they “pissed off” a bunch of gamers, and it’s there goal to improve.

Originally it was announced that a premium Elite membership would secure 20 pieces of DLC, but that number has since been upgraded to 24 – as detailed in the Modern Warfare 3 release schedule. Call of Duty Elite developer Beachhead Studios is even working around the clock to roll out new features to the service, which saw a mobile version released in January.

But Activision Product Director Noah Heller knows that winning fans over isn’t going to come cheap – especially when the service was non-existent for the first month of release for 2011′s best selling game.

“There’s a lot of people we pissed off all the way back to November, and we have to show them we are not going to let that happen again. But we have started fulfilling our promises and people are starting to get it is real value for money.”

Ultimately, Call of Duty Elite, in its current iteration, isn’t going to change all that much from update to update, but at least Activision is acknowledging their missteps with the service. With rumors of Call of Duty Elite 2.0 coming right in time for Black Ops 2 (or what we believe to be Black Ops 2) that feels like the more appropriate time to give the service a serious overhaul. With a few more months left of DLC for Elite premium users, there’s still plenty of time to get a few choice updates in, so we look forward to what Beachhead has cooking up.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

INTJ

the site is useless

just like battlelog is.

only reason people are paying for it is for the maps.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the site is useless

just like battlelog is.

only reason people are paying for it is for the maps.
    That is the only reason i got it..
    and i regret it so bad...

Battlelog really isn't useless though.
    I just have to to check which friends are on when im too lazy to turn on my ps3
    also check the CORRECT rankings.
    add people from that certain match
    and yeah... lots of other things.
    I mainly use it because it's free. xD
    ..unlike elite.

I remember the last time i used it, it told me the estimated time for my next level was 2.7 years.
    >.>
    Well, I guess it was right since I haven't touched the game in months.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Im still not convinced with it,i was using the same type deal with cod [email protected] nothing great but is nice to be able to check your stats online.I got all the maps from the cod series and im burnt out on cod dlc..They really have to convince now to waste the amount of money that can go to a new game,really wish i would have never bought any dlc would have been 2-3 new games =( makes me a sad panda just thinking about it.They should make it were we can sell the dlc so i can get my wasted money back

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Couple of issues I have with Elite.

Firstly I bought the hardened edition with cash, but Activision still setup and automatic renewal.

If you want to cancel, try this

XBM>>Playstaion Network>>Account Management >>Transaction Management >>Services List>>Call of Duty Elite 1 yr Membership >>Subscription>>Cancel Automatic Renewal

I have a feeling that there is a main "no automatic renewal" button somewhere on the xbm but I have no idea where.

Second point

Elite got of to a shaky starts and Activision released this statement.

"
    To make up for all of the issues that early adopters have had to deal with, Founders -- which is to say, anyone with Elite at the moment -- will be receiving a free 30-day extension to their membership "to ensure that every premium member receives their full money's worth."

As far as I know this has not happened.My subscription still ends at the start of November. I emailed Activision at the beginning of March and here is their response.

"After some investigation I have found that this is a known issue that we are still investigating. We are unsure as to what causes the incorrect display, but rest assured we are looking into it for you. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for your patience as we attempt to figure this out."
    FML