Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sony Allstar reveal, Every single bit of Gameplay inside

This is a discussion on Sony Allstar reveal, Every single bit of Gameplay inside within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma This looks like so much fail. Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Parappa, Fat Princess, Colonel Radec, and Sly ...

Kid, not loser

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    This looks like so much fail. Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Parappa, Fat Princess, Colonel Radec, and Sly Cooper? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters. Kratos and colonel radec don't really fit in to this game. Sweet tooth is just stupid. Fat princess, who cares? I don't normally defend Nintendo, but this poor imitation is a bad rip off of SSB.
    Well the characters dont have to go with eachother in this, the point is just mindless fun. Snake and many other characters dont fit together in SSB, but they work, and its fun to play.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    ratchet and clank series if you count the HD collection (without it it's just 10 games in the series)

only one i can think of off the top of my head.
    edit:
    bit of googling, Socom is a sony exclusive with more than 10 games also
    edit 2:
    ape escape
    edit 3:
    singstar
    don't know if you count crash bandicoot or spyro as a sony ip but whatever.
    edit 4:
    god of war is getting close to the 10 game threshold (currently has 9 games in the series, including ascention).
    gran turismo (if you include the Concept 2001-2002 games)
    everybody's golf (known to the US as Hot Shots golf)
    Buzz!
    twisted metal
    No I don't count the HD Collection
    3 (No one cares about it)
    No I don't count it as a Sony IP, I only count the Sony games, which aren't much.
    God of War 6 games only. GOW 1,2,3, Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus, and finally Ascension, others don't count since their not on a Sony console.
    5 (No one cares)

But you realize none of them have 25 or more. Unlike Mario or Kirby.

Metroid has 11 games.
    Zelda has 15-16
    Kirby over 20 games.
    Sonic also has over 20 games (including phone and other consoles)
    Megaman has over 25 games.
    Castlevania over 30
    Donkey Kong has 27.
    Pokemon 40+
    Mario (if you count appearances (which I know you won't) has:

Toggle Spoiler

My point is clear.

illegal in 9 countries

Looks every bit the winner as Move Heroes and Ratchet & Clank All 4 One.
    :blankstare: :cough: :tumbleweed:

Do we need SSB on PS3? It sucks enough on the Wii.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Looks like fun, something i can play with my kids. I think thats more of the point then anything else. So who really cares if it looks like crap and not original.

Change is mediocre

Honestly, it looks good (albeit exactly like Smash Bros.). I am just glad all PS characters (that I can see) are included. Sweet Tooth is awesome, and I will be anticipating this game.

It looks good for what it is, a fun, family-friendly fighting game with awesome characters.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Looks every bit the winner as Move Heroes
    :blankstare: :cough: :tumbleweed:
    Dont mention that abomination!

PRO Member

Ugh... What an unoriginal idea Sony.

If you are going to "steal and make your own" so to speak, atleast steal something worth stealing.

SSB is pretty "meh," its a sub-par fighting game with bad controls. I'd much rather this be a more traditional fighter.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

The Old Guy

when sony can pull out original idea that isn't from a indie company/nintendo sure.

the problem is that this is 100% carbon copy of smash bros, but with sony characters. I was expecting a original fighter that was way more open then the usual fighter (UMVC3 and Mortal Kombat) Yet Isn't as insane as Brawl or Melee, because they were talking about using fighter sticks and having the fighter crowd move over. But no, it's EXACTLY like smash bros in every single way possible. there's my main bitching.
    I actually agree with you about this game, but it's always funny when you pull out the "Sony needs to get original ideas" line. Because Nintendo has just been chock full of new ideas, lately, right...? In a few years, we'll be talking about Mario Brothers 9, Paper Mario 12, Mario Party 15, Mario Kart 23 and Zelda 15.

EDIT: Just read back through more of this thread and realized I was beaten to the punch on this thought...
    Last edited by ONUOsFan; 04-27-2012 at 09:15 AM.

PRO Member

Hmm not sure about this one it sounds ok but it just seems like smash bros to me with different players.

Lvl 6 - Silver

For a second I thought that was footage of a new Smash Bro's game until I saw the characters. Consider me unimpressed.

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

I rather be paying the original SMB either on the N64 or WII.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Harvester of Souls

I'm startig to get a bit more interested in the game only for single fact of having Colonel Radec . Terrbile reason to buy a game, but I prolly will. I don't care how shit it is.. as long as they include Spyro and Crash somehow.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Yeah, it is a lot like Smash Bros apart from one very important point.

I don't give a flippity fig about Nintendo characters.

PRO Member

So. Much. Hate. It definitely looks like a Nintendo rip, but i'd still like to see where it goes. I loved every bit of SSB from the first to the latest. It may not be like other traditional fighting games, but I was able to pick it up and become baller at it regardless, I do feel that some of the characters don't really fit together, but wait! Isn't that the point of this kind of game!? Like I've said before. I'd like to see where this goes.

Also...Fat Princess??? WTF -_-

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm baffled by the amount of hate for this game. Sure, it wears its influences on its sleeve, but come on.

Hell, it's miles ahead of Smash Bros for one reason: I don't have to play with one of Nintendo's AWFUL controllers.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Ripoff or not, game looks fun as hell. To me that's a selling point. Most FPS games are all very similar and most of them bore me to death.
    Yeah, this may be an almost identical copy but so have been Digimon Rumble Arena 2 and Battle Stadium D.O.N., mediocre games but I still see people who play them because they like the characters.
    I like Sony characters so I'm getting the game. Simple as that. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and need not bash others because they don't share it.

My only concern are the environments. They look a little dull, it's like "flat surface, some elevated points". Needs more...movement, more flavor. The LBP level could have been done so much better, with different levels and moving stuff, maybe a Pop It cursor deleting or moving pieces of the floor and all that. The idea is to have as much chaos as possible.
    And PLEASE include items like in SMB. Those can make it so much interesting. Imagine a giant Katamari ball rolling around or little Patapons attacking your opponents, getting the Guitaroo Man guitar to attack everyone, or a giant origami crane from Heavy Rain falling and crushing everyone.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I only hope there will be an editor to build your own level like in LBP-
    undefined

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    SSB is pretty "meh," its a sub-par fighting game with bad controls. I'd much rather this be a more traditional fighter.

SSB was never a fighter game

The creator said it himself that it's a party game.

(also the controls are great)

PRO Member

SSB was never a fighter game

The creator said it himself that it's a party game.

(also the controls are great)
    Don't give a fuck what the creator calls it... It fits all the required qualities to fit any reasonable definition of a fighting game.

Wikipedia in specific calls it a 2.5D fighting game.

And in general SSB does not have great controls, the N64 version's controls are sub-par. This is mostly due to the awkwardness of the controller so I forgive some of it. SSBM's controls fixed all of SSB's mistakes, and is the only game in the series worth playing.

SSBB was a regression, graphics are improved of course, but the controls aren't tuned well for the motion control. The amount of error or noise allowed is too high and once you exceed this threshold the character movement is too violent.

Maybe in the guide of a party game its ok, but games like Mario Party don't have great controls either. Its all very loose. Compared to what it really is though, a fighting game, its pathetic on the Wii.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Hardcore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    I'm saying hating on Sony in general. They created Move and Eyepet originally. Move has been in the works before Wii was released, same with Eyepet and Kinect.
    What about the NES Lightgun or PowerGlove?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKoala View Post
    I'm baffled by the amount of hate for this game. Sure, it wears its influences on its sleeve, but come on.

Hell, it's miles ahead of Smash Bros for one reason: I don't have to play with one of Nintendo's AWFUL controllers.
    Personally, this gives a chance NOT to Kirby Suicide where you just sit at the edge with Kirby, wait for someone to come by, jump off the edge, suck them in, and as they get out, fly back up to the top (in which I did CONSTANTLY in the first 6 months of playing local matches of Melee and then I did it every time it was a 4-player game, it came down to me and someone else, and I KNEW that I wasn't going to win)

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast