Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sony Allstar reveal, Every single bit of Gameplay inside

This is a discussion on Sony Allstar reveal, Every single bit of Gameplay inside within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by iRock Mortal Kombat - Street Fighter - Soul Calibur - Marvel VS Capcom games out there ? ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    Mortal Kombat - Street Fighter - Soul Calibur - Marvel VS Capcom games out there ?
    i was expecting a hybrid of what you said combined with smash bros of sort since it will obviously have a wide range of sony characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Doing something first isn't as important as doing it right.

This, although not an original idea, looks like it could easily surpass any installment in the SB franchise, and I support this move...even if I wont purchase it.

you can never beat sakurai.

he's like nintendo's "Shit out solid gold" button.

also for people wondering why im mad

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Another flopped attempt by SONY. No wonder SONY has had such huge losses over the past decade. No innovation what so ever and not even pulling out the graphical power of the PS3 for this title unless this is a PSN title. Can you say sale bin within a few months. Unless they can improve on this game in all aspects before it launches. But, I don't see that happening if the game's coming out this year.

INTJ

anyone know who this character is

i mean sony's characters are so memorable, surely you guys would know

also where the fuck is toro and kuro

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    anyone know who this character is

i mean sony's characters are so memorable, surely you guys would know

also where the fuck is toro and kuro
    It's looks like a Prinny from the Disgaea series (which in my opinion is the best tactical role-playing game you can get)

Main point:

Yes it looks like Super smash bros. But the game can still be changed since it isn't out yet, in fact even though it's gameplay footage the game has no given or expected release date (unless I missed it in the video) so the game can easily be changed a lot before it comes out.
    And even if it does end up being a 'PS3 super smash bros' that would actually be good planning on Sony's part. Nintendo has a game that sells fairly well, so why shouldn't Sony use the formula to get a good game of their own. To me it would just be offensive competition to Nintendo.

If a company (Nearly) always copies another then it's a bad company who can't think of anything original. If like in this case the company does it 1 in every 100 or so ideas then you can just call it a strategic input into the competition.

But I suppose Sony could have tried a little harder at making look different at the very least

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    the game has no given or expected release date (unless I missed it in the video) so the game can easily be changed a lot before it comes out.[/COLOR]
    they said in the episode holiday 2012.

good luck changing major game mechanics at this point

Legend...Nuff Said

The games looks interesting. I was never a SSB fan because of the controls. I'll have to wait and see how the controls feeling, but it looks like it has potential.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Retired

I'm a fan of mash up fighting games. So I will definitely buy this.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    The games looks interesting. I was never a SSB fan because of the controls. I'll have to wait and see how the controls feeling, but it looks like it has potential.
    back when the game sounded like not a ripoff, they were using fighter sticks and stuff while beta testing the game.

INTJ

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale smashes through the PlayStation library | Joystiq

Despite it being a clone of another series, PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale was a lot of fun to play. It may have been one of Sony's worst kept secrets in recent memory, but it's certainly shaping up to be a surprising title for the PlayStation 3's 2012 release calendar.

also sony video

Kid, not loser

Sony is pulling up more new ips than micro and nintendo pretty much combined, I dont mind them stealing one little game to showcase all there history.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Sony is pulling up more new ips than micro and nintendo pretty much combined, I dont mind them stealing one little game to showcase all there history.
    Nintendo Created at least 75 Brand new IP's Since 2000

how many did sony make since 2000?

also game informer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/pl...e-preview.aspx

None of this really strays from the Smash Bros. formula, but the scoring method has notable differences. Attacking foes fills an AP bar at the bottom of the screen, which grants three levels of a super attack once filled. You can attack an opponent all day, but the only way you'll actually score a point is if you KO them with a super attack. Level one attacks are usually limited, such as Parappa's spin kick. Once you get to level three, however, you're almost guaranteed a couple of points with screen-clearing attacks. Parappa breaks into a rap performance that annihilates nearby opponents, while Sweet Tooth transforms into his robot form for an insane damage boost.

Considering the importance of super attacks, managing your AP becomes the focus. Items like rocket launchers and the Spear of Destiny from God of War will occasionally drop onto the battlefield, and they can be used to reduce the super meter of opponents. AP orbs can be granted by certain moves, such as Parappa's Boxy Boy boombox ability.

AP bar is the only new thing in the whole game that differs itself from smash bros.

woo

Kid, not loser

Yeah wii sports, wii fitness, wii etc. etc. Ive seen that list it should end at 25 really.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Retired

Yea like ^ said.

How many Mario games have there been? 100?

I don't think there's any Sony game that had more than atleast 10 games. (I don't know about Final Fantasy and don't care.).

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Yeah wii sports, wii fitness, wii etc. etc. Ive seen that list it should end at 25 really.
    for those who want to see it

Updated! 75 New Nintendo IPs Since Year 2000

Legend...Nuff Said

Have to say that video convinced me into looking at this title a lot more closely. I want to see the full roster first. It'd be interesting what the default characters are.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    I don't think there's any Sony game that had more than atleast 10 games. (I don't know about Final Fantasy and don't care.).

ratchet and clank series if you count the HD collection (without it it's just 10 games in the series)

only one i can think of off the top of my head.

edit:

bit of googling, Socom is a sony exclusive with more than 10 games also

edit 2:

ape escape

edit 3:

singstar

don't know if you count crash bandicoot or spyro as a sony ip but whatever.

edit 4:

god of war is getting close to the 10 game threshold (currently has 9 games in the series, including ascention).

gran turismo (if you include the Concept 2001-2002 games)

everybody's golf (known to the US as Hot Shots golf)

Buzz!

twisted metal

i would keep going but im too tired and im going to sleep.

take a look at the list and see what you can find out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Co...opment_studios
    Last edited by Ps360; 04-27-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Game on....

This looks like so much fail. Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Parappa, Fat Princess, Colonel Radec, and Sly Cooper? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters. Kratos and colonel radec don't really fit in to this game. Sweet tooth is just stupid. Fat princess, who cares? I don't normally defend Nintendo, but this poor imitation is a bad rip off of SSB.

дурак

It does look kind of fun. But Super Smash Brothers was always fun... I have to agree with Ps360, it's a complete and total knock off of SSB. So until I see what separates it from that game, my judgement is this:

Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Well... that looks like shit...
    Agree, looks so generic, and WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, SWEET TOOTH? The game he is in sucks tons. I can only say that Iīm disappointed as hell. WHY ARE THERE NO COLOURS? AND IF THEY DO COUNT AS COLOURS WTH ARE THEY SO DAMN BLEAK? Sorry, I just lost hope on this one.

Why couldnīt they just copy paste Super Smash Bros. but with Sony/third party character instead?

Dono if these have been posted:

Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 2 - Bronze

So what if this is a rip of SSB

what about the people that don't have a Wii?

i don't care, looks like a fun game

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast